What's new

J-10B vs F-16C/D

J-10B VS F-16C/D

• F-16 block50/52

Votes: 52 50.5%
  • J-10B

Votes: 51 49.5%

• Total voters
F-16 has 9 hard points and J-10B incorporates 11 or 13 hard points how could be F-16 can cary more load sir S10 can u shed a light on it
It's simple really. J-10 only has total of 4 wing pylons capable of carrying BVR A2A missiles and A2G precision weapons. The two hardpoints is limited in how much weight it can support(i.e PL-8). The other hardpoints on the aircraft body can only fit can only fit pods or 250kg bombs due to space constraints.

So yes, J-10B does have more hardpoints, but not all hardpoints are equal.

J-10B can cary 18000KG load from 4500kg is usfull load while f16's loaded weight is 12000 kg and can cary 4000kg of usefull load and how can u say that 4500 of J10B is less than f-16's 4000kg andcombat radius for F-16 is 550 km and for J10B is 1310km so how f-16 has more range can tell me please Mr S10

J-10B can cary 18000KG load from 4500kg is usfull load while f16's loaded weight is 12000 kg and can cary 4000kg of usefull load and how can u say that 4500 of J10B is less than f-16's 4000kg andcombat radius for F-16 is 550 km and for J10B is 1310km so how f-16 has more range can tell me please Mr S10
J-10B does not have a combat radius of 1310km. The internal fuel capacity does not support it. Any of the information released is not official and are based on mere estimates. For the J-10 to reach that combat radius, it would have to be carrying at least 3 external fuel tanks. Also, F-16's hardpoints are better utilized and J-10 has a greater empty weight than F-16.

It's a good plane, but don't elevate it to god-like level. From what is stated in China, I'd be happy if the plane can achieve 800km radius without payload on internal fuel.

stil it is greater than 550 of f-16 and J-10 can go upto 800KM u said urslef so mean j10 has greater range and also in future for PAF they will be refuled

From the above mention messages the outcome is this that J10B is more usefull and productive for bright future of PAF.

If AESA radar n good counter measure and good missiles put on j10B then it will be in same league as F16 E/F Rafale, EF2000, and ur so called MKI n dan it hav no problem to counter ur so called mighty air force of indian

every rational person will vote F-16C/D for a simple reason"J-10B is still under test".we don't even know the progress of china's AESA

and to add to it, F16 is battle tested and battle proven aircraft.

But there is no reason why J-10B will not succeed in surpassing the newer block F16s in terms of characteristics, abilities etc.

China defence industry is a force to reckon with. Nobody can deny this fact.

Our relations with China will only grow stronger from hereon forwards. The relationship and our loyalty to eachother is unquestioned.

Hello everyone,
I think when it comes to this, where you have to compare western technologies with Chinese, people let their preconceived ideas and thoughts take the best of them, If Chinese were to be that inferior to Americans in technology they wouldn't be where they are now,there are so many things and capabilities which are kept confidential for years even from their own public, China is an emerging super power so i don't think they would be producing J-10b & trying to brush up its capabilities, if they knew it will not be able to compete with new F-16's, so if China is working on j10-b it means they see some thing in it . Chinese are smart people, all their moves are very carefully calculated and that is also why they have 4 trillion dollars of foreign reserves. and i am really amazed how majority of people say that Chinese products wont be that good, when they are typing from computers which carry at least 30% of chinese components ( that is according to my rough estimate)
So in the end I'll just conclude with these lines its not wise to fore judge,and living in denial is not going to make J10-B any less potent.:china::pakistan:

Pointless thread comparing a Block52 F16 with a world class performance against a new very good looking J10B not fully inducted as yet.

F-16 can carry a maximum payload of around 7500 kgs. J-10 only around 4500 kgs. No idea about J-10B, but surpassing F-16 is unlikely. F-16's maximum take off weight is 19,185 kgs.
aerospaceweb.org/aircraft/fighter/f16

Sure.
How'll that help? There are Block 60+ F-16's now. FC-20 can't top that.

Again, apples vs oranges debate. First of all, what do you even know about the FC-20? Please provide me with accurate specs and perhaps we can start comparing both. I believe that it's useless to compare any aircraft. My vote goes to none.

But there is no reason why J-10B will not succeed in surpassing the newer block F16s in terms of characteristics, abilities etc.

Sorry, but the F-16 is a mature platform. It has evolved and improved over time. Not to mention it has a proven record. The F-16 is equiped with AESA, the J-10 is not; even if the Chinese built an AESA it will only be a first gen model, were as the Americans will be improving over previous versions. Don't forget the budget disparity. In 2008 US military spending hit 607 billion, the Chinese budget for 2008 was only 59 billion.

I will say the J-10 is a very capable aircraft. However, China still relies on Russia and Israel for technology. There is no reason to beleive China will catch up to the US, atleast not in our life times.

Hello everyone,
I think when it comes to this, where you have to compare western technologies with Chinese, people let their preconceived ideas and thoughts take the best of them, If Chinese were to be that inferior to Americans in technology they wouldn't be where they are now,there are so many things and capabilities which are kept confidential for years even from their own public, China is an emerging super power so i don't think they would be producing J-10b & trying to brush up its capabilities, if they knew it will not be able to compete with new F-16's, so if China is working on j10-b it means they see some thing in it . Chinese are smart people, all their moves are very carefully calculated and that is also why they have 4 trillion dollars of foreign reserves. and i am really amazed how majority of people say that Chinese products wont be that good, when they are typing from computers which carry at least 30% of chinese components ( that is according to my rough estimate)
So in the end I'll just conclude with these lines its not wise to fore judge,and living in denial is not going to make J10-B any less potent.:china::pakistan:

China's economic boom has nothing to do with the military sector, but rather cheap labor. Like i mentioned earlier China's military spending is no were near the United States, and they are still behind in basic technology such as jet propulsion.

And all the talk about who has greater rang or more hard-points is silly, yes it is a factor, but the F-16 and J-10 a vary similar, it's not like we are compairing a heavy class fighter to a light fighter. Also the strong airforce will always have the luxury of air refueling, even in war, and all the hard-points in the world won't help you if you can't detect and fire at your enemy first. Also it should be taken into considerations that most air engagements are fought between multiple aircraft, for instance the US air force always have the superiority in terms of numbers, thus harpoints become less relevant.

Last edited:
and what is the price difference between the two? Secondly, yes one is more mature and battle proven. That is why i have said 5 billion times that one must be patient. I'd equate the FC20 to the C block 30/40. That is still respectable. Lots of room for future upgrades, similar to the thunders. Also, PAF will ensure that Chinese make improvements and setups that foster to our needs. Hence we are being patient and not inducting them immediately until our stringent parameters are met. If you want to do cross comparisons with status quo then sure we can do that. But please don't put words in my mouth.

Back
Top Bottom