What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question, man. Technically, I don't see any reason why not. Even if the communication protocol etc. are different, you can always develop in-house converters/translators. It will take some development for sure, technology of this complexity never comes in plug-and-play mode, but most RADARs should be able to support weapon systems of various origins.

I won't be too worried if it doesn't role out in October. It should most definitely be here before our F-16s arrive, which is all I really want. A shot of our new F-16s with a home-made JF-17 would be worth millions. I can't express how excited I am to be visiting Pakistan in March, won't miss the 23rd March Parade for anything. I just hope we have one.

Lets pray n hope.
An article fron Express news Monday 19th Oct, 09
f9c3f6e97d74af7e21b874b7af52db8e.gif

I asked if the JF-17 is really state of the Art if it needs no many upgrades even before induction.
And asked what aspects of the JF-17 people feel require no upgrades. As of now
Nobody said the JF-17 is the state of the art. Nothing operated by either Pakistan or India, or even China and Russia for that matter, is "state of the art". What everyone has been trying to explain to you, unsuccessfully it seems, is that every aircraft requires upgrades.

The JF-17 offers the PAF much today, but the PAF wants it to provide much more in the future. That is why it requires upgrades, and that is why everything will be considered for these upgrades. If any upgrades are required before induction (I am not aware of any such), then so be it. The fact that induction will continue points to the fact that the upgrades may be minor, whereas the aircraft at large still meets and surpasses the requirements set out by the PAF. In other words, any upgrades required are not severe enough to send the project down the path of the LCA HAL Tejas Mk. I.

The point I'm trying to make is, the answer to your question should be very obvious. The fact that you keep on asking it is why people put words in your mouth. It seems you are implying that because we want to upgrade almost everything on the aircraft, it's a pile of "junk" today. I hope that's not what you are tryign to imply.

Upgrades should ensure that JF-17 is "capable of fulfilling PAF requirements up to middle of 21st century".

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Six more JF-17 Thunder fighter jets inducted into PAF
* Advanced multi-role light combat aircraft jointly developed by Pakistan and China seen as capable of fulfilling PAF requirements up to middle of 21st century

Upgrades should ensure that JF-17 is "capable of fulfilling PAF requirements up to middle of 21st century".

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Six more JF-17 Thunder fighter jets inducted into PAF
* Advanced multi-role light combat aircraft jointly developed by Pakistan and China seen as capable of fulfilling PAF requirements up to middle of 21st century

I think that depends on what IAF would be doing in 2050. I am sure that would be ab era of 5th gen fighters both in PAF and IAF.

Our JF-17 has no BVR ? (Technology)

BVR capability comes up with radar and avionics.
Radar tracks and locks the target beyond vision range.

Yes, JF-17 have BVR capabilities.
JF-17 using KLJ-7 Chinees build radar.
The radar can manage up to 40 targets, monitor up to 10 of them in track-while-scan (TWS) mode and simultaneously fire on two BVR targets. The detection range for targets with a radar is stated to be ≥105 km and ≥85 km in look-down mode. Surface sea targets can be detected at up to 135 km.

BVR missels used in JF-17 are PL-12 / SD-10 (range 100km), AIM-120 AMRAAM (range 45 to 130, depends on version).

BVR capability comes up with radar and avionics.
Radar tracks and locks the target beyond vision range.

Yes, JF-17 have BVR capabilities.
JF-17 using KLJ-7 Chinees build radar.
The radar can manage up to 40 targets, monitor up to 10 of them in track-while-scan (TWS) mode and simultaneously fire on two BVR targets. The detection range for targets with a radar is stated to be ≥105 km and ≥85 km in look-down mode. Surface sea targets can be detected at up to 135 km.

BVR missels used in JF-17 are PL-12 / SD-10 (range 100km), AIM-120 AMRAAM (range 45 to 130, depends on version).

we just need a good radar for our jf-17 thudners blockI which we are having in our coming block50/52​

JF-17 currently has a BVR capabilty that can support Chinese SD-10s but once we get the AMRAAMs i am sure our engineers will make sure we can integrate the AMRAAMs on the JF-17s and keeping this in mind i guess we placed the biggest order in history of AMRAAMs with an order of 500 AMRAAMs i doubt we will purchase 500 to be used exclusively on the F-16 platform!

correct me if i am wrong...

If we can modify the harpoor I think we can fix anything and make it better, I am not blowing up my own horn but according to US medias we can do some wicked modifications to our missiles :azn: and its quite a compliment for our scientist

JF-17 currently has a BVR capabilty that can support Chinese SD-10s but once we get the AMRAAMs i am sure our engineers will make sure we can integrate the AMRAAMs on the JF-17s and keeping this in mind i guess we placed the biggest order in history of AMRAAMs with an order of 500 AMRAAMs i doubt we will purchase 500 to be used exclusively on the F-16 platform!

correct me if i am wrong...

100 Km range radar doesn't suit any longer for any modern dogfighter i think we should atleast a radar of between 150-200KM of range

100 Km range radar doesn't suit any longer for any modern dogfighter i think we should atleast a radar of between 150-200KM of range

sorry to jump in but you are really good at contradicting yourself :-) ... check out he bold words

GUYS PLEASE READ THIS

1 jf-17 is NOT an air DOMINANCE fighter .---- in simple words it means ,,,it will never ever go on offensive missions into enemy territory...that job is left to the f-16 and j-10... so its PRIMARY ROLE is to defend its own airspace and for that task it is perfect...you cant turn jf into an air dominance or air superiority aircraft ... it is not designed for that ...its present detection range is more that enough for its role ..please understand this .... it is a good dogfighter too ...do it has everything it needs to defend its airspace :-)

Last edited:
Thunder is not point defense fighter either, It is designed as Light weight multirole fighter. Function like F-16 and J-10 but on smaller scale.

Thunder is not point defense fighter either, It is designed as Light weight multirole fighter. Function like F-16 and J-10 but on smaller scale.

yeah surely with the present radar KLJ-7 radar on thunders i think the
above indian guy is totally correct that thunders are absolutely not suited for deep penetration into indian territory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom