What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a pretty old version of the J8. The newer one has a pointed nose and side intakes.

Also has pretty good American avionics now.

@ wildpeace: Yes, but we get distracted easily. :D

well it is quite common, :sick:
and perhaps it can be neglected sometimes looking at the number of useful post,,:agree:
i mean we are well into third thread to discuss to JF17,
however let us try to stay focused,, :)
have you anything to share wildpeace!!

regards!

Just to remind to guys from where this all confusion started: SD-10 and SD-10A :) Just to tell if anybody wondering how we ended up on J-8 in JF-17 threat :agree:

well i guess it will once again derail the thread,,:lol: :lol:
let us stay focused!!!

i guess wildpeace have something to tell us,,

regards!

well i guess it will once again derail the thread,,:lol: :lol:
let us stay focused!!!

i guess wildpeace have something to tell us,,

regards!

Lol... he was asking something and that thing is again this derailment of threat.:lol::lol:

guys does our Jf-17 Block 1 has HMD? if so then can someone come up with some pics? if not then is there a possibility that we'll get it it on the later blocks..?
and one more thing i heard some while ago that once the french MICA deal finalises, then Jf-17 may become a single engine mini rafael. apart from its hard points and engine, does it sound realistic in the technical aspect?

Last edited:
guys does our Jf-17 Block 1 has HMD? if so then can someone come up with some pics? if not then is there a possibility that we'll get it it on the later blocks..?
and one more thing i heard some while ago that once the french MICA deal finalises, then Jf-17 may become a single engine mini rafael. apart from its hard points and engine, does it sound realistic in the technical aspect?

i am not sure about blockI but our blockII are surely gonna be upgraded with european avionics including missiles,bombs,radars,engines etc.etc.

I need to find more infor on this particular question though. I believe we we spend time going through the videos that are available, we will find the helmet.

Here is the Sicong Group HMDS for the F-7s.
http://img134.imageshack.us/i/screenhunter01sep151542.jpg/

Last edited:

From the documentary....

At 10:47...they showed this while mentioning JF-17's HMD system.
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/bilalhk/JF-17HMD.jpg

Last edited:
The avionics suite will make the JF-17 as an effective weapon platform. The glass cockpit and hands on throttle and stick (HOTAS) controls will reduce pilot workload. Accurate navigation and weapon aiming information on the head up display will help the pilot achieve his mission effectively. The multifunction displays will provide information on engine, fuel, hydraulics, electrical, flight control and environmental control system on a need-to-know basis along with basic flight and tactical information. The capability would be built around highly modern state-of-the-art avionics equipment, which is as follows:

* Dual redundant two mission computers
* Dual redundant 1553 Mux bus architecture
* Multimode Pulse Doppler Radar with high power air-cooled transmitter and capable of tracking multiple targets with prioritized firing
* Ring laser gyro inertial navigation system tied with GPS
* Smart head up display with up front control panel. HUD minimum total Field of View is 25 degrees
* Color video recording camera and video recorder (for SMFCDs)
* Data Transfer Unit with digital map function
* HOTAS
* Three smart multi function color displays
* Air Data Computer
* R/Altimeter
* IFF Interrogator/Transponder
* ACMI
* Standard Armament Interface Unit
* Remote Interface Box
* BVR Datalink
* V / UHF Communication System (Qty 02)
* Comm Datalink