What's new

Is the Pakistan army martial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punjabis are peaceful farmers, there is nothing martial about them, their badmash lifestyle in punjabi films is not reality. May be some castes among them are brave but the urban punjabis that i came across, were timid ones.

You've got a lot more traveling to do.

I can show you some real badmashi. :lol:

even now days nobody knows thre are punjabis in pakistan. they speak urdu. their writing style is foreign. everyone think of us when they talk about punajbis. pakistanis punajbis should be called urdis

Lmao, You think people consider you pink paag wearing drunks real punjabis?

We laugh at you wannabes. Sitting on a slice of punjab and calling it Punjab. Have some shame. You Punjabis should just be called Hindis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every military is by definition martial. Time after time journalist from other countries displaying their ignorance and poor command of the English language.

I know I might not be liked much after writing this, but I have read the book written by Stanley Wolpert,'The Partition of India'. In that one of the topics he touched on was Martial Races. He said the British named the Punjabi muslims and Sikhs to be martial races and recruited them for the British army BECAUSE after the mutiny of 1857 where a united muslims and hindus rebellion was put down by the British with the help of Punjabi muslims and Sikhs who did not support the rebellion. Infact, before that there was no concept of Martial races and recruitment was done from all the regions of India at the time. But after 1857 the Punjabi muslims and Sikhs were rewarded for their loyalty by naming them martial races.

The fact of the matter is that British always faced toughest opposition from Mysore(Tippu Sultan) who was from South India. these were non-Punjabi muslims and sikhs.

I have an article from a Major in Pakistan army below. Please read:.

You should remember few facts here.

1. Gandhi Ji accepted commission WITH PRIDE in British army, even though his ancestry was Gujrati banya. And he encouraged other Southies to join British army. This shows the Brits were not biased in favor of Punjabis or some particular area of the subcontinent and they were not using their army to do the "divide and rule".

In fact British army was one of the few institutions in the subcontinent that truly "united" Muslims, Hindus, and Sikhs and Christians.

----- Ek he suff may kharay ho ga-ay Mahmood o Ayaz

So anyone using the pathetic arguments based on race or ethnicity are off track and do not know $hite about military history.

2. Our subcontinent has 40+ ethnicities and each one of them is like a different flower in the bouquet. One should not be jealous of another flower that someone at sometime said few kind words.

3. Military and police service in Punjab was and has been considered a "service" & "profession" and people wanted to go and join army and police, dreamed about it, and hoped to get in, generations after generation after generation.

It is like guys from Andhra dreaming about going to America to get an advanced degree in IT. So if I say Andhra folks are gurus in IT, is that a bad thing?

huh? Is it a bad thing? heck no!

Similarly people from Punjab hill tract and adjacent lowlands wanted to be soldiers, so if someone says Punjabis are martial. That's a clear reference to "profession".

Then why so many of you are jumping up and down with mirchi in the legs?

Why?

1. Afghan wars
2. WW-1
3. WW-2

showed the military prowess of many parts of the world. Obviously they were trans-country wars. And yet, in the Allied army, non-white soldiers were mainly from Punjab. Few Arabs, fewer Iranian, and very small number of Malay, and Indonesians took part in world wars, even though the wars came to their homes and their farms.

Chinese got raped by Japanese, Malay and other Far Eastern countries got the same treatement from Axis.

But the British Indian troops (mainly Punjabis) defended their own homes and not only that, they went and liberated so many nationalities.

Is that a bad thing?

huh?

Is it something that non-Punjabis should be crying and howling about?

Heck no!

You all should be proud of your sons of soil. very very proud.

peace to you. Peace to all.

ps. In my urdu speaking family, many hold prejudice against Punjabis even when there are a lot of intermarriages. And these Urdu speakers froth at their mouths when it comes to Army, why? because it is dominated by Punjabis.

I am sure in India, states like UP, Bihar and people down south have similar feelings. At least that's what it looks like on PDF.

I am sure in India, states like UP, Bihar and people down south have similar feelings. At least that's what it looks like on PDF.

