What's new

Japan’s national-security strategy : Island defence

Ture, it's the past. But there's something called 命运 / Destiny.
Do u believe Japan + Korea + China can make PEACE in the future like Europe Britain + France + Germany did after WWII ? :pop:
+ Indonesia. I am all for that, a peaceful and prosperous Asia.

Do u believe Japan + Korea + China can make PEACE in the future like Europe Britain + France + Germany did after WWII ? :pop:

We are, genetically and culturally speaking, brothers. Japanese people are more closely similar to Koreans and Han Chinese than any other ethnic group. If we were to also discuss anthropology, then one could take the position that Japanese language is also similar to Korean language.

Personally, right now, as it stands, there are political and some emotional roadblocks between our two countries. In distant future? Yes. I am optimistic that in the future, there is no reason why China, a reunified Korea and Japan cannot cooperate in strategic defense.

If we were to get out of our 'established boxes', one can even argue that a Japanese - Chinese - Korean alliance would be a Force to be Reckoned with. Russia and US would fear this union, in my honest opinion. It would be too great for them to contain.

As 3 modernest East Asia countries, China, Japan and S Korea should learn EU's mode, cooperation and developing together. That is the future.

Yes, i agree. One thing that has to be overcome is the issue of national psyche, the psychology of China, Korea and Japan is unique to western powers. We are a very sentimental, emotional people. And place importance on self reflection. Sometimes to the extent where it blinds foreign policy. When this is overcome, collectively, well, the opportunities are limitless.

If Japan does not repeat the mistakes of what it has been doing in recent years which is antagonizing China and both Koreas with the shrine visits and denial of the truth regarding WW2 events, solved our island disputes then a defense pact between China, united Korea and Japan could become very powerful in the Asian region. The US would also have to go and stop meddling with Korea/Japan's affairs. I don't see this is gonna happen in the future. Even a united Korea is something questionable.

Back
Top Bottom