What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to that..These come in useful for taking in extra airflow during takeoff and the opposite when the aircraft is supersonic.
They must have a really neat spill door system underneath that.

To add to that..These come in useful for taking in extra airflow during takeoff and the opposite when the aircraft is supersonic.
They must have a really neat spill door system underneath that.

My dear, I am talking about the squares of tiny holes around the intake area.

My dear, I am talking about the squares of tiny holes around the intake area.
Exactly what I am referring to.. They take in air on the ground.. and spill excess air when not needed.. all through aerodynamics thanks to the DSI.

Exactly what I am referring to.. They take in air on the ground.. and spill excess air when not needed.. all through aerodynamics thanks to the DSI.

Then that's some serious aerodynamics in place.... I just considered the bump to be like a cone on a Mirage.

The CCIP and CCRP modes on the JF are as accurate if not more as on the F-16's..
It has all the modes of A2A and A2G present on the APG-66.. with a bit more thrown in.
And Like the F-16.. the JF isnt just a light fighter anymore.. It is a technological powerhouse.

Which version of APG-66?

Which version of APG-66?

You cannot compare it on a mirrored basis.
There are features in the current mutation of KJL-7 that arent in the APG-66 but existed in the earlier versions of APG-68.
Then.. there are some features in the KJL that are slightly inferior to those present in the APG-66.

An ingenious piece of work originally developed by Lockheed Martin so credit goes to them :)

Overall performance of KLJ-7 is rated above that of APG-68 later versions, i have talked to some they all have said the same thing. No one in PAF was expecting this versatile and efficient radar by China in such a short span of time> Remember back in 2004-05, AVM (rtd) Shahid Latif said they were not satisfied even with J-10 Radar (early variant not the current one off course).

In a way I want/I expect the radar to approach the APG-68 and the PS-05/A. While cheap is always desirable, but you cannot focus on price alone and buy something that does not do what you want. I say so because look at how Fulcrums and Flankers are spreading even in the poorer countries. The US will be selling off F-16s they no longer need, but also to help their allies/customer counter the 29s & 27s. China has to offer these guys a respectable equivalent/rival.

In my part of the world we have Flankers, we have Fulcrums, we have Gripens and if one is to buy the Thunders to meet their defence needs for the next 10-15 years with the said aircraft as the potential rivals, then China has to have a good offering.

Some countries talking of 2nd hand F-15s.

It seems no matter how many times people read that the JFT is a PAF specific aircraft, they still do not want to acknowledge what that means.

It seems no matter how many times people read that the JFT is a PAF specific aircraft, they still do not want to acknowledge what that means.

Point taken and apologies for using JF-17 synonymous with FC-1. The point I was trying to make is that China and Pakistan will need to offer a credible deterrant/rival to the fighters I noted if they are to sell the FC-1 as they are hopping to.

Where are those JF17 thunders , 50 we need em , we will think about selling after we have our own 300 fighter jets we need them pronto

You cannot compare it on a mirrored basis.
There are features in the current mutation of KJL-7 that arent in the APG-66 but existed in the earlier versions of APG-68.
Then.. there are some features in the KJL that are slightly inferior to those present in the APG-66.

Overall performance of KLJ-7 is rated above that of APG-68 later versions, i have talked to some they all have said the same thing. No one in PAF was expecting this versatile and efficient radar by China in such a short span of time> Remember back in 2004-05, AVM (rtd) Shahid Latif said they were not satisfied even with J-10 Radar (early variant not the current one off course).

KLJ-7 ? only initial batch of eight Thunders (101 - 107, 109) that came from china house KLJ-7. Rest of the aircrafts (108, 110 - onwards) produced in PAC are carrying KLJ-10.
Because PAF was not satisfied with KLJ-7 performance.
The fire control radar is thought to be a Chinese KLJ-7 X-band multi-functional PD radar in the initial batches of 8, then subsequently switched to KLJ-10 with a better performance (track 10 engage 2, look-up range 75km, look-down range 45km for RCS=3m2).
Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

KLJ-7 ? only initial batch of eight Thunders (101 - 107, 109) that came from china house KLJ-7. Rest of the aircrafts (108, 110 - onwards) produced in PAC are carrying KLJ-10.

Really? then why PAF is manufacturing KLJ-7 instead of KLJ-10? This news is wrong and KLJ-07 is the one being used and manufactured. Performance is pretty good in all modes. No hassles. Next in line will be AESA for next batch.

this is nt true,

ths in the net from the last two years

bt it is confirmed that the JFT uses KLJ-7 instead of KLJ-10
for more you can search for that of pakistan to manufacture radar for JFT locally and the pic of KLJ-7 is in the backgroundi instead of the KLJ-10 one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom