What's new

Iraq Air Force - (President Saddam Hussein's era)

Without availability of proper air strategy and technological maturity, airforces are prone to become history such like Iraqi ones. :angry:

As far as my knowledge is concerned, soon after Iran Iraq war they kickstarted off many programs to promote aviation with in country but of no use. As they have been constantly been used by Americans for fulfilling there agenda!:tsk:

Without availability of proper air strategy and technological maturity, airforces are prone to become history such like Iraqi ones. :angry:

As far as my knowledge is concerned, soon after Iran Iraq war they kickstarted off many programs to promote aviation with in country but of no use. As they have been constantly been used by Americans for fulfilling there agenda!:tsk:

Yes, they were about to import so many MiG-29s and Su-24s to replace outdated MiG-21/-23 stuffs; they even planned to make Mirage 2000 - unsure of variant - under license and upgraded all of Mirage F.1EQ-1/-2/-4/-5 up to Mirage F.1EQ-6; FYI, the latter was similar in performance to French AF Mirage F.1CT.:)

Sadly arsehole Saddam successfully lured into trap laid by Daddy Bush. Being greedy is always painful internally...:lol::lol::lol:

I never knew Iraq had Mig-29s wow. They got completely owned by the USAF. Not a single American plane lost to enemy fire in the complete annihilation of the Iraqi military.

Maybe if Saddam had stopped tourchering his own soliders and beating them and instead of just taking care of himself and making more palaces maybe they would have been able to make the most formidable airforce in all of the Middle East

Back
Top Bottom