What's new

JF-17 French Avionics Deal On Hold/Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question (may be slightly off topic but important). We have not heard any thing about the delivery of J-10 to PAF for a good few months now. All seems to have gone very quiet. Anyone got any latest update ??

Can we approach USA for APG-70 radars, F100 engines and other gadgets for our JF-17.

Can we approach USA for APG-70 radars, F100 engines and other gadgets for our JF-17.

only if we are living in fool's paradise :taz:

I have a question (may be slightly off topic but important). We have not heard any thing about the delivery of J-10 to PAF for a good few months now. All seems to have gone very quiet. Anyone got any latest update ??

around 2013, we will be getting FC20(J10B) which is still under development.

We will get them around 2014-2015 , 36 new babies , and could go up to 150 if Paksitan chooses , that shoudl be good purchase on option

link: India inks Mirage deal, France says no to Pak

India last week finalised a $2.2 billion deal with France to upgrade its fleet of Mirage 2000 fighters, even as reports from Paris say the country has suspended the sale of electronics and missiles for Pakistan’s JF 17 fighters, supposedly under “Indian pressure”.

While the IAF deal for upgradation of 51 fighters had been hanging fire for the past two years, sources said the Price Negotiation Committee last week finalised the cost. The deal is likely to be signed shortly.

At $2.2 billion, the cost of the upgrade is considered to be on the higher side, given that several countries are offering new fighters for that price. However, the French argue that the upgrade, which will give the aircraft new radar systems, a new weapon suite, missiles, electronic warfare system and modern electronic warfare, will convert the combat-proven aircraft into next-generation fighters.

The final price negotiations were held even as reports from Paris, carried by French newspapers and agencies, said that its plans to sell $1.6 billion worth of military equipment for Pakistan’s JF 17 fighters had been put on hold.

The reports said that the contract was suspended under Indian pressure and doubts over Pakistan’s ability to pay for the systems.

Seems to me that the decision was simple enough!

If French weapon supply was not cancelled /delayed ,it would take at least three to four years for JF17 to come up with french equipment round about 2013 to 2014 but now it would more late ,may be we have to wait untill 2016 to 2017.

Against this deal, does we have or we know some thing better then this French Avionics ?

Troll alert: As far as involvement of India is concerned i am happy to see this time no one is abusing(conspiracy theorist) india from Pakistani side cause Indians are them self not ruling out the possibility :lol:.

I agree with u.. This is really amazing and good that no Indian or Pakistan is abusing and whole debate is very civilised..:what:

I am sick of seeing indian-pakistan war of words on youtube comments area.

JF-17_13.jpg

can you please justify if the weapons in the pic are real ?
dont get me wrong members with aviation knowledge will understand all platforms use dummy weapons when firing and initial incorporation purposes
these dummy weapons look very similar and can be fired too i recall having seen the picture of jf-17 will dummy and this looks very similar

dont get me wrong but its for all airforces its same

its JF-17 PT-4 and weapons r real.
this PT specially used to configure Air to ground mode.more likely to say,used for air to ground weapon testing.:agree:

France suspends tech sale to Pak, Indian Mirage upgrade deal likely

France has suspended a Euro 6 to Euro 8 billion sale of high tech equipment to Pakistan. While most reports (Read Reuters) attribute this to Pakistan's inability to pay and pressure from India, StrategyPage provides another angle. They report that the U.S. has convinced France that any technology they will supply to Pakistan's JF-17's will end up in the hands of the Chinese and hence will be pirated across Chinese platforms. Corruption in Pakistan will ensure that no assurance they give the French will be worth the paper it is written on.

Strange, considering U.S. is giving Pakistan all its technology including the latest drones and F-16s. Also there is bad blood and unresolved issues between France and Pakistan... According to France24, in Feb 2010 a French judge ordered a detailed probe in to allegations that a 2002 attack on a bus with 11 DCNS engineers was not linked to Islamic terrorists as first claimed. They suspect that the blasts were meticulously planned by Pakistani Army/ISI/Politicians because France had cancelled a promised $33 million kickback on a 1990's DCNS (then know as DCN) Agosta submarine deal. See the coverage in Rediff and Wall Street Journal. This is one of the highest profile cases of defence corruption in the world because it involves, if not serving French President Sarkozy himself at least his aide and former PM Edouard Balladur and the current serving President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari, popularly known as Mr 10%.

Back to the current deal, according to StrategyPage it was U.S. pressure that led to France suspending the deal for supplying key components for the Chinese JF-17 combat aircraft being used by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). While the exact contours of the upgrade package was not known, it was thought to include Thales RC400 fire-control radar and the MBDA Mica medium-range family of air-to-air missiles, as well as air-to-surface weaponry.

There is no doubt that France values its increasing relations with India. The French Ambassador had made it clear to a meeting of French companies during a dinner at Defexpo 2010 that France faces tough competition in India and they need to work hard and stick together to win it big in India. And it is working. India’s price negotiation committee has reportedly given the go-ahead to sign the US$2.2 billion deal with France for the upgrade of 52 Mirage-2000 aircraft. The formal signature on the deal is expected to be during the visit of French President Sarkozy to New Delhi this year.

An IAF official told 8ak that as part of the deal, first five to six aircraft will be upgraded in France and the rest would be done in India by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) under Transfer of Technology (ToT). The deal for the aircraft upgrade, which the IAF has been operating since the 1980s, was stuck for over two years primarily due to the difference in opinion on the price quoted by the French manufacturers Dassault Aviation, Thales and MBDA (consortium). It is believed that the original price quoted by the companies for the upgrade was US$58 million per aircraft but after tough negotiations the price has been reduced to US$43 million a unit. Sources say that the Israelis were very keen to do the upgrades at a lower cost but obviously this would not go down well with either the original equipment manufacturer, Dassault Aviation, or the French government.

The upgrade will include new avionics including an advanced navigation system, new mission computers with increased capacity and processing speed, helmet-mounted displays, glass cockpits, internal electronic warfare suites and, better armaments & weapon systems making the aircraft battle-worthy for another 15 years.

Earlier, 8ak had reported that the French President Sarkozy had personally thrown his weight behind the deal and sent French defence minister Hervé Morin to New Delhi in December 2009 to push the deal, before his Indian visit. Defence Ministry sources say that the deal is important from strategic and diplomatic point of view as well. After the cancellation of the A330 mid-air-refueller deal and the US$1 billion deal for purchase of 197 helicopters from Eurocopter, the European partner countries including France were unhappy with the decision making process.

I think Pakistan can use this money to buy the Mirage2000 from UAE now. That wont be a bad deal. they have 100 M2000.

Desiman, can you state your source?

I think Pakistan can use this money to buy the Mirage2000 from UAE now. That wont be a bad deal. they have 100 M2000.

And then again French will come into the scene from whom we will have to buy spares and upgrade packages.

Why not we invest this money with the Chinese and even Italians to come up with much more better avionics and other stuff.

Tell me one thng when PAF already have f-16's that are equivalent to mirage2k's and jf-17 which are almost on power with mirage2k thn y to go for another platform which will only increase the cost of maintainance

Reactions: aks
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom