What's new

JF-17/FC-1 Thunder Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
So by the looks of the report the first 8 will be used as test beds for various radar systems before the main production run.

According to Pshamim on Defence talk They are looking at the RBE2 radar (PESA upgradable to AESA) on the JF-17....Also they seem to be working on reducing its RCS as well. I don't believe that gentleman is given to flights of fancy so it is a interesting development..............:tup:

RBE2 radar

RBE2 is the first multi-function electronic scan radar in production for a combat aircraft. Using this technique, the RBE2 radar offers unique capabilities, unattainable by existing radars in air-to-air and air-to-surface functions. Especially in interception and combat, the two axes electronic scanning permits simultaneous designation of multiple targets to different air-to-air missiles, while the radar continues the search in directions totally independent of the tracked targets. At very low altitude, the RBE2 radar computes a wide area 3D map in order to combine simultaneously automatic terrain following with terrain avoidance. The RBE2 radar also uses high resolution air-to-ground mapping.

The architecture of RBE2 is fully adapted to integrate the active antenna AESA, which is now in development, in order to provide new capabilities and increase its performance, while reducing the maintenance cost by increasing its reliability. The RBE2 thus demonstrates a unique capitalisation on previous functional developments.The RBE2 radar, when compared to the previous generations of radars, is a real breakthrough, and is well ahead of its competitors which continue to use mechanical scanning antennas.

RBE2 is already fully operational onboard the French Navy Rafale

Pshamim knows more than any one of us , do you all know who this person is , he is a Ex- Fighter pilot of PAF and he is the one who by all his efforts got Pakistan F-16s because of his contacts in Lockheed Martin. Today Pakistan has F-16s because of Pshamim.

Keys,

All are unsubtaniated internet speculations,Its about one guy told this and that, One blog wrote this and that. There are no solid evidence till then i will take the side of the most avaition people acig.org, airlinersnet, BR etc;
JF-17 is still in its infancy, Rest is like you wanting to put a turbo-charger in your old jalopy

Dont want to derail the topic here. i ask for the apologies of my bretheren here but Adux what is a JALOPY

According to Pshamim on Defence talk They are looking at the RBE2 radar (PESA upgradable to AESA) on the JF-17....Also they seem to be working on reducing its RCS as well. I don't believe that gentleman is given to flights of fancy so it is a interesting development..............:tup:

RBE2 radar

RBE2 is the first multi-function electronic scan radar in production for a combat aircraft. Using this technique, the RBE2 radar offers unique capabilities, unattainable by existing radars in air-to-air and air-to-surface functions. Especially in interception and combat, the two axes electronic scanning permits simultaneous designation of multiple targets to different air-to-air missiles, while the radar continues the search in directions totally independent of the tracked targets. At very low altitude, the RBE2 radar computes a wide area 3D map in order to combine simultaneously automatic terrain following with terrain avoidance. The RBE2 radar also uses high resolution air-to-ground mapping.

The architecture of RBE2 is fully adapted to integrate the active antenna AESA, which is now in development, in order to provide new capabilities and increase its performance, while reducing the maintenance cost by increasing its reliability. The RBE2 thus demonstrates a unique capitalisation on previous functional developments.The RBE2 radar, when compared to the previous generations of radars, is a real breakthrough, and is well ahead of its competitors which continue to use mechanical scanning antennas.

RBE2 is already fully operational onboard the French Navy Rafale

how that radar can be fitted on JF-17's nose? also, french technology is too costly it doesn't seems sensible to integrate such costly radar on that cheap, light weight fighter.

Pshamim knows more than any one of us , do you all know who this person is , he is a Ex- Fighter pilot of PAF and he is the one who by all his efforts got Pakistan F-16s because of his contacts in Lockheed Martin. Today Pakistan has F-16s because of Pshamim.

You mean Pashmim from Pakddef.info? that Pshamim?!

