What's new

It’s destination India for Bangla army recruits

Avisheik

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The Bangladesh government is likely to send new military recruits — soldiers and officers alike — to India for short-duration refresher courses, a top official told Seven Sisters Post.

“The Indian army is professional and we need our army to grow on those lines. The Pakistani model of a politicised, Islamised army is not acceptable to the secular democratic government now in power in Dhaka,” the official said during a recent official visit to Delhi. He did not wish to be named.

Three recent attempts to stage a coup to oust the Sheikh Hasina-regime have lent urgency in efforts to purge the Bangladesh army off “evil influences”, the official said.

The Bangladesh army is one of the biggest contributors to the UN peace-keeping operations and the country’s present political and military leadership is keen to professionalise the army so that it gets more such assignments. The soldiers and officers prize such assignments for the kind of money they get to make.

Between August and December last year, the ruling Awami League regime survived three specific coup attempts. The first attempt involved Islamic radicals within the army and the military intelligence wing, DGFI and they were backed by the Jamaite-Islami through its student wing Islamic Chatra Sibir.

The conspiracy was hatched in Nepal and the Pakistan’s Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) took active part in executing the plan. But the Dhaka police intelligence wing got the whiff and moved swiftly by arresting over 300 Chatra Sibir members and other hardcore Jamat-e-Islami activists. The coup plan was thwarted.

The second attempt was made in October-end and early November, last year. The kingpin behind the nefarious design was Bangladesh Nationalist Party supremo Begum Khaleda Zia’s son Tarique Rahman. He met dubious DGFI and Army elements and hatched his action plan in his current abode in London.

The same coup plan was leaked to Dhaka police intelligence wing and subsequently a counter plan was put in action. The last attempt was made by Bangladesh Army Major Syed Mohammad Ziaul Huq in December, last year. He was backed by several Army and DGFI officials, ISI agents and activists of BNP and its trusted ally Jamat-e-Islami.

Over 80 Army and DGFI middle and top level officials are under surveillance and many have been arrested for their involvement in the aborted coup attempt. The scheduled date of coup was January 9 and 10, this year.
Incriminating evidence including copies of leaflets justifying the coup plan to “overthrow the pro-Indian current regime of Dhaka led by the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina” was circulated. On March 12, another attempt was made by the Opposition BNP to create lawlessness in the capital.

A political rally was organised demanding amendment in the constitution to ensure that the current regime resigns before the elections are announced and the entire election is held under President’s rule.

In the rally, the BNP and its allies made objectionable comments against the current regime for “hobnobbing with India.” Fearing more coup attempts, the Hasina government had recently strengthened the police intelligence wing, particularly in Dhaka and nearby areas to effectively counter any such move in future.

The proposed move to send newly recruited Army jawans and officers to India for short term refresher courses has two specific reasons. One, to strengthen the bonds between Army cadres and officers of India and Bangladesh.

This will create a friendly atmosphere and brotherhood. Two, the pro-Pakistan elements within Bangladesh Army who are responsible for launching anti-India campaigns at the recruitment level will be neutralised.

The anti-India mindset is instilled through indoctrination among Army cadres even today. The arrest of Major Ziaul Huq for the coup conspiracy is clear evidence that a section of the present generation of Bangladesh Army have an anti-India mindset. Dhaka is making all possible efforts to revamp the whole system. It remains to be seen how the current regime handles the anti-India elements both within the political parties and in defence forces.

(taken from the seven sister post)

I am good with Bangladeshi army personnels training in india.

But the article is badly written and contains propaganda against anti-awami league supporters and anti-pakistani elements

Army should stay out of politics. We don't need a pro-India Army, we need an army that is pro-Bangladesh, period. And we don't need army to take out RAWamy League, it will happen in due course of time, when we have a more educated voting public and less ballot stuffing and less irregularity in our election system.

Army should stay out of politics. We don't need a pro-India Army, we need an army that is pro-Bangladesh, period. And we don't need army to take out RAWamy League, it will happen in due course of time, when we have a more educated voting public and less ballot stuffing and less irregularity in our election system.

That is the most important point. If the army isnt pro-bangladesh nd is proxy for foreign countries, what is the use of the army

Army should stay out of politics. We don't need a pro-India Army, we need an army that is pro-Bangladesh, period.

Majority of Bangladeshis supposedly Muslims. So it's should be normal for Army to follow Islamic ideology instead of Bengali secular garbage. Let's face it. With out Islam, Bangladesh goes to gutter.

Majority of Bangladeshis supposedly Muslims. So it's should be normal for Army to follow Islamic ideology instead of Bengali secular garbage. Let's face it. With out Islam, Bangladesh goes to gutter.

Did you realise this in 1971??? Although Pakistan is enemey no 1 for my country, but I still feel that Pakistan is the only country that is pro muslim in its ideology and sacrificed a lot for propagating Muslim ideology...So dear i think you should re think about the mistakes that you guys have done....Right...:no:

I am not sure if this Army coup is another RAWamy League propaganda or not, that is something more knowledgeable on this issue can further comment on. But using Army to change a elected govt. is an absolute no-no. We already have democracy institutionalized, its not perfect, but its there. We should make full use of it. If we do not think that this govt. is good, then we need to use democracy to remove it.

Now you may ask, how can we compete with RAW and Awamy League with their millions and probably billions of USD budget. I would say that we need to find some bigger outside sponsor that can counter Indian influence on our democracy. Till then all we can do is start building a grass roots effort, without going into politics and elections and start building an alternate base of power that can compete and eventually defeat the RAWamy League machine.

Using a coalition of BNP, Jamat and other opposition parties to win majority in election is another approach. But the direction I am pushing, to go for ASEAN+ membership for Bangladesh, using Jamat and religious politics may not look good to our Buddhist brothers in that group. So we need to be careful in our decision making, specially if we are going to look for help from that direction to counter RAWamy League influence.

Personally, I am not against using religion when its needed, but it should be used sparingly, strategically and not indiscriminately.

:lol:this article is full of crap and the source of it is even a bigger fail...."taken from the seven sister post":rofl:

This is very stupid thing on part of Bangladeshi Government.They should not send their soldiers/officers to countries with whom they could have conflict in future ( e.g Bhutan, India or any other land neighbor). It is much better to send soldiers/officers to neutral countries likes ( for example Pakistan sends soldiers/officers to Germany, Turkey, UK, USA and other neutral countries for training).

First of all this is a "not so mainstream indian news paper" and second, we had sent our new recruits to India before, we have
such agreements with lots of countries. Now its definitely true Awami Retards want to get rid the army of pro-bangladeshi/ pro-islamic minded officers, but to do that it will take them to stay in power for another 10 years at least, and I don't see that
happening normally. BD will lose her existence under another 10 years of Awami rule.:fie: We still
have lots of pro-bangladeshi officers in army even after the highly sophisticated pilkhana massacre and
they would retire at least after 10-15 years of service. SO I am optimistic that we muslim bangladeshis won't lose our existence under Akhand Bharat.:)

Doesn't malaun mean banya a racist abuse for hindus by people of superior culture and upbringing? Atleast respect your fellow bangladeshi hindu avisheik on this thread... LOL, I'm kidding, thats not really necessary.

LOL, you turds are full of it, we need a tighter leash on you :P

I think he didn't meant that towards Avisheik, but called Awamileague malauns. Well every body calls awamileague malauns in BD. AL is under malaunic RAW payroll since its existence.:)

Back
Top Bottom