What's new

Iran invites UAE president to upcoming NAM summit in Tehran

Arian

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Iran has invited the president of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, to take part in the forthcoming Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit in Tehran.

During a meeting at Al Rawdah Palace in the Emirati city of Al-Ain on Sunday, Iranian Oil Minister Rostam Qasemi extended President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s invitation to the UAE leader.

The 16th summit of the NAM member states will be held between August 26 and August 31 in the Iranian capital.

Iran will assume the rotating presidency of the movement for three years during the Tehran summit.

NAM, an international organization with 120 member states and 17 observer countries, is considered as not formally aligned with or against any major power bloc.

The organization was founded in the former Yugoslavia in 1961. The countries of the Non-Aligned Movement represent nearly two-thirds of the UN members and contain 55% of the world population.

NAM's purpose, as stated in the Havana Declaration of 1979, is to ensure "the national independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity and security of non-aligned countries.”

PressTV - Iran invites UAE president to upcoming NAM summit in Tehran

Iranian regime are very weird people, they were topping each other in insulting UAE 1 month ago, but now, they are acting like nothing happened. I don't think they will go. Anyway, this summit has no real impact in world policies.

Iranian regime are very weird people, they were topping each other in insulting UAE 1 month ago, but now, they are acting like nothing happened. I don't think they will go. Anyway, this summit has no real impact in world policies.

dude you think UAE would join the summit. they show the middle finger to the iranian regime.

Some Arabs need to learn to accept an olive branch

They can't be trusted. I don't blame you. You are Pakistani, and Iran hasn't been hostile to you, I think you should be friends with them. But, it's different in our case, you shouldn't blame us as well.

They can't be trusted. I don't blame you. You are Pakistani, and Iran hasn't been hostile to you, I think you should be friends with them. But, it's different in our case, you shouldn't blame us as well.

At least they are making a gesture. Come on man any contact is welcome.

Iran is forcing herself on arabs. there are many iranian-arab issues need to be solved before we accept iran as a strategic contributor in the region.

How can they force themselves. You should welcome them and try to diffuse the animosity between the people

Mate if you think one of the issue is the persian gulf and not arabian gulf, then you should know its always been the persian gulf history testifies to that
Given your signature, you can safely assume we don't care about your opinion.

At least they are making a gesture. Come on man any contact is welcome.

How can they force themselves. You should welcome them and try to diffuse the animosity between the people

as I said many issues needs to be solved before . we have previously held many meeting with iran but unfortunately NO output

as I said many issues needs to be solved before . we have previously held many meeting with iran but unfortunately NO output

Keep dialogue going. Anything else would be silly. No true Muslim wants to see this disruption and discord between Arabs and Iranians. Only Muslim killers like Israel and America are happy that you guys are fighting or arguing

Back
Top Bottom