What's new

Japanese impression of China hits new record low. 84% of Japanese dislike C

Because China and Japan raped Korea in turn in history
China did not.

The last time Han Chinese occupied a part of Korea(Pyongyang) was 300 AD, when Koreans overran Lelang and those Chinese colonists became Korean subjects. And that was that.

Better to be feared then to be loved.:coffee:
"Being hated by others" mean China loses soft power that it craves so much and is investing billions a year to attain but is failing.

A well-liked and smooth-talking guy can convince others to their bidding, but a hated guy is universally ignored and others work against the hated guy.

"Being hated by others" mean China loses soft power that it craves so much and is investing billions a year to attain but is failing.

A well-liked and smooth-talking guy can convince others to their bidding, but a hated guy is universally ignored and others work against the hated guy.

Depands on hated by who Japan is puppet of the USA(no offence any japanese members) weather the japanese like China or hate it in the end they don't have any say in the matter only their masters do :usflag:.:coffee:

China did not.

The last time Han Chinese occupied a part of Korea(Pyongyang) was 300 AD, when Koreans overran Lelang and those Chinese colonists became Korean subjects. And that was that.

Hehe, Korea was a vassal country of Ming, Qing Tang Song, every chinese dynasty was your master

from this guy Korean's response, they feel so great being raped by Japan, what a despicable nation.

inferior really they are.
There is actually a great debate about what went wrong in the 19th century(Recall that Tokugawa Japan was weak enough to surrender to the US navy unconditionally in 1853, while Korea battled and repelled the US Marines invasion in 1871) in Korea, a self-reflection and learning from the past mistake in order not to repeat it.

Fast forward to 2012, Korea is the only country to have signed FTAs with both EU and the US. Why Korea did this, they did it in order not to repeat the mistakes of 19th century.(Be the first one to open up and become globalized). And Japanese industry executives are dismayed that there is no hope of an FTA with the US and EU for them due to agricultural politics. While Japanese industries are dying and are relocating overseas, Korean industries are booming. While Hyundai is expanding its full luxury lineup in the US, Honda just announced the discontinuation of Legend(Acura RL) and Inspire(Luxury-trim US Accord) and is pulling out of luxury car business to focus on low-cost cars. Japan's trade deficit is getting bigger, Korea's trade surplus is getting bigger.

This happened because Koreans remembered the past and vowed to not repeat, while Japan forgot what made them great and is withering.

Hehe, Korea was a vassal country of Ming
And there were no Chinese living in Korea.

Qing wasn't a Chinese dynasty. Likewise, no Manchus and certainly no Chinese in Korea during Qing era.

Tang wasn't a Chinese dynasty. Beside, Tang actually lost more territories after the series of war, as the Korean Kingdom of Balhae pushed its border to just north of Beijing.

Song was an equal ally of Korea, where Song's diplomatic letters addressed Korean king as "fellow emperor". Not only that, Song and Koryo were separated by Khitans and later Jurchens. Song dynasty was the weakest of China's unified dynasties and were in no position to play imperialists.

you really have a special view of point, can skip who's raper to Korea to a fairly high angle, I have to say.

tokugawa Japan was not weak actually if you compare business and tech environmental at large in that jidai, to those of rather primitive Korea and even China. So the surrender is a convenient in political arena ahead of Meiji.

I don't say there's any similarity of that scenario in today's FTA agreement.

tokugawa Japan was not weak
Maybe you didn't watch the NHK series Ryoma-Den, which does an excellent job describing Japan's panic in 1853. It was Japanese realization of their own weakness that triggered Japan to abandon the old ways and embrace the western civilization. Japan lost the battle, but won the war.

The Korean victories against the French and the US troops in 1863~1871 only led the Korean leaders to believe that the western power was of no threat to them and they needed not embrace it. Korea won the battle, but lost the war.

to those of rather primitive Korea and even China.
And "primitive" Koreans repelled the US troops while even more primitive Japanese surrendered without firing a single shot.

I don't say there's any similarity of that scenario in today's FTA agreement.
I have seen enough complaints from Japan's business leaders how this lack of reforms and FTAs were choking Japan's manufacturers to death.

There is actually a great debate about what went wrong in the 19th century(Recall that Tokugawa Japan was weak enough to surrender to the US navy unconditionally in 1853, while Korea battled and repelled the US Marines invasion in 1871) in Korea, a self-reflection and learning from the past mistake in order not to repeat it.

Fast forward to 2012, Korea is the only country to have signed FTAs with both EU and the US. Why Korea did this, they did it in order not to repeat the mistakes of 19th century.(Be the first one to open up and become globalized). And Japanese industry executives are dismayed that there is no hope of an FTA with the US and EU for them due to agricultural politics. While Japanese industries are dying and are relocating overseas, Korean industries are booming. While Hyundai is expanding its full luxury lineup in the US, Honda just announced the discontinuation of Legend(Acura RL) and Inspire(Luxury-trim US Accord) and is pulling out of luxury car business to focus on low-cost cars. Japan's trade deficit is getting bigger, Korea's trade surplus is getting bigger.

This happened because Koreans remembered the past and vowed to not repeat, while Japan forgot what made them great and is withering.

And there were no Chinese living in Korea.

Qing wasn't a Chinese dynasty. Likewise, no Manchus and certainly no Chinese in Korea during Qing era.

Tang wasn't a Chinese dynasty. Beside, Tang actually lost more territories after the series of war, as the Korean Kingdom of Balhae pushed its border to just north of Beijing.

Song was an equal ally of Korea, where Song's diplomatic letters addressed Korean king as "fellow emperor". Not only that, Song and Koryo were separated by Khitans and later Jurchens. Song dynasty was the weakest of China's unified dynasties and were in no position to play imperialists.
Lol at the stupid "history" invented by Koreans.:D

sounds you know some Japanese history, but fact is no, you only see some surfice but not the nature of that time.

tokukawa Japan was an example of loose controlled nation, through whom the strength lies in warlords in locals, not the Edo government, and a surrender was a prefix of meiji revolution, a catalyst. warlords was indifferent of a win or loss, or even happy to see an openning to outworld, they know americans better than those in Edo.

it's silly to talk to me about Japanese history, If I am a college students, you could be only a pre-school kids.

I don't know about the war of 1967, Korean war against the US and French? but I'd rather believe it's a war between China and French US, etc in Korean peninsular, as at that time Korean this nation was still in China's hands, until 1890 Korea was handed to Japan by China.

sounds you know some Japanese history, but fact is no, you only see some surfice but not the nature of that time.

tokukawa Japan was an example of loose controlled nation, through whom the strength lies in warlords in locals, not the Edo government, and a surrender was a prefix of meiji revolution, a catalyst. warlords was indifferent of a win or loss, or even happy to see an openning to outworld, they know americans better than those in Edo.

it's silly to talk to me about Japanese history, If I am a college students, you could be only a pre-school kids.

I don't know about the war of 1967, Korean war against the US and French? but I'd rather believe it's a war between China and French US, etc in Korean peninsular, as at that time Korean this nation was still in China's hands, until 1890 Korea was handed to Japan by China.

The Treaty of Shimonoseki states that China acknowledges Korea's independence. Before this treaty, korea was recognized as part of China and Korea has no diplomatic power. their diplomatic affair was handled by China. there were plenty of history documentation to support this. when french, american and german required trade with korea. korea king replied that this should be decided by china- father of korea

Back
Top Bottom