What's new

JF-17 Completes 10,000 Sorties

I was looking at that but was going to hold back on gthe discussion until we get more info ... ... and also a single event is not very reliable to form a statistic.

The info online says the Gripen had done 150,000 hours in March 2011 with 6 airframes lost. That is 25,000 hours per crash.

The 10,000 hours given for the Thunder are for the inservice fleet. I.e. just the 38 or 40 planes in the PAF. That excludes the development hours in China. I would like an estimate of that. Even if we say 2,500 (I don't have a clue), they we have 12,500 hours per crash.

How does that compare with other planes? I need to find out.

Gripen had an early loss at Paris Airshow. How manys hours had it flown by then?

Thanks.
'10,000 sorties', but how many actual flight hours?

And like you said, what about flight hours during testing, development, the current new weapons integration etc.?

PAKISTAN AIR FORCE'S JF-17 THUNDER COMPLETES 10,000 SORTIES

Pakistan Air Force's Air Commodore Khalid Mahmood has said that airforces around the world are looking to replace their ancient Russian MiG-21s, MiG-23s, American Northrop F-5s and French Mirage-III/V wit forth generation fighter jets and total market is for over 4000 aircraft.

Air Commodore who is the deputy chief project director of the JF-17 Thunder fighter jet programme has said, "There is no plane that gives this much capability at this cost."

Air Commodore Khalid Mahmood informed the media that JF-17 Thunder as already completed 10,000 sorties in Pakistani service. He added that two squadrons of JF-17 are fully active with the air force and third is in process of being equipped with the thunder and it will be activated in the coming months.

According to the India Aeronautical Development Agency, Indian Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas has completed 1718 test flights by 28th October 2011.

Read more: Pakistan Air Force's JF-17 Thunder Completes 10,000 Sorties ~ Pakistan Military Review

One crash after 10,000 sorties and that too due to a bird strike speaks volumes for Thunder's reliability. :pakistan:

my stupid question is how many plane comes in each squadrons is it 32 or 36? can someone please let me know.
thanks

Thats cool.How many JF-17 are operational presently??

few months ago it was told that 26 thunders have been completed ..8 were Chinese built so it gives a total of 34.
however their were two sqs each of 14 approx that were made operational officially

P.S
i am junior member so expect errors

I was looking at that but was going to hold back on gthe discussion until we get more info ... ... and also a single event is not very reliable to form a statistic.

The info online says the Gripen had done 150,000 hours in March 2011 with 6 airframes lost. That is 25,000 hours per crash.

The 10,000 hours given for the Thunder are for the inservice fleet. I.e. just the 38 or 40 planes in the PAF. That excludes the development hours in China. I would like an estimate of that. Even if we say 2,500 (I don't have a clue), they we have 12,500 hours per crash.

How does that compare with other planes? I need to find out.

Gripen had an early loss at Paris Airshow. How manys hours had it flown by then?

Thanks.

10,000 sorties doesn't means 10,000 hours... JFT have travelled across two continents as well in that time... so hours would be quite higher than 10,000. furthermore if the reason of crash is accident ... such as aerial accident or bird hit.... then it doesn't get counted in (total flight hours)/ airframe lost.... so as in JFT case... the crash on 14th Nov doesn't count... bkz it wasn't bkz of engine malfunction it was a bird strike.

It seems that the JF-17 has already mixed it with some of the top notch fighter aircraft, having DACT with F-16s is no surprise but most remarkably, the Thunder has been involved in mock combat with the likes of EF Typhoon, this info disclosed by none other than Alan Warnes. !!
@warnesyworld
Alan Warnes
@Trekker56 More interesting is the JF-17 versus Eurofighter fight...
9 Nov via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Courtsey: Qasibir

JF-17 Block 2 will be a real game changer in the area

JF-17 Block 2 will be a real game changer in the area

how so ?? No disrespect to the plane, but will appreciate some more thoughts other than jingoistic one liners which dont have any substance?

blk 2 will be more like putting the terms back in balance because when inducted by next year, technically it will be the most advanced PAF fighter till FC-20 comes in.

how so ?? No disrespect to the plane, but will appreciate some more thoughts other than jingoistic one liners which dont have any substance?

To give you a rough idea, one just needs to see how for example the F-16 from the original concept of a lightweight fighter has evolved into a very successful multi role platform. The experience gained and lessons learnt will obviously be drafted into the Block-2 JF-17s, not to mention the installation and integration of newer systems and technologies.

'10,000 sorties', but how many actual flight hours?

And like you said, what about flight hours during testing, development, the current new weapons integration etc.?

10,000 sorties doesn't means 10,000 hours... .

My bad, i got the two mixed up. I meant to discuss hour but was sneaking onto the forum from work, especially with Dubai 2011 bring out so much info - so was in a hurry.

thanks for the correction.

To give you a rough idea, one just needs to see how for example the F-16 from the original concept of a lightweight fighter has evolved into a very successful multi role platform. The experience gained and lessons learnt will obviously be drafted into the Block-2 JF-17s, not to mention the installation and integration of newer systems and technologies.

i agree with u but thunder differs from the falcon beacause F-16 was one of the best air crafts in the world right from the very beginning.it had some new systems like complete FBW flight controls ,unstable design,high thrust to wt ratio,extreme agility etc.thunder on the other hand cant compete with falcon in this aspect.block 2 will be a gud air craft but how it will be compared to latest stealth fighters like raptor,F-35,J-20 n pak fa.

Back
Top Bottom