What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

these fancy systems on legendary Israelis tank Mercava couldn't detect missile fire spots, now you think they can detect shot location of a sniper from more than 1km? you think sniper stands right in front of chopper and shoot? and would sniper gives the pilot reaction chance?

You've to live with it, is reality and it is operational and it is successful, you may call it fancy its in the hands on US Army Aviation. This is a much different system and yes you may not like it it has been tested in Afghanistan in day-night when it was in testing phase. So please understand and read in brief about the system any shot fired at will be dealt with that is the purpose of the system even if it is a sniper.

That gives the sniper one chance with a bolt action and if he is quick a second shot, the return fire is 30 mm at a rate of 625 (±25) rounds per minute i know which end i would rather be on.
if you know what 23mm cannon is, you should now this one is only 3mm smaller.
you are free to choose your side:
13619413951.jpg

13619438971.jpg

You've to live with it, is reality and it is operational and it is successful, you may call it fancy its in the hands on US Army Aviation. This is a much different system and yes you may not like it it has been tested in Afghanistan in day-night when it was in testing phase. So please understand and read in brief about the system any shot fired at will be dealt with that is the purpose of the system even if it is a sniper.
I hope they could at least show some photoshop.
anyway where in the article it speaks about sniper? I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there is a difference between an AK47 ammunition and Arash.
there are physic laws between 400m and 1400m.
even if they install magical cameras in 4 sides of the hellicopter,which without zoom can see the gun flash from 1400m, still I have to say sorry, look at the below pic, moment of shooting.
13619434701.jpg

there is no flash, only smock. this is one difference between AK47 and Arash. have fun.

it is a good weapon but the shooter has to be the best and also the helo or uav has to be slow and low flying target

but i dont think it is a totally useless weapon as some think

look at this :
?????23 ???????? ???? ????

.... 1 second shot pic ....

-----
this gun can be used in mountains , in those places this can work nice ...

the bet thing is to use it for a enemy soldier head :D it will make it a powder...
I guess that 23mm was a prototype.
with such a weapon snipers don't need to aim at target's head, whatever body part they aim, it will disappear.:devil:

I think this weapon is a game changer. Until now, guerillas have who don't have SAM's have had no way of attacking gunships.

This weapon reduces the effectiveness of gunships and moves the balance of power more towards the insurgent.

Helicopters will have to be more evasive and reduce loitering/hovering time.

these fancy systems on legendary Israelis tank Mercava couldn't detect missile fire spots, now you think they can detect shot location of a sniper from more than 1km? you think sniper stands right in front of chopper and shoot? and would sniper gives the pilot reaction chance?

Thats scenario propabably will never happen, let me give you the correct one. Apache will be flying/hovering at more then 10.000ft, He spots any human with its advanced FLIR systems, kill him, done. As they say in USAF 'The enemy dies relaxed'.

I can appreciate a good industry and a product as said several times earlier, But this is totally useless if its just for helicopters, Propably will see much more action in Anti-material roles.

Thats scenario propabably will never happen, let me give you the correct one. Apache will be flying/hovering at more then 10.000ft, He spots any human with its advanced FLIR systems, kill him, done. As they say in USAF 'The enemy dies relaxed'.

I can appreciate a good industry and a product as said several times earlier, But this is totally useless if its just for helicopters, Propably will see much more action in Anti-material roles.

This is not designed for apahe alone though is it?
Iran has made many different anti-Heli weapons, this is just icing on the cake.

Back
Top Bottom