What's new

JF-17 at Zuhai Air Show 2010

help me to understand
how can you look thrust to weight ratio is that what you meant by TWR
? What do you mean by “TWR looks ok?”

are you pointing out about its manoeuvres that seem to be restricted? (i.e plane able to do more but pilot chooses not to?)
to me it looks like that the plane can pull off a lot more steep angle manoeuvres but maybe the planned display was decided to be kept well under its max performance. Playing it safe and not showing everything it can do.

since it is always presented as a close match to F-16, I was really looking forward to one of the F-16s signature take offs.
the ones we are used to see in our PAF tribute songs where the pilot pulls the stick back making the F-16 take a vertical lift off from the runway the moment its tyres leave the tarmac.

I must say that the steep left turn it took immediately after the take off was also very good but that was about it.

There were some vertical climbs but they were short and ended in a loop without straining the aircraft. All in all the flight was very controlled and the pilot seemed to be more capable than what he actually did with the plane.

I would really love to see what our pilot members have to say about my observations and maybe correct me or explain a bit.

Irfan Sahib, you have hit the nail right on the head :). Pilot is playing safe as its the first flight infront of the world. It is better to play safe than to do something drastic in the rush of blood like we have seen in so many airshows over the years. It dost give us a glimpse of what it is able to do and leave a thirst for more :)

1289624301_3.jpg
1289624301_5.jpg
1289624301_4.jpg
1289624301_8.jpg
1289624301_9.jpg
a8ea62bf79.jpg

Irfan Sahib, you have hit the nail right on the head :). Pilot is playing safe as its the first flight infront of the world. It is better to play safe than to do something drastic in the rush of blood like we have seen in so many airshows over the years. It dost give us a glimpse of what it is able to do and leave a thirst for more :)

There is also the fact that this show is being performed by an operational sq..
The similarity to this show..and the one I posted of the hornet..should put away all doubts..
The boeing,Lockmart.. BAe shows are done by very very experienced test pilots who work exclusively with the program..they know that jet inside out.. and know where the limits are and how to touch them...
Unlike other forces.. there has never been a dedicated demo team for the JF-17 in our airforce..
and this is the first show..
By contrast.. the pilots flying this jet now probably had a year or so on it after being posted here..
Had.. wg cmdr Ahsan Rafiq.. of the original T&E group stayed all throughout the years.. and given this demo.. it might be a lot more exciting that what you saw here.

27_66_1eb7146ca5a2f3f.jpg

27_66_ed8a57ebad98d79.jpg

PAF Say goodbye to Zhuhai Airshow 2010

new jf17 videos ;PAF jf17 in zhuhai airshow 2010

JF-17 Pakistan Air Force Air Show china 2010 (PAF JF-17 best videos in zhuhai airshow +PAF music)
.:cheers::pakistan::china:

4d4808bd78d45735824feb29c2c2dcf4.jpg

a48f1adff6b5e981eadf0091ea3a4c17.jpg

51288cc368caccdbc3daff84515e40a8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, the pictures and videos are very nice, thanks for posting them. I had a comment though. The engine seems a little small for the body of the JF-17. The F-16 and J-10 have engines that take up more of the fueselage. The JF-17's engine seems small and underpowering. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom