What's new

Israel attack on sudan details

@TR.1
Sir,Turks have a rich history of being an warrior race,there is absolute no doubt.But why do you tend to underestimate the achievement of others is beyond my knowledge.
The Germans and the Israelis have proved themselves as a tremendous fighting machines of twentieth century.Be it the german snipers,the brutal richthofen division in the world war or the brilliant israeli military tactics we have seen in the past.The world war veterans still remember their enemies with respect,why cant you? No offence intended.Peace.

Its excessive and needless nationalism and chest thumping. The end of world war I saw the peak of the Turkish Ottoman Empire come to an end. The Ottoman Empire, and present day Turkey was occupied by Greece, France and UK if I am right. Then after a 3 year independence war, they won and they gained freedom. This could only be achieved by imbuing extreme nationalistic concepts in the population by drawing inspiration from their glorious days in the past. That probably still exists in Turkish society even today. I have seen numerous posts by Turks who keep throwing around maps from 100 years ago. On the one hand such nationalism is good, it holds a nation together. But on the other hand, it is bad, because you lose sense of realities and still think you are just as powerful as you used to be. The 20th century "warrior nations", so to speak, in reality, in my opinion, would probably be United States, Russia, Israel, China, India and Pakistan. I think these are the countries that have fought full scale wars by themselves either against others or between each other, more than once. And made the biggest sacrifices and shown the most bravado in the most pressing situations, more than once. Turkey today, has lost its original charm. Just my thoughts.

Of course Israel had Sinai in the end of the war. Israel returned Sinai in 1982, 9 years after the war as part of peace agreement.

By the end of the war, territory controlled by Israel has increased by 900 km2. Israel was never so big as in the end of 1973.

what??? so your saying the terriroty controlled by egypt after 1973 was more than in 1967?

^^^Israel was never poorly equipped.Those who think like this perhaps do not read much.For example in 1973 it had SR71 on its side which gave it priceless information. Anyways thanks for your reply.Understood your point.
In 1948 and 1956 was Israel was poorly equipped. In 1967 and 1973 wars Arabs had about two times advantage over Israel in number of tanks aircrafts and divisions.

what??? so your saying the terriroty controlled by egypt after 1973 was more than in 1967?
Yes, in the end of 1973 Israel controlled more territory than in the end of 1967.

ok show me one country today in the world who can fight against these countries . read carefully.

1. British Empire
. not only britishmen , but all the colonies , so new zealand men , australians , and all the rest

2. French Empire
not only frenchmen but african countries men controlled by france

3. Russia

4. Armenians

5. Greece

just to give you a thought - today add up all these countries GDP look how much it makes . 2. add up all these countries populations . e.g india is 1 billion , england 60 million , new zealand , australia , france , senegal , greece .

China is a country who got invaded by japan and badly so dont compare us .

just to give you idea of british attack against canakkale . only in canakkale

Strength
31 battleships
3 battlecruisers
24 cruisers
25 destroyers
8 monitors
14 submarines
50+ transports

oh yh i forgot italy

Its wrong comparison. You cannot compare the British Empire etc vs any other country TODAY. For instance, if you take the British Empire of old times, and pit them against India of TODAY, India will crush them. Because there is a difference in technology, war tactics etc., Even if they have more men, they would lose.

Also an outcome of a war is not based just on the fighting. It also depends on the politics, the resources, the capacity to sustain a long campaign etc., I could also turn that around and argue that the only reason Turkey won in the independence war was because Britain, France etc were weakened substantially after World war I. A blessing for Turkey.

BTW, I do not know much about Turkish history, but wasnt the Cannakale battle a part of the Galipoli campaign? If so I remember reading that it was the Central powers vs the Allies. It wasnt just against Turkey.

