What's new

Iran to Launch 1st N. Power Plant after 3 Final Tests

Fighter488

Reaction score
Iran to Launch 1st N. Power Plant after 3 Final Tests

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran's first nuclear power plant in the southern city of Bushehr needs to undergo three final tests before it is put into operation, an Iranian official announced on Saturday, adding that Tehran attaches much importance to the safety of the plant rather than its hurried launch.

"I can claim that Bushehr plant is one of the safest plants built recently and Iran has paid special attention to the safety of the plant," Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali Akbar Salehi said in an exclusive interview with FNA.

"I can almost say that we have three more tests to launch the Bushehr plant," Salehi added.

Noting that the construction work at the Bushehr nuclear plant is "proceeding even ahead of the Iran-Russia agreed timeline", he declared that if no special event happens, the plant will be launched within the next few months.

The comments by the AEOI's chief came after Russia had announced that the Bushehr nuclear power plant in Iran would not come online at the end of the year as planned, while stressing that politics had played no role in delaying the startup of the plant.

The Bushehr power plant started its pre-commissioning stage in the presence of Iranian and Russian nuclear experts in February. Head of Russian Rosatom Nuclear Energy State Corp Sergei Kiriyenko, after touring Iran's first nuclear power plant then, said that it was time to put the plant into operation.

The Bushehr plant was originally scheduled to be completed in 1999, but its finalization has repeatedly been delayed and after some ten years Moscow is still postponing the launch of the facility.

Russia agreed in 1995 to build the plant on the site of an earlier project begun in the 1970s by the German firm, Siemens. Siemens left the project after Iran's 1979 Islamic Revolution. Since then it has neither completed the project nor compensated for the losses it has incurred on Iran by giving up the project.

Fars News Agency :: Iran to Launch 1st N. Power Plant after 3 Final Tests

Lovely, go go go Iran, we are with you! May God Help you not only build it, but use it to your defense every way possible. Our support and prayers are with you. Go Go Go, make a black-hole in the middle of country who has ill-intentions towards you. Don't strike first but spare not if offended.

Lovely, go go go Iran, we are with you! May God Help you not only build it, but use it to your defense every way possible. Our support and prayers are with you. Go Go Go, make a black-hole in the middle of country who has ill-intentions towards you. Don't strike first but spare not if offended.

so you are happy when people are killed
i am from very religious known family in iran and this kind of behavior from your side is anti islam. sorry to say but it is with sick mind like this that our countries and region is so weak. but it'll be hard to explain to you i guess

Back
Top Bottom