What's new

Iran fighter jet project

We should copy on strategic things as well, we always obide by them things, we should copy hard things like engines etc, even China does pure copying.

Doesnt seem much aerodynamic to me, Seriously thats one weird designed fighter jet, Its looks fatter then Fattass-35. If i was Iran i would make a design similiar to Russian and Chinese Sukhois and MiGs.

Are you aeronautical engineer by any chance?

I think aircraft project is in stasis for the time being, nobody can stop China from providing hardware but looks like projected is halted.

Iranians can always get WP-14C Kunlun-3 an improved Engine over WP-14 Kunlun which has 75kN with afterburn [for the time being] OR a much better option of Chinese WS-12B Taishan [92kN-100kN] but is heavier ofcourse IF Iran would be looking to design-develop a capable F-18/Mig-29 Class Aircraft I don't see problem with Taishan Engine.

We don't even know if it is finalized or not.It may have changed completely,or enhanced.
The most challenging part is the engine,Iran will unveil a Turbofan engine in november,if it's something like RD-33,then most of our problems are solved.it's pretty hard to build something like that.

You are right about that...Iran has already shown that she can design advanced airframes which is constantly improving from what I see.

The hardest part of independent engine design (without outside help) is the metallurgy behind the turbine blade construction being able to withstand high rotation speeds while operating at extreme temperatures without coming apart and gernading the engine. Many countries claim they make jet engine (like Turkey) however US holds the patents and turbine section parts are shipped and then assembled.
Also in regards to RD-33 type engines which are turbofans but used on supersonic jets.....there are other factors like afterburner, slowing the air flow down to subsonic before entering the engine inlet via computer, and few other challenges to make the engine run smoothly and efficiently in all flight parameters and altitudes.

Iran can do it.

Guys, an advise, ur civilian planes are crashing every year. Try to build some part so they cant crash

The only way to maintain those passenger jets are to be supplied with replacement parts....it is not viable or practical to design replacement parts in those cases. It just doesn't work like that and it is against flight safety practices in this case.

It looks like a toy to me. I doubt it will take off the ground for 10 seconds. It doesn't even look areodynamic.

It looks like a toy to me. I doubt it will take off the ground for 10 seconds. It doesn't even look areodynamic.

Self-proclaimed fake aerospace engineers.

Do you really think anyone really gives slightest care about what you think?
Besides,we don't know if it's finalized or not.It's just some predictions and theories.

I have some pity for the few who can believe that it will materialize given the economic, technological, industrial state of iran...if u took away the fancy picture and the Iran strong brigade, iran is still in the seventies military technology speaking

It is very interesting to see that some craven people are questioning the aerodynamic design of the craft, not even bothering themselves to read the topic that explicitly says that the initial design is a Russian one. Here, we call these people morons.

You are right about that...Iran has already shown that she can design advanced airframes which is constantly improving from what I see.

The hardest part of independent engine design (without outside help) is the metallurgy behind the turbine blade construction being able to withstand high rotation speeds while operating at extreme temperatures without coming apart and gernading the engine. Many countries claim they make jet engine (like Turkey) however US holds the patents and turbine section parts are shipped and then assembled.
Also in regards to RD-33 type engines which are turbofans but used on supersonic jets.....there are other factors like afterburner, slowing the air flow down to subsonic before entering the engine inlet via computer, and few other challenges to make the engine run smoothly and efficiently in all flight parameters and altitudes.

Iran can do it.

Tubitak Sage indeed already developed Domestic Turbofan Engine, But these are for Cruise missiles and perhaps even UAVs, We never claimed we devoleped or built fighter jet worthy Engines so do some research before posting bullcrap...

Iran has no capability to develop its own 4th gen or 5th gen plane. They can license produce Yak-130 with some slight modifications though.

Iran has no capability to develop its own 4th gen or 5th gen plane. They can license produce Yak-130 with some slight modifications though.

5th generation no, but 4th generation a yes - albeit maybe not the engine.

They have already manufactured a 3rd generation jet(Saeqeh) and so they can do 4th generation quite easily.

It will likely be superior to most 4th generation jets as it is likely to be heavily optimised for stealth anyway, as the US have now given the optimimun shaping for stealth away. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom