What's new

Jai Hind to be now official salutation of Indian Army

One Indian on the forum explained to me that it feels like its said with some emotion like (and I say this just to illustrate an example) "Sala, Bharti kahinka", you know with some real prejudice. Hence its a pet peeve of people on this forum alone. Never heard it being a problem ANYWHERE else.

Its also the official word for Indian in the Urdu language, pick up any Urdu dictionary.

You are right.. Its the intent and not the word.. For example the word ******** / Bakistani can be made to sound a lot more derogatory despite it being the official way Pakistan is pronounced in Arabic

Will you allow people to refer to Pakistan and Pakistanis as ******** and Bakistani.. After all there is no P in Arabic and Pakistan becomes ******** there??

First understand the statement,the context properly and come back. If you did not know Ya Ali is a common war cry in Pakistan Army.

Only among the Shias if it is.

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Hitler was a man, Hind is a country. So it may sound like one, but means different.

O bhai jan, i know that.

My point was 'Heil Hitler' was said by the Germans during that era, whenever they concluded a meeting or some formal event took place.

Now your Army will say 'Jai Hind' during official ceremonies and other interactions.

I think this is a good initiative, I do not see anything bad in IA saying Jai Hind in fact didn't Jinnah want India to call itself Hindustan? Heck the Moghul Emperors called themselves Badishah e Hind not Badishah e Bharat.

Jo bacha kucha hai uski baat ho rahi hai, kehlata to Indian sub-continent tha na. :lol:

BTW, does your statement means other nations were created from Hindusthan. :D. That'll give Ticker a shock.
yes they were.

Actually how can bacha-kucha claim the whole name?

:lol: surprised at the intellectual bankruptcy on display in this thread by some Pakistanis.. As if Pakistani army does not say Pakistan Zindabad or Allah u Akbar at the drop of a hat.. :lol:

O bhai jan, i know that.

My point was 'Heil Hitler' was said by the Germans during that era, whenever they concluded a meeting or some formal event took place.

Now your Army will say 'Jai Hind' during official ceremonies and other interactions.
actually you can use "victory to india" as clear translation.

O bhai jan, i know that.

Yaar majaakiya andaaj main bola tha......

I know what you were trying to say. :D

But I don't find it something weird.

:lol: surprised at the intellectual bankruptcy on display in this thread by some Pakistanis.. As if Pakistani army does not say Pakistan Zindabad or Allah u Akbar at the drop of a hat.. :lol:

We don't say Pakistan Zindabad and Allah u Akbar as a salutation. While Jai Hind is used as a salutation by your army. So, no comparison between these two.

A more better comparison would be Pak Army men using Assalam-o-Alaikum when they meet casually as a salutation.

Good initiative though by the IA, nothing wrong with saying praise to your motherland.

Back
Top Bottom