What's new

Israel Suffered a Double Defeat

- Israel always wanted to sign a cease fire with Gaza.
- In 2008 Hamas agreed to sign a cease fire, but only for 6 months.
- When 6 month ended Israel asked to renew cease fire, but they refused, drastically increasing rocket attacks.
- Therefore Israel launched Cast Lead operation and Hamas agreed to cease fire.
- Over 2 years was quite calm, but then rocket attacks started to climb again.
- Israel launched a new operation as result Hamas again agreed to cease fire.

I hope we last time play that game. We mind that Hamas think its victorious, if they keep the cease fire.

Unfortunately, unless HAMAS accepted the Israeli land for peace proposal, there will not be an end to Rocket and Mortar bombing. That's hows HAMAS earn their pay and that's how they are going to do until they got what they wanted. Which is probably never.

The biggest issue is how the more radical wing of Hamas is taking over the direction of the Palestinian movement from Fatah. From everything Hamas has achieved, sidelining Fatah and strengthening their own support from ordinary Palestinians and financial backers are probably their biggest win. Radicalizing the Palestinian movement even further causes bigger headaches in the region and for Israel.

It's not a win for Palestine, but a win for Hamas.

I don't see how HAMAS can further seperated from Fatha as HAMAS has already outsed all the Fatah form their Gaza Government in the 2007 Battle of Gaza, the HAMAS hold 70-85% approval rate from Palestinian BEFORE the rocket bombing. And Rocket bombing and harrasing is what HAMAS do and that's how they are going to get pay for. I did not see how this bombing is different than the one in 2008 and the one in 2004, except there are lighter Israeli casualty. Money will flow to HAMAS regardless of these bombing, the problem this bombing is the same as any bombing done by HAMAS that comes before them, and will be the same that are going to happens. YOu will not get more regonition or funding by performing what they are suppose to do in the first place.

There are nothing to show for from the HAMAS side, the casualty is light and the people who against the Israeli are continue against the Israeli, and the people who support Israeli continue to support the Israeli. Media report are the same amount than the last one and the last one before. I did not see how this bombing lead to a different future as HAMAS already hold majority in Gaza government. Maybe you can enlight me how this campaign helped HAMAS cause??

One thing you get it right, this is a lost to Palestinian, and Palestinian is the main supporter of HAMAS, so if they feel lost then so should the HAMAS, not the other way around.

I believe the Victory was for the People of Gaza and not Hamas.... Hamas could not save it leaders...

Why People of GAZA because they will not be killed Israel.

Hamas gained nothing, because israel-palestine issue is already internationalized, to the point that people are showing a fatigue to the news coming from there.
Whatever sympathy the got, they lost it by dragging the deadbody of alleged informers in the street. So much for the democratically elected govt that can negotiate with israel.
I guess only winners are Morsi and prossibly iron dome (if they can export)

I know some pissed off pinheads are always defending the Jewish state, all mighty Isreal was established as the undefeated, hasn't it?

Well on the other hand stands the fact, on the new era. The American influence is waning, the Jewish lobbyists are whining, Egypt is transforming, are we seeing the obvious?

From what I see from those arab states, they are now even more ball-less than ever before. There is no single arab state that dare challenge Israel militarily. Let alone U.S. is behind Israel.

BTW, none of them give a damn about those palestinians. So to be honest, land for peace is the only way out for those palestinians and 1967 border to separate the two is the only possible solution.

Those who chant day in and day out asking their allahs to wipe out Israel do not seem to get their reality checked. I do not know how many generations have been wasted. Israel's bombs would be more powerful and accurate. The spanking will be even more painful to those terrorists, aka hamas, and their supporters.

I know some pissed off pinheads are always defending the Jewish state, all mighty Isreal was established as the undefeated, hasn't it?

Well on the other hand stands the fact, on the new era. The American influence is waning, the Jewish lobbyists are whining, Egypt is transforming, are we seeing the obvious?

Iran struck heavy blow to Israel in Gaza: Indian scholar

A veteran Indian university professor says Iran has dealt a serious blow to Israel during the latter’s recent eight-day war on the besieged Gaza Strip.

“Iran has punched a big hole in the Israel’s overinflated hot air ego balloon -- inflated by America’s active military (both hardware and intelligence) support not just in peacetime but even during its wars against Palestinians and Arabs since 1967 Arab-Israel war,” M. I. Bhat, professor emeritus at University of Kashmir, wrote in a column for Press TV on Sunday.

He described the end of the conflict as a “great achievement” for Iran, saying, “And at the same time Iran has severely weakened Israel on one of its war fronts.”

Bhat also praised Iran for encouraging the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas to stand against the Israeli aggression.

“...After helping [Lebanon’s] Hezbollah secure itself against frequent Israeli depravations, it has made another Israeli victim feel bold enough, if not fully secure, to confront it with a real sting.”

On Wednesday, under an Egypt-brokered deal, Palestinians and Israelis agreed to end all hostilities against each other after eight days of relentless Israeli attacks on the coastal enclave. Israel also agreed to open all crossings and facilitate the movement of people and goods in and out of the Gaza Strip. But it did not accept to lift the blockade of the Gaza Strip.

Over 160 Palestinians, including women and children, were killed and about 1,200 others were injured in over 1,500 Israeli attacks on Gaza that were carried out during the eight-day period of November 14-21.

Bhat said Israel had proposed the truce out of fear, saying, “For Israel scared population is not the same as the dead Gazans are for Hamas - for the former it saps moral, for the latter it energizes to go an extra-mile to avenge.”

PressTV - Iran struck heavy blow to Israel in Gaza: Indian scholar

My comments are towards those terrorists supporters, in this case, a.k.a. hamas supporters. If you are not one of them, you do not need reply. .

Hamas was elected(democracy?) and are freedom fighters alongside the Palestinians fighting an illegal occupation of Palestine by Israel.
Why the hell would anyone want to sit idly by and watch while their country is overrun, their houses bulldozed and their farmland seized by the occupier

Reality is that you cannot overrun those millions of israelis there. You have no hope of winning at least for the foreseeable future. If land for peace deal is not on palestinians' list and they only want to erase Israel from earth, well, good luck. I see no hope for them.

They can continue to shoot some rockets into Israel for almost no use while being retaliated by Israel's bombs. At the end of day, those palestinians gods could do nothing and end up being useless. Even their so-called arab brothers won't help either.

Talking about being at the edge of hell. Well, I think they are already in hell.

Hamas was elected(democracy?) and are freedom fighters alongside the Palestinians fighting an illegal occupation of Palestine by Israel.
Why the hell would anyone want to sit idly by and watch while their country is overrun, their houses bulldozed and their farmland seized by the occupier

What heavy blows?

Iran's axxes have been seriously burned for the past decades, even more during the past year. Stop this kind of idiotic pompous self-inflated "spirit victory" garbage.

Iran struck heavy blow to Israel in Gaza: Indian scholar

A veteran Indian university professor says Iran has dealt a serious blow to Israel during the latter’s recent eight-day war on the besieged Gaza Strip.

“Iran has punched a big hole in the Israel’s overinflated hot air ego balloon -- inflated by America’s active military (both hardware and intelligence) support not just in peacetime but even during its wars against Palestinians and Arabs since 1967 Arab-Israel war,” M. I. Bhat, professor emeritus at University of Kashmir, wrote in a column for Press TV on Sunday.

He described the end of the conflict as a “great achievement” for Iran, saying, “And at the same time Iran has severely weakened Israel on one of its war fronts.”

Bhat also praised Iran for encouraging the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas to stand against the Israeli aggression.

“...After helping [Lebanon’s] Hezbollah secure itself against frequent Israeli depravations, it has made another Israeli victim feel bold enough, if not fully secure, to confront it with a real sting.”

On Wednesday, under an Egypt-brokered deal, Palestinians and Israelis agreed to end all hostilities against each other after eight days of relentless Israeli attacks on the coastal enclave. Israel also agreed to open all crossings and facilitate the movement of people and goods in and out of the Gaza Strip. But it did not accept to lift the blockade of the Gaza Strip.

Over 160 Palestinians, including women and children, were killed and about 1,200 others were injured in over 1,500 Israeli attacks on Gaza that were carried out during the eight-day period of November 14-21.

Bhat said Israel had proposed the truce out of fear, saying, “For Israel scared population is not the same as the dead Gazans are for Hamas - for the former it saps moral, for the latter it energizes to go an extra-mile to avenge.”

PressTV - Iran struck heavy blow to Israel in Gaza: Indian scholar

Back
Top Bottom