What's new

Iran, Pakistan to launch gas pipeline project

Oh that's a great job.
But what happened to that Turkmenistan Pipeline that was crossing afghanistan that was initiated a couple of years ago?
I'm just curious.

Oh that's a great job.
But what happened to that Turkmenistan Pipeline that was crossing afghanistan that was initiated a couple of years ago?
I'm just curious.

it will be going to go to turkmenistan to iran to Pakistan and then if India Wants to Join it can Because AFghanistan is not a Stable country and will never be one because majority of the people are not in power its the minority in power so it wont be stable

it will be going to go to turkmenistan to iran to Pakistan and then if India Wants to Join it can Because AFghanistan is not a Stable country and will never be one because majority of the people are not in power its the minority in power so it wont be stable

35548883.jpg

The pipeline has been inaugurated.

Pakistani and Iranian presidents were present there....and also Yusuf Raza GIlani, Qamar Zama Kaira and Firdous Ashiq Awan. Pipelines were visible in the background as well.

Another thing to note was the size of the delegation and their purpose. THe Iranian delegation comprised of the president and a couple of other folks. On the other hand our delegation was Zardari, his MS, ADC, Gilani (even though he hold no position in the government of Pakistan), Firdous Ashiq Awan, Kaira (Info minister, why was he there?) and the petroleum minister. The only guy whose presence was justified was Petroleum minister and ADC and MS. Really got to get rid of this culture.

The pipeline has been inaugurated.

Pakistani and Iranian presidents were present there....and also Yusuf Raza GIlani, Qamar Zama Kaira and Firdous Ashiq Awan. Pipelines were visible in the background as well.

Another thing to note was the size of the delegation and their purpose. THe Iranian delegation comprised of the president and a couple of other folks. On the other hand our delegation was Zardari, his MS, ADC, Gilani (even though he hold no position in the government of Pakistan), Firdous Ashiq Awan, Kaira (Info minister, why was he there?) and the petroleum minister. The only guy whose presence was justified was Petroleum minister and ADC and MS. Really got to get rid of this culture.

So now one can say that its official NOW.....
Thanx for above.

CONGRATS.

zardari and Co must be praised for it.

its official now.

In this kind of situation, i reckon its a world record - fit for Guinness!
Nowhere in the world.

well not bad . despite US pressure it was a big step so far so everyone from PPP wanted to be there for you know some credit.

historical picture PPP walas can use against gunja nawaz

Let's see what US tried to do now...their reaction would be interesting. Pakistan defying their orders...but then again they also know that they need us for the Afghan withdrawal.

I think this is what our planners had in mind...that there isn't much the US can do because they need us for about another year and a half for the withdrawal.

How misinformed.

India backed out in return of Civil Nuclear Deal offered on Quid Pro Quo term. That deal was much better than IPI.

We already knew IPI is not good for us because India is at last end and in hostile times or war times, Pakistan can stop it. Just like you all think India will block all water by its Dams in Kashmir and turn Pakistan into Registan,

May be you should look at what was the trade-off.

Oh i do know what the trade off was. If India was so worried about Pakistan stopping it during hostility(Despite of being given guarantee) why did it became part of it in the 1st place? Water is directly coming from India whereas in this case Pakistan was only the transit route, gas was coming from Iran and since it was trilateral, we could not stop it unilaterally even if we wanted.
India was well aware of this fact yet it choose to become part of the program and delay it for as long as it could.

Let's see what US tried to do now...their reaction would be interesting. Pakistan defying their orders...but then again they also know that they need us for the Afghan withdrawal.

I think this is what our planners had in mind...that there isn't much the US can do because they need us for about another year and a half for the withdrawal.

The IP pipeline will take two years to build, and this will give USA a whole six months at least (if not more due to construction delays) to implement its next steps regarding this project. By then we will have a new government, and likely a new IMF agreement. Things could be very different then.

well great step. i hope it gets completed on time.
no need to worry about the US sanctions... if we dont go for this project, we would be worse off anyways. and knowing that US needs us for another 2 years, ill put all my bets on going ahead with the project and facing some probability of sanctions.
the alternate is to not go ahead and continue facing energy shortages/deficit over the medium run with 100% probability.

so any kind of calculations (be they economic, social, or even gambling) would tell u to go ahead with the pipeline strategy.

Oh i do know what the trade off was. If India was so worried about Pakistan stopping it during hostility(Despite of being given guarantee) why did it became part of it in the 1st place? Water is directly coming from India whereas in this case Pakistan was only the transit route, gas was coming from Iran and since it was trilateral, we could not stop it unilaterally even if we wanted. India was well aware of this fact yet it choose to become part of the program and delay it for as long as it could.
May be you guys should learn how Diplomacy is done and how to get what you want. Whole IPI drama was for getting much better deal like Civil Nuclear deal which you guys also asked for because we got it.

Learn few tricks from us. We try to protect national interest without firing a bullet. But if diplomacy fails, we have other options.

Oh that's a great job.
I'm just curious.

The Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan pipeline (TAP) is only possible after there is peace in Afghanistan since it passes through Afghanistan to reach Pakistan. Pakistan would still welcome that pipeline as well because we want to diversify our supply source.

Also, competition is good as it keeps the prices in line and when we have two sources of gas, no single country can blackmail us. It is always good to have checks and balances in business.

Back
Top Bottom