What's new

Iranian missiles v western navy

Reaction score
Just a thread about Iran's missiles capability.

DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT OR START TROLLING.

Sejill 2

Sejil-2-missile.jpg

video clip

shahab 3

Qiam-1
Qiam is an Iranian missile with range of >700KM with Trust vectoring technology.

Persian gulf missile
Persian gulf Is an Iranian mach 3 anti ship ballistic missile

for more info on PG missile go here
http://aboutiranblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/scared-defence-exhibition-in-baharestan.html
Qader missile

Last edited by a moderator:
The comparison is irrelevant. For example Shahab-3, Sejjil-2 and Qiam-1 are ground-to-ground ballistic missiles. They can't be used against western navies.

Hoot (Persian: حوت; Whale) is an Iranian supercavitation torpedo that travels at approximately 360 km/h, several times faster than a conventional torpedo. It was test-fired successfully from a surface ship against a dummy submarine during the Iranian military exercise "Great Prophet" (پيامبر اعظم(ص) on 2 April 2006 and 3 April 2006.

The official Iranian news agency IRNA claims the torpedo was produced and developed by the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (سپاه پاسداران انقلاب اسلامی). Most military and industry analysts have concluded that the Hoot is reverse engineered from the Russian VA-111 Shkval supercavitation torpedo which travels at the same speed.[1][2][3]

Find a video of it please.

Iran Fired Missiles in the Indian Ocean for the First Time | Latest BBC News

So what did they use when they did this test? clearly they must had used sejill 2
there was a disccusion about it on some other Iranian forum.

Dear, They probably wanted to test the range of the missile. You can't test a 2000-km long-range missile on another country's soil. Can you? Hence, you have to test it to hit somewhere in international waters. Sejjil-2 or any other Iranian ground-to-ground ballistic missile can't be used against western navies. Even some people cast doubt if the Persian Gulf missile which is a quasi-ballistic ground-to-sea missile is able to hit US aircraft carriers, let alone Sejjil-2.

The comparison is irrelevant. For example Shahab-3, Sejjil-2 and Qiam-1 are ground-to-ground ballistic missiles. They can't be used against western navies.

Hoot (Persian: حوت; Whale) is an Iranian supercavitation torpedo that travels at approximately 360 km/h, several times faster than a conventional torpedo. It was test-fired successfully from a surface ship against a dummy submarine during the Iranian military exercise "Great Prophet" (پيامبر اعظم(ص) on 2 April 2006 and 3 April 2006.

The official Iranian news agency IRNA claims the torpedo was produced and developed by the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (سپاه پاسداران انقلاب اسلامی). Most military and industry analysts have concluded that the Hoot is reverse engineered from the Russian VA-111 Shkval supercavitation torpedo which travels at the same speed.[1][2][3]

Find a video of it please.

here you can see the hoot at 0.16

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Dear, They probably wanted to test the range of the missile. You can't test a 2000-km long-range missile on another country's soil. Can you? Sejjil-2 or any other Iranian ground-to-ground ballistic missile can't be used against western navies. Even some people cast doubt whether the Persian Gulf missile which is a quasi-ballistic ground-to-sea missile is able to hit US aircraft carriers, let alone Sejjil-2.

The part of the Indian ocean they tested in on is international waters, also all sejill 2 needs is an advanced guidance system and sure it can hit a carrier, look up china carrier killer.

here is more info in Persian gulf missile
About Iran Blog: Scared Defence exhibition in Baharestan square in Tehran: 1- Persian Gulf missile.

here you can see the hoot at 0.16

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

The part of the Indian ocean they tested in on is international waters, also all sejill 2 needs is an advanced guidance system and sure it can hit a carrier, look up china carrier killer.

here is more info in Persian gulf missile
About Iran Blog: Scared Defence exhibition in Baharestan square in Tehran: 1- Persian Gulf missile.

Thanks for the video.

As I said they tested it in the international waters to test the range. Changing the guidance system is not easy, also to hit a moving target the missile should be able to correct its ballistic path while it's sent toward the target, that's the feature of a quasi-ballistic missile, not a ballistic missile that hits the target by moving in a defined ballistic path.
Sejjil-2 is a great solid-fueled missile, but it can't be used against naval targets. Also, the accuracy of liquid-fueled missiles is higher than solid-fueled missiles, solid-fueled missiles have the advantage that you can fuel them and keep them in your silos for a long time with little maintenance, but it's not wise to fire them at moving targets, because they'll surely miss the target.

the Persian Gulf missile is claimed to be able to hit air-craft carriers, some people cast doubt on it, but it's different from the Sejjil-2 missile for sure.