Hmmm..not entirely true.Actually truth be told, with all the private jobs and the plentiful salaries they give, youngsters are loosing interest in the Army as a vocation and more or less only those from rural areas or semi-urban or those with a family tradition nowadays prefer the Army.

Lmao, You think people consider you pink paag wearing drunks real punjabis?

We laugh at you wannabes. Sitting on a slice of punjab and calling it Punjab. Have some shame. You Punjabis should just be called Hindis.

Hello Raz Sahib,

Go easy on Sardar Ji. Will you.

He has a point. Sardars have tried to keep Punjabi alive in their homes for sure.
He is correct when he says, Pakistani Punjabis have abandoned their culture.

When I visit Punjab, little kids in Urban areas are all talking in Urdu. So who can deny what Jatt Saab is saying.

However Indian Sardars do not realize that Hindu Punjabis in India too have moved away from Punjabi in favor of Hindi and India.

I have met Punjabi Hindus and they prefer talking in Urdu/Hindi.

Not sure what's going on in India, but in Pakistan, Punjabis are MAJORITY. They dominate government, police, and army and customs, and PIA etc.

When a group is so overwhelmingly dominant, it tends to worry less about its long term survival and the survival of its culture.

Sikhs on the ohter hand are tiny minority in the whole region, so naturally they will have to work harder to protect their traditions.

There is nothing superior or inferior about it. Human beings make smart decisions considering their environment and their numbers.

Hope this helps Sardar Ji understand why non-Sikh Punjabis are a bit easy going when it comes to language etc

peace

You would have met those Delhites masquerading as Punjabis..:chilli:

In Punjab, Hindu or Sikh, Punjabi is compulsarily taught in school and majority still prefer Punjabi for day to day conversations.

Hello Raz Sahib,

He has a point. Sardars have tried to keep Punjabi alive in their homes for sure.

When I visit Punjab, little kids in Urban areas are all talking in Urdu. So who can deny what Jatt Saab is saying.

However Indian Sardars do not realize that Hindu Punjabis in India too have moved away from Punjabi in favor of Hindi and India.

Not sure what's going on in India, but in Pakistan, Punjabis are MAJORITY. They dominate government, police, and army and customs, and PIA etc.

When a group is so overwhelmingly dominant, it tends to worry less about its long term survival and the survival of its culture.

Sikhs on the ohter hand are tiny minority in the whole region, so naturally they will have to work harder to protect their traditions.

There is nothing superior or inferior about it. Human beings make smart decisions considering their environment and their numbers.

Hope this helps Sardar Ji understand why non-Sikh Punjabis are a bit easy going when it comes to language etc

peace

Urban areas are urban areas. Most Punjabis are bilingual or in some cases trilingual. Urban experience is only so much. Punjabis are natural farmers, so come out of the city once in a while and we can show you the culture that the Sardars only get to hear about from their elders.

Hello Raz Sahib,

peace

Have to disagree here, Punjab and it's culture is very much alive, little kids in urban areas will use Urdu, but when it get's close in the local cricket match, the Punjabi and it's choice words are very much in evidence,

I present Exhibit A

Exhibit B

A bit of fun, just an example of how Punjabi culture is alive and kicking.

Lolz, Faislabadi accent is the best.

They won't make fun of themselves by writing stupid things in official documents. This was a propaganda to convince Pakistani people of the superiority of the army. All that nonsense came to an end in 1971.
Irfan Hussain in a piece wrote that young officers at the military academy at Kakul among other things were indoctrinated with “the notion that one Muslim soldier is equal to 10 Hindus.”
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Kindly quote me a single official document of PA which says that one pak soldier is equal to 10 or that Indians are cowards. Just name one official document of the PA which says that.

If the Pak Army doesn't says such things officially, then the writer has no right to start with his non sense and utter BS.

And Pakistan Army is not made up of Punjabis only, its made up of other casts, thus taking a swipe at just one cast is not the decent and proper thing.

LOL....AEaay KULON KUM LAY KAY TAY AIDI THON LA DAINI..........funny

A bit of fun, just an example of how Punjabi culture is alive and kicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom