What's new

Is this going to be the end of Zaradri?Another Martial Law?

Guys i may soung bit bitter.

but one of the main problems which i see is that people in pakistan especially middle class say a lot but dont do anything. everyone wants a revolution but no one is ready to start one.... so how will it come. people are among you guys. god wont send any angels to do that for you.

i told you guys Zardari govt is going to stay and complete the term :)

Government accepts judiciary’s recommendations

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said on Wednesday that his government has accepted the recommendations of the Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry.

Gilani told reporters after a meeting with the chief justice that Justice Saqib Nisar has been elevated as a judge of the Supreme Court, while Justice Khwaja Sharif will remain the chief justice of the Lahore High Court, as per CJ Chaudhry’s recommendations.

Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry met with Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani at the latter’s official residence to resolve the points of contention existing between the executive and the judiciary.

On Tuesday evening, Prime Minister Gilani paid a surprise visit to a dinner being hosted by the Chief Justice in honour of Justice Khalilur Rehman Ramday.

The Prime Minister and the Chief Justice exchanged pleasantries.

Prime Minister Gilani informed Chief Justice Iftikhar that he had some 'good news' that he would soon share with the nation.

The executive recently came under heavy criticism for elevating Justice Khwaja Sharif to the Supreme Court without consulting Chief Justice Iftikhar.

Justice Khwaja Sharif was the sitting Chief Justice of the Lahore High Court and was to be replaced by Justice Saqib Nisar.

However, both judges refused to accept their new postings, as they had yet to receive Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry's seal of approval. — DawnNews

I don't think there will be another Martial Law as long as the National Security Council is active. That is the whole purpose of the NSC.

A change in the Presidency is very possible and also desired. Timing is all not clear yet.

I don't think there will be another Martial Law as long as the National Security Council is active. That is the whole purpose of the NSC.

A change in the Presidency is very possible and also desired. Timing is all not clear yet.

:agree: agreed. Now as this issue is over the point remained to be resolved on NRO

For how long will we keep seeing these thieves looting our wealth and sucking every single drop of nation's blood

In the "normal" course of Pakistani events, the old lot periodically get cleared out and replaced by new folks who behave the same way. So maybe the emphasis should be on creating or reinforcing institutions and creating citizen awareness to prevent politicians and public servants from looting the treasury (and foreign aid).

:agree: agreed. Now as this issue is over the point remained to be resolved on NRO

The way things unfolded in the last two days, it seems that PPPP has gained something out of it. That gain is not obvious yet, lets wait and see the nomination of judges in LHC.

Back
Top Bottom