I think the PG gulf missiles will defenatly be used to destory the arab oil tankers in case of war.

Also what do you think of that zafar missiles, I was waiting like hell for it to be unveiled but it did not, they said months ago they were onna unveil it in the next few days but still nothing.

It's said to be worlds fastest cruise missile, I think they just having problem with the production line phase, that why it been delayed.

I think the PG gulf missiles will defenatly be used to destory the arab oil tankers in case of war.

Also what do you think of that zafar missiles, I was waiting like hell for it to be unveiled but it did not, they said months ago they were onna unveil it in the next few days but still nothing.

It's said to be worlds fastest cruise missile, I think they just having problem with the production line phase, that why it been delayed.

Any new info about zafar missile.... kindly provide some link (if available about its payload, range etc.)

Cheers

Arab oil tankers are way smaller than aircraft carriers. We don't need to use the Persian Gulf missile to destroy them, we have less expensive options to destroy them.
the Persian Gulf missile reportedly carries a 650 kg warhead. If that's true, I think it would be an expensive missile to be used against Arab oil tankers.
If a full-scale war erupts in the Persian Gulf and Iran closes the strait of Hormuz then the easiest targets for us will be oil tankers.

About the Zafar cruise missile, the dawn 10-day celebrations are close, they may show it in that time. We need ballistic missiles more than we need cruise-missiles I think, because ballistic missiles travel at a much faster speed and are harder to be intercepted but their greatest disadvantage is that they are inaccurate but cruise missiles are controllable and can be controlled to go hit the target. Our short-range ballistic missiles like Qiam-1 can be very lethal if we want to use them against the US bases in our region or we want to hit oil refineries and petroleum facilities of our neighbors. They can surely be a threat for the world's economy.

@Arian : Liquid fuel missiles have less accuracy than solid fuel ones. Because there should be some fuel remaining in the missile and it causes inaccuracy. Like the problem Iraqi scuds had when launched against coalition forces.

Also new pictures in the link PERSIAN GOD KING provided clearly shows that it uses EO/IR seekers to find the target. Such guidance systems are accurate enough to hit even medium to low sized warships. Let alone a gigantic carrier.

Also the guidance system was so successful that they put it on the Tondar 69 for a shorter range anti ship ballistic missile.

Also there is an odd version of Khalij Fars being developed with a nosecone similar to Fateh. There is no other way to guide such missile except to use a radar. So probably a eadar guided variant is also being developed

normal_khp.jpg

normal_khp2.jpg

Iran has potential that no other middle east country has, They have both oil AND technological ambition and to some etend capibilty.

BUT to open a Thread named Iranian Missiles vs Western Navy...

To be bluntly honest, if U.S.A is 6 feet tall, Iran is aroun 2-3 inch hight in military stengh... Iran is capable enoght to kick U.S in the nuts if they attack U.S carrier without declaring war but when U.S bounch back... It is not even debatable that U.S will bomb Iran military and tech into a stoneage... Even a single U.S carrier fleet has more fire power than whole Iran...

This Thread is a joke

@Arian : Liquid fuel missiles have less accuracy than solid fuel ones. Because there should be some fuel remaining in the missile and it causes inaccuracy. Like the problem Iraqi scuds had when launched against coalition forces.

Also new pictures in the link PERSIAN GOD KING provided clearly shows that it uses EO/IR seekers to find the target. Such guidance systems are accurate enough to hit even medium to low sized warships. Let alone a gigantic carrier.

Why there should be some fuel remaining in the missile? Wouldn't gravity cause the projectile to fall down after it reaches the maximum height? Liquid-fueled missiles enable you to adjust the amount of fuel and rate of burn, so you can have a variable thrust.

It refers to the Persian Gulf missile? I couldn't watch youtube videos because when I use VPN my internet gets very slow, but if you're sure it has Infrared seekers show me a pic of it.

Iran’s Asymmetric Threat

By regional standards, the Iranian navy represents an atypically strong coastal force with a coherent force structure designed not to defeat a superior naval power so much as impose prohibitive costs on intervening in Iran’s southern air and maritime approaches. Built for sea denial, it comprises submarines, mines and fast attack craft armed with anti-ship cruise missiles. Each of these capabilities is cheap relative to the platforms against which they’re being fielded, and each places a disproportionate burden on the side seeking to defend against them. Submarines are hard to find; mines take a long time to clear; and Fast Attack Craft, especially when used in numbers and dispersed formations, are difficult to prevent closing to a range at which their missiles become a serious risk to even well protected ships.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom