What's new

IRAN: wants its F-14 back

Nav

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
August 5: TheTehran Timesreports that the Iranian Air Force is seeking a return of fighter jets it bought from the US in the 1970.Hossein Chitforoush, the Iranian Air Force Deputy Commander, said We want to take back bombers blocked by the US because it is our legitimate right. However, this issue must be pursued by relevant organisations through relevant channels. The US sold 80 F-14s to Iran in the late 1970s, but the report claims ,it refused to deliver them to iran because of Revolution.Out of the 80 F-14A Tomcats ordered, all but one were delivered to the Imperial Iranian Air Force before the overthrow of Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi in 1979. The outstanding aircraft, BuNo 160378, was put into storage at Davis-Monthan Air base in Arizona until being refurbished as a NF-14A and used at the Pacific Missile Test Centre at Point Mugu in California. It was last noted back at Davis-Monthan with the 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group (AMARG) and was still resident as of june 12, 2010.
Iran wants its F-14 back: key.Aero, Military Aviation

implied_facepalm.png

It would be funny that the US actually sends the F14 with a "Goodluck"postcard.

lolz....what sort of statement is this...it really make me laugh...hahahaha

August 5: TheTehran Timesreports that the Iranian Air Force is seeking a return of fighter jets it bought from the US in the 1970.Hossein Chitforoush, the Iranian Air Force Deputy Commander, said We want to take back bombers blocked by the US because it is our legitimate right. However, this issue must be pursued by relevant organisations through relevant channels. The US sold 80 F-14s to Iran in the late 1970s, but the report claims ,it refused to deliver them to iran because of Revolution.Out of the 80 F-14A Tomcats ordered, all but one were delivered to the Imperial Iranian Air Force before the overthrow of Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi in 1979. The outstanding aircraft, BuNo 160378, was put into storage at Davis-Monthan Air base in Arizona until being refurbished as a NF-14A and used at the Pacific Missile Test Centre at Point Mugu in California. It was last noted back at Davis-Monthan with the 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group (AMARG) and was still resident as of june 12, 2010.
Iran wants its F-14 back: key.Aero, Military Aviation

thats cool ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:tup:

Well, USA has a long history of such acts.

Take the Pakistani F-16s order.......actually 111 of them......sheesh man. Sometimes when i read back in history i still can't believe that we actually ordered 111 F-16s right when they came out!

Iran got robbed 79 F-14 and they waited 30 years to make a squeek about it. Well I don't think US can hear mouse farts and if you give a mouse a cookie, it will ask for milk. I feel bad for them but the Islamic Revolution was a big mistake and made this whole region a worse place to live.

Back
Top Bottom