What's new

Its getting hot in here!!!!!

Prometheus

Reaction score
Country
India
Delhi records hottest April day in 52 years

15POLARPINK_400.jpg

New Delhi: Delhi residents continued to reel under the scorching heat with the mercury rising to 43.7 degrees Celsius, the highest recorded in April in the past 52 years.
According to India Meteorological Department (IMD), there seems to be no respite from heat wave conditions on the weekend as the maximum is likely to hover around 44 degrees Celsius.

"The maximum temperature recorded was 43.7 degrees Celsius which was eight degrees above the average. Saturday was hottest day in the month of April since 1958," IMD director BP Yadav told IANS.
The minimum temperature recorded Saturday was 26.5 degrees Celsius, a good six notches above the average for this time of the season.
Delhi Friday recorded 42.9 degrees Celsius.
April this year has been unusually hot and weather officials attributed the blazing heat to the lack of western disturbances over Delhi.
"However, things are expected to improve with likelihood of a western disturbance which will lower the temperature in the capital by two to three degrees from Monday," Yadav added.
The streets of the capital were mostly deserted look with people avoiding stepping out in the hot weather.
"Driving a motorcycle in this temperature was just like a bad dream. It was so hot, I felt as if my skin as burning," said Rakshit Gupta, a resident of Rohini area.
Shagun Sharma, who works with a private company, said: "I sat at a bus stop for 15 minutes as I was feeling completely dehydrated. It's impossible for people who travel in buses. I fear what will happen in May when summer is at its peak."
The increase in temperature shot up the power demand in the capital with several areas suffering without electricity for hours.
"The power demand reached 3,830 MW Saturday which is very high for this time of the year. The main reason behind such high demand is the unprecedented heat," an official of the Delhi power department told IANS.

Delhi records hottest April day in 52 years - India - ibnlive

dude its getting friggin bad, i hate summers.

mosquito , heat , air con gives you cold , upset stomach.

my tan is makign me like golden baboon.

it hurts me to say this - but i miss winters lool.

feel like tangoori chicken when i walk out .

folks ........get ready with ur Air conditioners...........Sun chachu is gonna rain fire this summer

yes same here in Pak, southern punjab and sindh have been under v high temperatures considering its April. Here in Islamabad, its quite hot with temp rising upto 38 today i guess, and load shedding too....

Whats the laod shedding situation in India geenrally. Do you guys suffer from this on regualr basis?

no power cut ever in delhi , but other cities its horrible no power for an hour. need proper power back up for air con or else get roasted like a rack of lamb.

so it ranges from state to state and village to cities too.

@SummerWine:It Depends upon State to State.Loadshedding is there may be for 30 minutes or So in Noon Time and 7-10PM time.But in some States ,There can be 10hours Loadshedding Especially Rural Villages Suffers the Brunt.

yes same here in Pak, southern punjab and sindh have been under v high temperatures considering its April. Here in Islamabad, its quite hot with temp rising upto 38 today i guess, and load shedding too....

Whats the laod shedding situation in India geenrally. Do you guys suffer from this on regualr basis?

providing power is states responsibility.............If one state get short he buys from other state.
Like Punjab Needs extra bit of power during paddy season.........we buys from central pool , uttranchal and West bengal.

Did you know today my college thermameter showed temp. of 45 degree?

The scientists are saying that the Volcano eruption in Europe will slows down the global warming.

It can cooled Earth's surface by 0.5°C.

"It is said that volcanic ashes sits in the atmosphere and actually absorbs thermal energy and also helps to shield the earth from sunlight, and caused discernible global cooling. The eruption of Mount Pinatubo in the Philippines in 1991 and Mexico’s Mount Chichon eruption in 1982 had a very demonstrable cooling effect."

Very hot in Indian Punjab. More than 42C max for day.

2-3 hours of load shedding nowadays. Some unlucky days even 4-5 hours.

How is the load shedding in Pak??

I love summer. I love summer wine. I love summer of 69.

ya it quite hot in Canada also, this winter was the mildest by far, we only had a couple of big snowstorms and it never really went below -20. Weird, maybe this Global Warming thingy is true :P

Very hot in Indian Punjab. More than 42C max for day.

2-3 hours of load shedding nowadays. Some unlucky days even 4-5 hours.

How is the load shedding in Pak??

Load shedding here is like an everyday incident nowdays and from last couple of years or since People Parties took over.....

Back
Top Bottom