What's new

ISI employees bring contempt petition against DG

Status
Not open for further replies.
DG ISI reports directly to the Prime Minister and the ISI is under the domain of the Military as it is the premier intelligence agency of the Armed Forces.

So if ISI operates under military then what exactly is MI? what is difference between functions of ISI and MI?

Has the ISI conducted these ' tests' which are mandatory to regularize these employees ? If so did they pass ?

If not , why are the tests not being conducted ?

On what basis were these men kept beyond the 5 yrs ?

So many more Q's. The courts will tear them apart.

There were / are so many options to ' foreclose' such cases and not let them get out of hand.

You are a senior member regardless of the fact an indian, you should know how these Intelligence Agencies operate. ISI is well structured organization, you really think they will not conduct these test regularly? these type of test are conducted regularly and be it a civilian or a army personnel they have to clear them to get posted.
They never said these people are incompetent, but failed to take the tests, so in these cases contract can be extended.

Tell me why only these four people have come forward to petition against the DG, why not other have done the same?

Well I suppose the ISI now has little option but to comply -- it will be interesting to see if these four will be assigned more "challenging" areas of the country will can benefit from their training and rive to achieve.

Were they ever been promised to be given regular job, answer is a big NO. they were employed as contract persons with no chance of given a permanent job. They should be shunted out or a suitable penalty be imposed on them.

You are a senior member regardless of the fact an indian, you should know how these Intelligence Agencies operate. ISI is well structured organization, you really think they will not conduct these test regularly? these type of test are conducted regularly and be it a civilian or a army personnel they have to clear them to get posted.
They never said these people are incompetent, but failed to take the tests, so in these cases contract can be extended.

Tell me why only these four people have come forward to petition against the DG, why not other have done the same?

What does my having to be an Indian have to do with the subject ??

Anyway, its an internal issue for Pak to find a way around.

Good luck

yes it is seen more like probation period rather than contract, it is not for the benefit of agency but done as a favor to employees. When a person joins the agency he signs the bond for 5 years, if one leaves during this time they have to pay for the training given to them.
Now during this time they are put under emense pressure to check them if they are competent enough. Their social life gets restricted. I have seen some people leaving the organization due to the pressure with in 3 years of their joining. They cannot manage their family and work life.
Hope this explains all to you

Are these tough schedules and lack of social life is for field jobs or all this also applies to desk posts as well?
You said they cannot manage family life??? means they stay at work for long hours than usual?

Thanks

Are these tough schedules and lack of social life is for field jobs or all this also applies to desk posts as well?
You said they cannot manage family life??? means they stay at work for long hours than usual?

Thanks
Yes even for the desk jobs especially if you are working as an analyst that means compiling reports, going through reports and most of the time these things comes with deadline, so yes emense pressure even in desk jobs, however job which involves security clearance they can be a bit easy. the pressure with field work is a bit less because most of the time you are out and about, but there is work related stress always

So if ISI operates under military then what exactly is MI? what is difference between functions of ISI and MI?

MI is to counter sleeping cells(enemy agents) to gather intelligence from border Areas (particularly eastren) and to carry some limited operations in eneny territory while ISI is multi dimensional Intelligence gathering agency focused on any development from rivals i.e even any dams ot weapons in any area(i.e US,UK,USSR,CHINA and almose all important countries) and so onnnnnnn.....:yu:

If you are the type that likes family life and screwing around at Pubs/Clubs, then intelligence work is not the field for you.

Yes even for the desk jobs especially if you are working as an analyst that means compiling reports, going through reports and most of the time these things comes with deadline, so yes emense pressure even in desk jobs, however job which involves security clearance they can be a bit easy. the pressure with field work is a bit less because most of the time you are out and about, but there is work related stress always

Thanks for the reply,
Analyst as in .........? Dont they work according to shifts of specified timing?

There is no job in this field which is without pressure, by the way how can one say field job is without pressure or has less pressure than desk jobs. The guy doing field job is not doing some labour job, at the end of the day he has to write reports and analysis of his reports surely within deadlines.

Thanks for the reply,
Analyst as in .........? Dont they work according to shifts of specified timing?

Thanks for the reply,
yes they do work in shifts and specified timings, but don't they work under pressure during that time?

There is no job in this field which is without pressure, by the way how can one say field job is without pressure or has less pressure than desk jobs. The guy doing field job is not doing some labour job, at the end of the day he has to write reports and analysis of his reports surely within deadlines.
I never meant to say like that, obviously sometimes job requies you to sit someone's house for days, or sometimes requires you to stand in bazaars, and end of the day one has to write about his findings, i was comparing it to the desk job of the analyst.....
Of course ever job comes with its own limitations and the stress factor, ask a banker he will say his job is the most stressful, ask an engineer he will say his job is a nightmare, and ask personnel from Bomb disposal squad about his job and he will say......

yes they do work in shifts and specified timings, but don't they work under pressure during that time?

I never meant to say like that, obviously sometimes job requies you to sit someone's house for days, or sometimes requires you to stand in bazaars, and end of the day one has to write about his findings, i was comparing it to the desk job of the analyst.....
Of course ever job comes with its own limitations and the stress factor, ask a banker he will say his job is the most stressful, ask an engineer he will say his job is a nightmare, and ask personnel from Bomb disposal squad about his job and he will say......

Brother the employee for desk posts in MoD, I was told deputed to their hometown or in HQ. Is this authentic?
I was told that only field officers and high rank officers get deputation across Pakistan. please shed some light...

The query is related to supreme agency of MoD.
Brother the employee for desk posts in MoD, I was told deputed to their hometown or in HQ. Is this authentic?
I was told that only field officers and high rank officers get deputation across Pakistan. please shed some light...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom