What's new

Iraq requests $4.5+ in Military Equipment from US

I never said the US will never offer sophisticated weapons, what I said was that the US will never give Iraq HIGHLY sophisticated weapons, there is a difference.

Yes, Iraq requested F/A-18 Superhornet but the US was a bit reluctant, that Iraq must make some concession such as getting rid of Iranian influence on them. Similarly, the US immediately rejected the F-15 proposal as well, hell, even South Korea begged the US for ages to sell it to them, I don't think the US will risk a chance to uproar the ME military balance in favor of Iraq at the expense of Saudi and Israel in this regard.

It's up to the Maliki's regime, if he signed treaties the US is proposing, Iraq will flourish once more! If not, then Iraq will continue to hold a neutral stand in the ME.

Asking F15 was too optimistic, these are even restricted to some official US allies. I think Iraq could get superhornets + AMRAAM & JDAM ( which Iraq misses ) if there is a treaty alliance and good military relations, Ofcourse Iraq will not get these "highly" sophisticated weapon systems like F15s, military satellites just after signing such an alliance, things take time, even a never on that 1 is wrong but I know what you mean, that is out of sight for a long time.

Signing this treaty might mean giving them some power over the Iraqi national oil company I heard so they might take a decision over this in the future after they have a capable military to make such decisions without neigbhours interfering.

Asking F15 was too optimistic, these are even restricted to some official US allies. I think Iraq could get superhornets + AMRAAM & JDAM ( which Iraq misses ) if there is a treaty alliance and good military relations, Ofcourse Iraq will not get these "highly" sophisticated weapon systems like F15s, military satellites just after signing such an alliance, things take time, even a never on that 1 is wrong but I know what you mean, that is out of sight for a long time.

Signing this treaty might mean giving them some power over the Iraqi national oil company I heard so they might take a decision over this in the future after they have a capable military to make such decisions without neigbhours interfering.

I guess you nailed it right this time.

The statement you gave gets repeated often and theres no way to prove it. I'm certain that it doesn't happen.
Again,nobody attacking your country,military espionage happens allmost in evry country so dont talk nonsens.
Whats so special about Iraq that it shouldnt happen there,what you want and what is are two different things.
My statement about military espionage is common knowledge nothing more.
Dont act like you know evrything thats going on in your country.

Again,nobody attacking your country,military espionage happens allmost in evry country so dont talk nonsens.
Whats so special about Iraq that it shouldnt happen there,what you want and what is are two different things.

I mean that Iraq is not going to hand over this equipment to Iran as many say, I assumed you meant this.
Cant comment on the military espionage part though, its possible ofc.

Other than espionage, the Iranians might manage to transfer these technologies to other non-Western states, or they might actually use them.

I suspect that Iran can do reverse engineering of things like the F-16s and likes.

But you never now,maybe Iraq couldnt bring peace between the sects(shia/sunni).

It isn't about Sunni vs Shia, it is about the allies VS Iran, Iraq is trapped in the middle, @Doritos11 put it clearly earlier in this thread.

Lets keep that part on other threads as it gets thrown on every iraq related thread

I agree, but people deserve to understand the full extent of the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and it will take some time, to rebuild the security forces, intelligence, get rid of corruption and corrupt people.

I agree, but people deserve to understand the full extent of the issue.

Ofc ! but the entire thread might lead with that discussion as it happened numerous times before, better to keep this about military this time.

Yes, and it will take some time, to rebuild the security forces, intelligence, get rid of corruption and corrupt people.

Ofc ! but the entire thread might lead with that discussion as it happened numerous times before, better to keep this about military this time.

Iraq's cancers are corruption and militias. Get rid of them and you will thank me for it!

It isn't about Sunni vs Shia, it is about the allies VS Iran, Iraq is trapped in the middle, @Doritos11 put it clearly earlier in this thread.
Why isnt it Shia vs Sunni?
Untill now it was shia vs Sunni and now all of a sudden it has changed?
Its still the same and Iraq is Shia and Sunni,thats why they are in the middle of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because Iran is the strongest influential player in Iraq, before there was no Iran, therefore, there was no Shia vs Sunni. Some Iranians here believe that Iraq is not an Arab country! You no nothing homie!!!!
Its still the same and Iraq is Shia and Sunni,thats why they are in the middle of this.

It isn't black and white, either full alliance with Iran or its adversaries, or stuck in the middle.

Sunni and Shia lived together without problems. This is part of the proxy wars, same as in Syria though Iraq is calmer and a different situation not enemies with the west.

Sunni and Shia lived together without problems. This is part of the proxy wars, same as in Syria though Iraq is calmer and a different situation not enemies with the west.
Lets hope they will let you live in peace and not create problems.

What threat is Iraq facing to buy missiles like these :what:
]Man, Iraq is arming itself to its fullest, good luck :cheers:

They are short and medium anti-aircraft missile, nothing special or extraordinary, this is a NECESSITY and nothing more. The Bell helicopters are for search and rescue, which are also important for both military and civilian needs.

The Stryker vehicles were purchased because of growing threats of terrorist attacks with chemical weapons. It is a serious threat especially with the events in syria and after arresting a group of terrorists who were planning such attacks with RC planes in Iraq and also in other countries.

I was gonna ask the same question
Who are they gonna attack Iran Perhaps

Big chance for an all out war with syria if the nusrah gain control. An armed confrontation with Iran is a thing of the passed.

Back
Top Bottom