Keys,

All are unsubtaniated internet speculations,Its about one guy told this and that, One blog wrote this and that. There are no solid evidence till then i will take the side of the most avaition people acig.org, airlinersnet, BR etc;
JF-17 is still in its infancy, Rest is like you wanting to put a turbo-charger in your old jalopy

Funny how you take the word of other websites that agree with your opinion rather than a insider who has pedigree....:lol:
I refer you to Mr MuradK's post. He knows and has faith in the abilities of the source so that is pretty much internet gold.

A jalopy is a term for a old car....... But this jalopy seems to be running quite well......to use another quote from Pshamim "Pakistan doesn't promise what it can't deliver..." something a few other countries should learn...:lol:

Funny how you take the word of other websites that agree with your opinion rather than a insider who has pedigree....:lol:
I refer you to Mr MuradK's post. He knows and has faith in the abilities of the source so that is pretty much internet gold.

A jalopy is a term for a old car....... But this jalopy seems to be running quite well......to use another quote from Pshamim "Pakistan doesn't promise what it can't deliver..." something a few other countries should learn...:lol:

Keys,

I am sorry I dont take that way, If that was the case I would have already told Akula 2 are in India. I will take HRW report, while I am sorry i cant take hmsfreekash100.blogspot.com

Since you talked about the history development of the Miltary equipments in India, i guess then the same applies to Pakistan.Pakistan doesnt need to promise anything since Nodong nor is the M-11, manufactured by them. Thats why whatever they do is always perfect, no testing required direct induction. Countries including Iran, North Korea, India , Russia, China, Britian, US etc takes years and years in testing a platform, Over here it is Single test, success and straight away induction. Hell there was a F-22 crash, Minuteman failure, Topol Failure, Agni Failure etc. I am still to see babur missile regiment, as claimed by some members over here

I have a lot of respect for a person like you who has served, but dont stuff unsubatanited internet wetdream into my throat, that includes wetdreams about India,US or Timbkatu

F-16's main opponent in sales is not JF-17, but J-10.

Does that mean JF-17 and blk 52 are not in the same class while a J-10 and blk 52 are?

* by end of 2007, PAF will have 8 JF-17s, weaponary is still in talks, this is according to the signed agreement.

Weaponary is still intalks, after the talks are over and weaponary decided on you ahve to integrate it . So all these will happen in another 9 months??? So it basically means PAC will have a test bed and thats it. No induction.

* First couple to be equipped with Wuxi radar, the testing has already started, so far, the testing of performance has achieved extremely results

So does that mean that the testing for the other radar hasnt started? :rolleyes:

Well if some one does'nt take his words, i dont care, but i would sincerely and respectully take ad believe his every single word and sayings.

Adu,
they way ur going, u should'nt be believing in anything including india's possible induction of latest fighter jets. You, should consider this a speculation as well. Dont mind, but i am seeing u alot different in last couple of days.:rolleyes:

Well if some one does'nt take his words, i dont care, but i would sincerely and respectully take his every single word and sayings.

Adu,
they way ur going, u should'nt be believing in anything including india's possible induction of latest fighter jets. You, should consider this a speculation as well. Dont mind, but i am seeing u alot different in last couple of days.:rolleyes:

I dont believe anything in rumour columns in India too, What we know for sure is from the manufacturer's themselves not any third source is that the one who is giving out the players in MMRCA. There are so many other great rumour stuff in India, let me list it out for you AKULA 2, TU-22M3, PAD, KALI-Electromagentic Pulse Gun, LCH, MCA. Do you see me gutting out anythin about them over here. Most Parts of LCA are already decided, Kaveri engine is flop, GE-404 is already procured, the first 20 is equipped with it. Radar is from LRDE, I dont know the specs for it, I aint commenting or wet dreaming there.
It is no fun without wet dreaming, But i live in the real world

I have a lot of respect for a person like you who has served, but dont stuff unsubatanited internet wetdream into my throat, that includes wetdreams about India,US or Timbkatu

Explain this into more details.

Which wetdreams are you reffering to?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom