What's new

Iran Army to unveil new air defense systems soon

SOHEIL

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
fathi20120202055905677.jpg

A top Iranian Army commander has announced the upcoming launch of new air defense systems to boost Iran's aerial defense capabilities.

Tens of radar and missile systems with various ranges have been manufactured and deployed in Iran's defense sector so far and new systems are on their way to join the defense network during the 10-Day Dawn celebrations, which began on February 1 to mark the 33th anniversary of the victory of the Islamic Revolution in Iran, Brigadier General Farzad Esmaili, the commander of the Army's Khatam al-Anbiya Air Defense Base, announced on Wednesday.

Brig. Gen. Esmaili also pointed out that Iran's scientific and technological progresses, which have irked the arrogant powers, come in the face of US-led sanctions.

They are imposing tougher sanctions against Iran to impede the country's development, the senior Iranian commander noted.

However, the Iranian nation will turn the tougher sanctions into opportunities, he stressed.

In recent years, Iran has made major breakthroughs in its defense sector and attained self-sufficiency in important military equipment and systems.

The Islamic Republic has, however, repeatedly assured that its military might poses no threat to other countries, saying the country's defense doctrine is based on deterrence.

PressTV - Iran Army to unveil new air defense systems soon

Is it the bavar? I think we will see a new upgraded version of the already upgraded s-200.
according to some sources in Iran, the russian were stunned when they seen how capable Iran's version is.

It simply looks the same, but all the inside will be completely different.

I don't know why they always make their new stuff look like other previous stuff.
my theory is that so it will confuse the enemy, It's actually a good plan.

If you mean the missile in the picture that's a case of Iranian perfect journalism
It\s a noor or Qader Antiship missile

No i know that is the qader, I mean is the airdefence thing that is going to be unveiled bavar.

If you mean the missile in the picture that's a case of Iranian perfect journalism
It\s a noor or Qader Antiship missile

I guess that is a SA-75 or SA-125. It is an old anti-air and anti-ship missile of cold war. Not very effective but similar systems have brought down F-16's and F-117 in Serbia in good trained hands. Anyways, Iran should concentrate on standardizing its systems and making good modern systems comparable to S-300 PMU2 and Pantsir S-1.

^^

The noor was based on chinese c-802, and the qader is a elongated noor.

No i know that is the qader, I mean is the airdefence thing that is going to be unveiled bavar.
I don't think the missiles are ready yet but I guess what they are going to
show is new Radars and electronic equipment

Bavar can't be ready after only four years. Even if they unveil it, it will be a test prototype which will certainly undergo several other tests and redesigns.

I am waiting for zafar cruise missile.

what do you think they will unveil on airforce day?

I know they will unveil the water patrol plane.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom