What's new

Is China Testing a Carrier-based AEWC Aircraft?

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Is China Testing a Carrier-based AEWC Aircraft?

Chinese forums are buzzing with speculation about testing a Carrier-based AEWC aircraft, similar to Russian Yakovlev Yak-44 Carrier-based AEWC Aircraft.

Yakovlev Yak-44 was a Carrier-based Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEWC) aircraft, intended for use with the Soviet Navy aircraft carriers.

A Yakovlev Yak-44 detailed full-size mock-up with foldable wings was built.

But demise of the Soviet Union cancelled the Yakovlev Yak-44 Project.

Is Russia sold Yakovlev Yak-44 Carrier-based AEWC Aircraft Project to China?

I hope soon we can hear some good news…..

Picture of the Russian Yakovlev Yak-44 Carrier-based AEWC Aircraft.

1-36.jpg

if it was true than it is certain that the current vargay is going to be the training carrier, the real chinese carrier is going to have catapult and bigger than vargay

Nowadays US is the true benchmark, it is simply naive to believe that we would waste money on those 1970-1980s grandpa Soviet technologies.

Varyag isn't going to have the normal operational schedule like other carriers, thererefore it is a training ship at best.

300fr06.jpg

Have a look in this image.. we can also see a small AEWCS in blur along with supposedly stealth JF-17.

With all these photos, I am now pretty much sure it was converted from Y-7.:triniti:

there is absolutely no doubt that Y-7 can be easily modified to make a new aewc.

with the experience gained on KJ-200 and KJ-2000, it is no longer rocket science to Chinese.

A friend of mine sent me an image of what appears to be a carrier-based Y-7 AEW aircraft. It is not the one you guys are talking about here.

y7aewtestbed20110304122.jpg

y7aew59458595tvb19qrtzj.jpg

Those blurry pics remind me of how the J-10, J-20 and others leaked at the very beginning. I am 99% sure of its existence now.

Back
Top Bottom