What's new

Junaid passes over county offers, focussed on CT

Pboy

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: Pakistan’s emerging paceman Junaid Khan has passed over several county offers and is solely “focused” on being super fit for the upcoming Champions Trophy.

Khan, who excelled in Pakistan’s series win against India and also had a decent tour of South Africa recently, caught the attention of English county Durham. But the left-arm fast bowler, who has already played for Lancashire, says the offers will have to wait.

“I have played for Lancashire, and recently got good offers from Durham and a few other county teams. However, my entire focus is on the Champions Trophy at the moment, hence I turned down the offers”, Khan said in an interview.

According to Khan, the Pakistan Cricket Board has also advised the bowler to keep himself injury free as Pakistan faces a long lay-off between now and June, when the Champions Trophy begins.

“PCB has also advised me to skip county offers to avoid possible injuries before the mega event scheduled in England later this year,” Khan said referring to a leg injury he suffered on the tour of South Africa.

Meanwhile, the 23-year-old said he was excited at the prospect of learning a few things when legendary paceman and compatriot Wasim Akram joins Pakistan’s training camp before the Champions Trophy.

“I heard Wasim Akram will also visit the training camp and that would the best opportunity for a youngster like me to learn from the master.”

I think it would have been good for him to play some matches to be fully prepared for the conditions

wrong move - a stint in county cricket gives youngsters opportunity to learn from qualified coaches and get used to different cricket conditions.

Bad move- he could have played in England county and get familiar with the conditions there- Champions trophy is in England-

But what if he get injured while playing county?

Good decision imo.

No one can predict or escape injury- its part of the game- Doesn't mean you sit home and relax- :D-

its better to coach under your national coach like whatmore than play some rubbish county with no use and mediocre players

i think he should practice with the team and whatmore much better

whatmore is one of the most qualified coaches out there

its better to coach under your national coach like whatmore than play some rubbish county with no use and mediocre players

i think he should practice with the team and whatmore much better

whatmore is one of the most qualified coaches out there

County teams are certainly not rubbish.

Its the stage where batsmen and bowlers better their techniques.

Junaid struggled a bit with finding the best line and lenght on fast, bouncy pitches in SA and a country stint would have helped him A LOT considering the CT is staged in England.

Players like Dale Steyn who is already an ATG(All-Time Great) plays county cricket even though he has legend like Donald as bowling coach.

Good decision... He should focus on Champions trophy... right now its a more pressing matter

Good decision... He should focus on Champions trophy... right now its a more pressing matter

Well,

He would have been payed well and been trained in the conditions he will face in the CT in England.

The best way to win is to be prepared and Junaid with this county stint would have been fully prepared.

Its better to travel before and play in England where the Champions trophy is staged than playing on flat tracks in Pakistan.

wrong move - a stint in county cricket gives youngsters opportunity to learn from qualified coaches and get used to different cricket conditions.

Yasir Arafat has been improving a lot. :laugh: NOT!

Waseem giving him tips is better than any pitch or any coach.

Junaid khan is seriously Talented Fast bowler
Lethal Irfan and Junaid khan will destory india in Champion Trophy match

Yasir Arafat has been improving a lot. :laugh: NOT!

Waseem giving him tips is better than any pitch or any coach.

Yasir Arafat was never a good player. He always went for runs by bowling full way outside off or bowling half trackers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom