What's new

Is Japan Planning to Create an Anti-China "Asian NATO"?

This scenario of a possible alliance with the US pivot to Asia is not something new, it is within the calculus of the policy planners, so I say just chill out & watch how the events will unfold.

Too much arguing is just bad for the blood pressure. :P

So far, I only find such alliance exist in a game.
I now often played this old game Red Alert 2 with APYR MOD ( Mental Omega: Almost Perfect Yuri's Revenge ) where there is a faction called Pacific Front consist of Japan, Australia and other Asia Pacific nations who unite to counter China. :-)
This scenario of a possible alliance with the US pivot to Asia is not something new, it is within the calculus of the policy planners, so I say just chill out & watch how the events will unfold.

Too much arguing is just bad for the blood pressure. :P

Then i recommend the hypertensive individual take some Captopril, or if he starts to cough, then...Losartan.

This is a great start to unify the Asian countries to block China's global military expansion. Japan with its economic resources and technical know-how can help other Asian countries beef their defenses. The only way China will take notice and might be less aggressive. But defense measures have to be done quickly as the Chinese will move quickly to occupy reefs and build its fake island.

This is a great start to unify the Asian countries to block China's global military expansion. Japan with its economic resources and technical know-how can help other Asian countries beef their defenses. The only way China will take notice and might be less aggressive. But defense measures have to be done quickly as the Chinese will move quickly to occupy reefs and build its fake island.

@Pinoy

Right now, its important to have communication with the other party. It is evident that the Philippines, Vietnam and Japan may have territorial issues with the PRC, but to completely demonize them is not going to solve the issue. It will not magically make China disappear. No, we have to analyze this issue objectively. China will be there, and she will continue to exist as she has existed for millenias. The issue we all have to learn to live with for the foreseeable future is how to maintain a relationship with Beijing whilst at the same time not forfeiting one's national interests. Afterall, territorial disputes will always exist, have existed, and will continue to exist for years to come.

It is true that Japanese government has agreed to provide surveillance ships to the Philippines and Vietnam for patrol purposes. I believe that Hanoi and Manila must continue to press for diplomatic rapport with Beijing , as a military confrontation with Beijing exists only in a 'worst case scenario'. War is on the last thing of any nation's mind right now.

I believe your President , Benigno Aquino III, recently attended a Chinese Filipino Federation, which was also attended by the new Chinese ambassador to the Philippines. And one thing that the Ambassador said to your President , which the latter agreed to, was the issue of importance of communication.

@Pinoy

Right now, its important to have communication with the other party. It is evident that the Philippines, Vietnam and Japan may have territorial issues with the PRC, but to completely demonize them is not going to solve the issue. It will not magically make China disappear. No, we have to analyze this issue objectively. China will be there, and she will continue to exist as she has existed for millenias. The issue we all have to learn to live with for the foreseeable future is how to maintain a relationship with Beijing whilst at the same time not forfeiting one's national interests. Afterall, territorial disputes will always exist, have existed, and will continue to exist for years to come.

It is true that Japanese government has agreed to provide surveillance ships to the Philippines and Vietnam for patrol purposes. I believe that Hanoi and Manila must continue to press for diplomatic rapport with Beijing , as a military confrontation with Beijing exists only in a 'worst case scenario'. War is on the last thing of any nation's mind right now.

I believe your President , Benigno Aquino III, recently attended a Chinese Filipino Federation, which was also attended by the new Chinese ambassador to the Philippines. And one thing that the Ambassador said to your President , which the latter agreed to, was the issue of importance of communication.
If China can control SCS(East sea), then Japan-Korea-US will be in serious trouble first coz SCS(east sea) is an important sea lane for JP-Korea-US while this sea lane is not so important to VN-Phil.

indian_ocean_sea_lanes.gif

@Pinoy

Well its greatest strengthen and our greatest weakness we are for diplomacy but it must be fare to all so ITCLOS is the best venue for this but the chinese wants to prove they better and stronger so they want to intimidate by using economic and military means to force the issue by so called bilateral means which basiclly that hance the current problem now we all face with china. So a Military alliance would be good to keep china in check but in the long run we should just use the UN because it was founded to solve problems diplomaticly between states so in short keep the saber ready but never start a war first talk it out first basically what the Philippines is doing.

Back
Top Bottom