Its excessive and needless nationalism and chest thumping. The end of world war I saw the peak of the Turkish Ottoman Empire come to an end. The Ottoman Empire, and present day Turkey was occupied by Greece, France and UK if I am right. Then after a 3 year independence war, they won and they gained freedom. This could only be achieved by imbuing extreme nationalistic concepts in the population by drawing inspiration from their glorious days in the past. That probably still exists in Turkish society even today. I have seen numerous posts by Turks who keep throwing around maps from 100 years ago. On the one hand such nationalism is good, it holds a nation together. But on the other hand, it is bad, because you lose sense of realities and still think you are just as powerful as you used to be. The 20th century "warrior nations", so to speak, in reality, in my opinion, would probably be United States, Russia, Israel, China, India and Pakistan. I think these are the countries that have fought full scale wars by themselves either against others or between each other, more than once. And made the biggest sacrifices and shown the most bravado in the most pressing situations, more than once. Turkey today, has lost its original charm. Just my thoughts.
Yesterday I was watching a documentary on snipers. An world war II veteran sniper was recalling his memories. He said unlike the British.US,Canadian snipers the Germans snipers moved alone,deep into the enemy territory causing a chill in the opposition's spine.They used to hide on the trees,waited there day after day.Let the enemy pass through him and then shot them from behind in the head.
This may sound offtopic but according to the veteran this kind of warfare was pretty much novel.

In 1948 and 1956 was Israel was poorly equipped. In 1967 and 1973 wars Arabs had about two times advantage over Israel in number of tanks aircrafts and divisions.

Yes, in the end of 1973 Israel controlled more territory than in the end of 1967.
But technologically you were way ahead.That made a huge difference,isn't it?

Its wrong comparison. You cannot compare the British Empire etc vs any other country TODAY. For instance, if you take the British Empire of old times, and pit them against India of TODAY, India will crush them. Because there is a difference in technology, war tactics etc., Even if they have more men, they would lose.

Also an outcome of a war is not based just on the fighting. It also depends on the politics, the resources, the capacity to sustain a long campaign etc., I could also turn that around and argue that the only reason Turkey won in the independence war was because Britain, France etc were weakened substantially after World war I. A blessing for Turkey.

BTW, I do know much about Turkish history, but wasnt the Cannakale battle a part of the Galipoli campaign? If so I remember reading that it was the Central powers vs the Allies. It wasnt just against Turkey.

No country provided manpower . Remember that was our weakest point in the history of the empire. At the same time we helped Azerbaycan .
Battle of Baku - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But technologically you were way ahead.That made a huge difference,isn't it?

No, technologically even in 1967 the Arabs were almost equal or in some instances, better. Israel did lots of preparation. They had taken a Sherman or a Patton tank, fit it with a new french gun, devised new strategy to repair tanks extremely fast and return them to the battlefield (because they faced T 55 Tanks, which were more advanced at that time), they learnt to drive in the desert sand (they flattened the Jeep tires, so the increased surface area allowed them to maneuver better) etc., They even made drinking water mandatory in the Israeli army. They measured it by making soldiers walk the entire length of Israel and measured the amount of water lost by a single person. Accordingly they came up with a water drinking regime, that mandated that soldiers consume 1 litre of water every hour. Then they devised a pre-emptive strike and chose a time in the morning, where the Egyptians would go for breakfast, and then hit them. In 4 hours they had wiped out almost 90% of the Egyptian air force. Their tactics in the 1967 war was simply amazing. Extreme amounts of planning down the very last minute detail.

500 - watch

after 1967 israel was massive - watch from 1.00

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wickerman:^^^Breakfast part, this happened in 1967 six day war,if i am not wrong? Or the Egyptians did not change their breakfast timing?:lol:

@Wickerman:^^^Breakfast part, this happened in 1967 six day war,if i am not wrong? Or the Egyptians did not change their breakfast timing?:lol:

Of course the breakfast part was in 1967. It happened!! They picked a time when they would go for breakfast, am not kidding. In the 1973 war, the Israelis were praying when the Egyptians attacked in tandem with the Syrians :D

read my signature . respect

BTW, I do not know much about Turkish history

Then, how about keeping your thoughts to yourself?

stupid mistakes by syria in golan

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I was watching a documentary on snipers. An world war II veteran sniper was recalling his memories. He said unlike the British.US,Canadian snipers the Germans snipers moved alone,deep into the enemy territory causing a chill in the opposition's spine.They used to hide on the trees,waited there day after day.Let the enemy pass through him and then shot them from behind in the head.
This may sound offtopic but according to the veteran this kind of warfare was pretty much novel
The German snipers were nothing when compared to Japanese. In the Pacific war, the Japanese snipers will tie themselves to the cocnut trees and wait for the American landing party.Most of the time they will get a single US soldiers before being killed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom