What's new

Jack Jacob: The general who saved India from more war.

How can you praise Indian success when you have over 400 million Indians living below poverty line. Shining India advocate eh?

India's poverty figures are manipulated so is the GDP, any sensible guy would clearly know that no family in India can survive on a $1.25 a day, apart from a few roadside beggars( of whom majority are Muslims) I have yet to come across a labor type person who earns less than Rs.75 a day.

oh oh ....... Religiously inclined Hindu male chauvinism! Did not encounter this form before, unless you belong to that tinge who vote for Jay Lalita because she is fairer than the Dravidian brown tanned black.

Those blacks as you refer to them are some of the smartest and educated people on earth. With more than 50% that's 110 Billion GDP of Pakistan with just 1/4th your population and no natural resources available.

Yes. Just follow it right. ;)

And don't brag about breaking it in letter and spirit and then also try to preach it!

The people blowing up Rumi's followers are not us. ;)

No, certainly not. But you have the singular honour to do it unto your own through exercise of brute power exercised by a few through a democracy soaked in blood.

remind me , why are the invaders glorified instead?

Because one man's invader is other man's conqueror.

I dont get it, Sufi conquered the people of Pakistan and bought them over to Islam, While every one from ghauri to timur is celebrated with vigor.

Just like Ashoka and Chandragupt are celebrated with equal vigor, as if they didn't conquer and they didn't plunder.

No, certainly not. But you have the singular honour to do it unto your own through exercise of brute power exercised by a few through a democracy soaked in blood.

Because one man's invader is other man's conqueror.

The invader and conqueror are the same person, are you referring to the difference between the invader and invaded and the conqueror and the conquered if it so then we are on the same boat we both were conquered and invaded at the same time.

and the conqueror of the same people he invaded?

You talking about Ashoka or Chadragupt or the poor ol' invaders from Steppes of Central Asia?

India's poverty figures are manipulated so is the GDP, any sensible guy would clearly know that no family in India can survive on a $1.25 a day, apart from a few roadside beggars( of whom majority are Muslims) I have yet to come across a labor type person who earns less than Rs.75 a day.

If you haven't seen the poverty that is India, you should improve your name from illusion8 to illusion1000.

Those blacks as you refer to them are some of the smartest and educated people on earth. With more than 50% that's 110 Billion GDP of Pakistan with just 1/4th your population and no natural resources available.

Yes they are. The comment wasn't against their intelligence, it was in reply to male chauvinism given a Hindu religious tinge. This was not in order and in my opinion was racist.

The invader and conqueror are the same person, are you referring to the difference between the invader and invaded and the conqueror and the conquered if it so then we are on the same boat we both were conquered and invaded at the same time.

It was a comment made in context to the question raised.

When it comes to Mehmood Ghaznavi, and other Muslims who attacked so-called your places they were a invaders.

When we talk about Ashoka or Chandragupt, they were not invaders. Yet they also invaded other states and peoples and carved out a big empire.

Therefore, I stated that, one man's invader is another man's conqueror.

Just like Ashoka and Chandragupt are celebrated with equal vigor, as if they didn't conquer and they didn't plunder.

Dear sir,
First thing i want to say is please learn history, Chandragupta or ashoka never pilaged other lands robbing temples and places of worship. Next not a single king in the history of our land has ever committed genocides, something muslim/turkic/mongol invaders were known for.
This is one of campaign tolls of your beloved muhamad bin qasim ;6,000 deaths at Rawar, between 6,000 and 26,000 at Brahmanabad, 4,000 at Iskalandah and 6,000 at Multan; All these were your ancestors. And he is glorified as a hero, funny.

You talking about Ashoka or Chadragupt or the poor ol' invaders from Steppes of Central Asia?

When it comes to Mehmood Ghaznavi, and other Muslims who attacked so-called your places they were an invaders.

When we talk about Ashoka or Chandragupt, they were not invaders. Yet they also invaded other states and peoples and carved out a big empire.

Therefore, I stated that, one man's invader is another man's conqueror.

Of course the Central Asians who converted the religion of people by indulging in fun, all in the name of Islam or am I missing something here? The comparison of trying to carve out a state and raping for the sake of religion or entertainment, however you look at it does seem very logical and righteous and should be revered, right?

Dear sir,
First thing i want to say is please learn history, Chandragupta or ashoka never pilaged other lands robbing temples and places of worship. Next not a single king in the history of our land has ever committed genocides, something muslim/turkic/mongol invaders were known for.
This is one of campaign tolls of your beloved muhamad bin qasim ;6,000 deaths at Rawar, between 6,000 and 26,000 at Brahmanabad, 4,000 at Iskalandah and 6,000 at Multan; All these were your ancestors. And he is glorified as a hero, funny.

That's a funny answer. It is as if Ashoka and Chadragupt practiced 15th century war of manoeuvre; when an adversary would manoeuvre to a critically acquired area, the other side would accept defeat. No blood was shed. Wars were peaceful then, weren't they.

And when Ashoka and Chadragupt invaded other states, they didn't fight and kill and pillage - they just manoeuvred to better operational locations and declared victory. BS.

It is indeed interesting when you say that not a single King in your so-called history has ever committed genocides. Lets talk about Mahabharata. I am posting it in some detail as it is indeed interesting piece of information for us all.

The number killed in the Mahabharata War
April 9, 2009 — Hariprasad

My previous article on the Akshouhini gave rise to some interesting discussions in the comments section. Sri Chiraan rightly pointed out that the actual number of people who participated in the war had to be much more. It was, after all, the “Maha”bharata war!

I recalled reading in the Tatparya Nirnaya that the number 18 Akshouhinis was just the core army. The actual army *had* to be much bigger! So I got down to doing some research on this and yes, the Bhaarata has captured this detail as well. We find details of the actual fatalities (and survivors) in the war in the Stri Parva. The Pandavas, along with Krishna, come to meet Dhritharashtra and Gandhari. At one point, Dhritharashtra asks Yudhishthira if he knows the number of people dead and number of survivors. The numbers that Dharma reveals are

Fatalities : 1 billion, 660 million and 20,000!!!
Survivors : 240,165

Today’s world population is 6 billion, 700 odd million. Even in today’s terms, about 25% of the population got wiped out in the war!

This piece of information is in the Stri Parva (11th Parva) of the Mahabharata. I reproduce below the original shloka(s) and Ganguly’s translation of the same.

dashayutanam ayutam sahasrani cha vimshatihi |
kotyah shashtishcha shat chaiva ye asmin rajamrudhe hataha ||

alakshyaanam tu veeraanam sahasraani chaturdasha |
dasha chaanyani rajendra shataam shashtis cha pancha cha ||

“One billion 660 million and 20,000 men have fallen in this battle. Of the heroes that have escaped, the number is 240,165″

Truly, the war was a Maha Yuddha!

The number killed in the Mahabharata War « Anandatirtha Prathishtana

That's a funny answer. It is as if Ashoka and Chadragupt practiced 15th century war of manoeuvre; when an adversary would manoeuvre to a critically acquired area, the other side would accept defeat. No blood was shed. Wars were peaceful then, weren't they.

And when Ashoka and Chadragupt invaded other states, they didn't fight and kill and pillage - they just manoeuvred to better operational locations and declared victory. BS.

It is indeed interesting when you say that not a single King in your so-called history has ever committed genocides. Lets talk about Mahabharata. I am posting it in some detail as it is indeed interesting piece of information for us all.

Genocide was committed in East Pakistan when your Army went on killing civilians..

My previous article on the Akshouhini gave rise to some interesting discussions in the comments section. Sri Chiraan rightly pointed out that the actual number of people who participated in the war had to be much more. It was, after all, the “Maha”bharata war!

I recalled reading in the Tatparya Nirnaya that the number 18 Akshouhinis was just the core army. The actual army *had* to be much bigger! So I got down to doing some research on this and yes, the Bhaarata has captured this detail as well. We find details of the actual fatalities (and survivors) in the war in the Stri Parva. The Pandavas, along with Krishna, come to meet Dhritharashtra and Gandhari. At one point, Dhritharashtra asks Yudhishthira if he knows the number of people dead and number of survivors. The numbers that Dharma reveals are

Today’s world population is 6 billion, 700 odd million. Even in today’s terms, about 25% of the population got wiped out in the war!

This piece of information is in the Stri Parva (11th Parva) of the Mahabharata. I reproduce below the original shloka(s) and Ganguly’s translation of the same.

“One billion 660 million and 20,000 men have fallen in this battle. Of the heroes that have escaped, the number is 240,165″

Genocide:
noun
[mass noun]

the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular nation or ethnic group:

Is there any mention of any ethnic group being targeted? it was a very big war like a world war not a genocide.. How difficult is it to understand?

Genocide was committed when your army killed civilians in the east Pakistan..

