What's new

Japanese Army Chief in India to boost defence ties

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score

In an endeavor to boost defence cooperation between the two nations,General Yoshifumi Hibako, Chief of Staff, Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces, is currently on a four-day visit of India.

India and Japan share a global vision of peace and stability. A road map for developing cooperation in the defence and security was agreed to in the form of joint statement during the then defence minister Pranab Mukherjee's visit to Japan in 2006.

A 'Defence Policy Dialogue' has been established between the two countries and military to military Talks have also been institutionalized. Both the nations are committed to build on their strategic convergences and strengthen defence cooperation in mutually identified fields.

During his four days visit ending on February 16, General Hibako is scheduled to interact with senior officials of Indian armed forces and Ministry of Defence and discuss issues to enhance military cooperation.

This visit will further cement the historic ties between India and Japan, especially the military to military contacts, which are based on mutual trust and understanding.

Its time India sign a defence security agreement with Japan..
Also we should sign military development agreements with Japan...Japan has excellent technical and science base to help indian defence research organisations..other than nuclear research Japan will happily help us in every field...

good news indeed....

Someother Army chief also visited India just some days go...can anyone tell me which nations was that?

Its time India sign a defence security agreement with Japan..
Also we should sign military development agreements with Japan...Japan has excellent technical and science base to help indian defence research organisations..other than nuclear research Japan will happily help us in every field...

After the second world war,Japan's advancement in defense technology halted to an enormous extent,the technological gap between japan and west is wide now,the nation which is known for innovation's have hardly anything to provide us in terms of defense tech better than what we currently get,they themselves depend on the west

After the second world war,Japan's advancement in defense technology halted to an enormous extent,the technological gap between japan and west is wide now,the nation which is known for innovation's have hardly anything to provide us in terms of defense tech better than what we currently get,they themselves depend on the west
dude japaneses has their own aesa on mitsubishi f-2( a larger variant of f-16.)
they are excellent in ic fabrication and microprocessor technology.
they have their own space rockeyts with large cryogenic engines.
they are excellent in material science ,mems technolgies, robotics ,nanotechnologies.
type 10 mbt:devil:

Japan is moving forward. They have done major changes in their defence and foreign policies in recent months which they should have done atleast 10 years ago. India should work for closer military ties with Japan. I think this is just a start. We will have closer ties with in next few years.

Yeah all Asian countries are moving forward and is changing their policies accordingly. India needs to show more hunger in order to secure their permanent seat in the UNSC and getting veto power. Japan on the other hands will need to be more assertive in the way it deals with Russian and Chinese disputes. They really need to excel in its military so they can better defend themselves. :sniper:

dude japaneses has their own aesa on mitsubishi f-2( a larger variant of f-16.)
they are excellent in ic fabrication and microprocessor technology.
they have their own space rockeyts with large cryogenic engines.
they are excellent in material science ,mems technolgies, robotics ,nanotechnologies.
type 10 mbt:devil:

U got me wrong,i did not say Japan do not have technological advancement,I said they r now lagging behind the west,take a look into their self defense forces,a larger number of F-15's and globe master is evident of that.

U got me wrong,i did not say Japan do not have technological advancement,I said they r now lagging behind the west,take a look into their self defense forces,a larger number of F-15's and globe master is evident of that.

Thats only because they don't intent to. But from history we can see what japan can do in terms of technology. I think they are the second country after US to field indigenous AESA on fighter aircraft.

India needs to build strong ties (financial, cultural, military.....) with not only Japan but Vietnam, Taiwan and South Korea as well.

Arigatou Ozaimasu! But I think Japanese have given out their new defence white paper saying that they will start procuring offensive weapon. They can be a great partner in the AMCA programme.

Back
Top Bottom