What's new

K-4 SLBM will be Game Changer for India in Asia

Slow, Low-orbit Ballistic Missile

How slow? Can i launch it from my cycle?

You are a very senior member. Really you do not know the meaning of SLBM? It is Submarine Launch Ballistic Missile.

I thought it's Ship Launched Ballistic Missile, going by yours posts. Don't go for my senior tag, the person behind the computer is a downright idiot.

I found on PDF that k4 was tested earlier also. Some naval officers were dock for leaking Information on K4.

It was about Time
I mean action should have been in March 2011 , when 2 of these idiots leaked the info about successful Test of 4000 Km range K4 SLBM , which is a more serious breach since the info was even picked up by online Defence sites

Also I would Like to confirm that some of the Info which i posted on PDF regarding Indian SSN Projects, I got it from one of these gentlemen

as I am in the facebook Friend List of one of the officers , and in facebook , all the info that you disclose is only accessible to your facebook Buddies , not every other person on the site
Also there are no chinese , Pakistanis or Americans on there friendlist
Though their is a French , Russian and 2 Israeli National on the list
The Young Russian Lady and the Young Israeli Lady are also on My list

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...officers-dock-leaking-info.html#ixzz2bwOYscqT

So I guessed correctly ... strategic importance of this missile equals that of Agni V or may be surpasses Agni V . Hope fully first publicly acknowledged test is also successful .

This is supposed to be a much advanced missile than Agni yet I do not see the excitement we had seen at the time of Agni V test. Actually I expected this thread to rock but i do not see the response I had expected.

Hi Hari Prasad
You are correct. seems everybody was in awe of Agni V's rage and the fact that it nears true ICBM. Even I was under impression that K4 is nothing but SL version of Agni III . Thanks for your clarification .
Why not put comparison once again between Agni V & K4 to start with !

I do not know in which way it is K4 is SLBM version of A3. It is a totally different weight class missile (48 tons Vs 17 tons) with totally different trajectory. I do not see anything common except range. I do not know whether people are confused between A3 and K4 because of range.

We have the ships that can launch Prithivi III (Dhanush). In fact Dhanush is a naval version of Prithvi which is launched from ships. I bit higher dimension K4 can also be launched from ships.

Well of course it's a lighter and redesigned it has to fit into an sub. And why would you want to have it launchable form a ship when you're creating a whole line of nuke subs for that role of second strike?

Having a ship launch K-4 is redundant.

Indians always like to look at 1 or more projects ahead. Instead of focus on k-4, it should first finish K15. Instead of focus on AMCA or LCA-MKII, finish the LCA first.

When will India learn to walk first before talk?

K-15 had been tested 12 times awaiting induction as platform( INS Arihant ) is shaping up . It's right time to move ahead with K4. Apparently if reports are to be believed even K4 has been tested before . I think it's right time to move ahed with k4 which India desperately needs for reliable deterrence .

However I agree we need to focus on LCA and finish it first before going for AMCA !!!

Indians always like to look at 1 or more projects ahead. Instead of focus on k-4, it should first finish K15. Instead of focus on AMCA or LCA-MKII, finish the LCA first.

When will India learn to walk first before talk?

LCA and AMCA comes from ADA

Missiles like A5 , K 15 , K 4 comes from DRDO

Rockets and Satellites comes from ISRO

everyone works diff Project

Back
Top Bottom