@samantk

Most of the time your posts are very informative, intriguing and revealing and at times one finds it difficult to answer the questions that you raise.

Please have re-think about your above post. I won't make any counter comments :)

do you know what genocide means???

let me give you an example

Akbar the Not so great, Masacared close to 40000 hindu peasants in chittod

Fatahnama-i-Chittor: ..the Omnipotent one who enjoined the task of destroying the wicked infidels (Hindus) on the dutiful mujahids through the blows of their thunder-like scimitars laid down: "Fight them! Allah will chastise them at your hands and He will lay them low and give you victory over them"

Call to the destruction of Hindu temples:

This is of the grace of my Lord that He may try me whether I am grateful or ungrateful — we spend our precious time to the best of our ability in war (ghiza) and Jihad and with the help of Eternal Allah, who is the supporter of our ever-increasing empire, we are busy in subjugating the localities, habitations, forts and towns which are under the possession of the infidels (Hindus), may Allah forsake and annihilate all of them, and thus raising the standard of Islam everywhere and removing the darkness of polytheism and violent sins by the use of sword. We destroy the places of worship of idols in those places and other parts of India

NOT A SINGLE INDIAN KING INDULGED IN GENOCIDE, Indian nobility was known for it's honor and tradition, unlike arab/turkic invader,

for example: Maharaja Prithviraj Chauhan, who defeated Mohammad Ghori in the First Battle of Tarain, Ghori was captured in this battle but his life was spared by Maharaja Prithviraj Chauhan. Hindu kings believed in a certain way of treating your enemy... fight fair was the concept.. where the powerful wins.. genocide, execution style killing of commanders and kings was a new concept introduced by your heroes

do you know what genocide means???

let me give you an example

Akbar the Not so great, Masacared close to 40000 hindu peasants in chittod

Fatahnama-i-Chittor: ..the Omnipotent one who enjoined the task of destroying the wicked infidels (Hindus) on the dutiful mujahids through the blows of their thunder-like scimitars laid down: "Fight them! Allah will chastise them at your hands and He will lay them low and give you victory over them"

Call to the destruction of Hindu temples:

This is of the grace of my Lord that He may try me whether I am grateful or ungrateful — we spend our precious time to the best of our ability in war (ghiza) and Jihad and with the help of Eternal Allah, who is the supporter of our ever-increasing empire, we are busy in subjugating the localities, habitations, forts and towns which are under the possession of the infidels (Hindus), may Allah forsake and annihilate all of them, and thus raising the standard of Islam everywhere and removing the darkness of polytheism and violent sins by the use of sword. We destroy the places of worship of idols in those places and other parts of India

NOT A SINGLE INDIAN KING INDULGED IN GENOCIDE, Indian nobility was known for it's honor and tradition, unlike arab/turkic invader,

for example: Maharaja Prithviraj Chauhan, who defeated Mohammad Ghori in the First Battle of Tarain, Ghori was captured in this battle but his life was spared by Maharaja Prithviraj Chauhan. Hindu kings believed in a certain way of treating your enemy... fight fair was the concept.. where the powerful wins.. genocide, execution style killing of commanders and kings was a new concept introduced by your heroes

Oh cut the c r a p, $hit head.

Do you mean to say that almost two billion people supposedly killed in Mahabharata, which could have eliminated over half of the world's population at that time was pea-shooting.

Pata nahin kahan se aa jate hein ye log.

O akal ke andhay, when wars take place, people get killed and destruction is a by-product of all wars.

You are trying to tell us here that whereas, we are sati savitries, every body else commits genocides.

Take your muck some where else.

@samantk

Most of the time your posts are very informative, intriguing and revealing and at times one finds it difficult to answer the questions that you raise.

Please have re-think about your above post. I won't make any counter comments :)

Thanks, if that was a complement. However, the term you use is incorrect, people got killed I have not denied.

But killing only because they belong to a religion or from an ethnic background is called Genocide which many wars are not... Germany was killing its citizens and it was not called a war but after that what happened was a war.. I cannot be more explicit than this, if you plan to change the meaning of the word, it is up to you, however I will not agree..

Thanks, if that was a complement. However, the term you use is incorrect, people got killed I have not denied.

But killing only because they belong to a religion or from an ethnic background is called Genocide which many wars are not... Germany was killing its citizens and it was not called a war but after that what happened was a war.. I cannot be more explicit than this, if you plan to change the meaning of the word, it is up to you, however I will not agree..

OK. :)

Back
Top Bottom