What's new

ISI chief cancels UK visit

Good move by Pakistan.

But this is all to this incident and expect Shuja Pasha on a British Airways flight one week later.

It is time for an orphan like ISI to put their side of the story to international press..... their can't be any better opportunity.

I would blame Cameron less and those more who come to Pakistan on peace mission while running a covert war against Pakistan.

Why cameron didn't utter such BS in any other part of the world?
Some thing is special in india or is it indians using wrong perception created by media?

Come on Pakistan need EU for their cotton industry. EU is the largest market for Pakistan. Trade is more or less balanced than doing lopsided business with China. And UK is an important country in EU.

With EU-India FTA coming around this year, Pakistan should try to be on good side of UK to get GSP+ status. Otherwise more than 70% of Pakistan's trade will get marginalized by Indian exports.

Just don't go saying Pakistan can survive without aid. It might, but it cannot survive trade loss with EU.

http://www.bilaterals.org/spip.php?article17503 - Read this article

Last edited:
Come on Pakistan need EU for their cotton industry. EU is the largest market for Pakistan. Trade is more or less balanced than doing lopsided business with China. And UK is an important country in EU. With EU-India FTA coming around this year, Pakistan should try to be on good side of UK to get GSP+ status. Otherwise more than 70% of Pakistan's trade will get diverted to Indian exports. Just don't go saying Pakistan can survive without aid. It might, but it cannot survive trade loss with EU.

We recognize the facts but we have a different approach to our trading partners. There is no issue with EU or UK at the official level . We have a very good understanding with the EU and NATO governments. We also recognize the fact that Cameron was only addressing a particular audience which is not so serious as far as the UK government position is concerned.

See i dont know why INDIAN?PAKISTANI members always post business stuff ..here as we know hardly any country business gets impacted see...CHINA-india..China..USA...and we have hell lot of examples..even INDIA AND PAK..soo plz ..

We recognize the facts but we have a different approach to our trading partners. There is no issue with EU or UK at the official level . We have a very good understanding with the EU and NATO governments. We also recognize the fact that Cameron was only addressing a particular audience which is not so serious as far as the UK government position is concerned.

No I completely understand Pakistan's disgust for Cameron's comments. But all I want to say is, make sure you don't overreact causing a diplomatic row that would in turn result in Pakistan's loss. Like they say, every dog has its day. Pakistan will have its in the future.

See i dont know why INDIAN?PAKISTANI members always post business stuff ..here as we know hardly any country business gets impacted see...CHINA-india..China..USA...and we have hell lot of examples..even INDIA AND PAK..soo plz ..

Because, business is heavily dependent on diplomacy. And livelihood is dependent on business.

Last edited:
No I completely understand Pakistan's disgust for Cameron's comments. But all I want to say is, make sure you don't overreact causing a diplomatic row that would in turn result in Pakistan's loss. Like they say, every dog has its day. Pakistan will have its in the future.

Do not worry. Luck always favours the brave and the timid will lose at the end.

UK is too important nation to be ignored. Uk has most of the times supported Pakistan in taking migrants , students etc and there are many British people who are of Pakistani descent who makes all proud.

Even the ongoing home series of cricket match is going on in UK, not in China or USA.

Hope Pakistan doesn't over react to a comment made by PM and takes any unnecessary steps to spoil the good relationship.

The above is used for india not Pakistan.

No. His counter part is coming to Rawalpindi to meet him , instead.

present DG ISI did the same thing to Richard Holbrooke, when he made similar stupid comments. That was back in November i believe.

being a Pukhtoon Pakistani and all, shouldnt be surprising :toast_sign:

he's known to be a tough cookie

The above is used for india not Pakistan.

Oh man, You guys need to come out of your insecurities. I didn't use the phrase to target or insult Pakistan. I was actually being supportive of Pakistan, I used the phrase in the context as such. And it's a famous Shakespeare's quote in Hamlet. But, anyways, I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom