What's new

Iran: A "Role Model" For Pakistan To Get Self-Reliance in Defence

So why don't Pakistan start mining them for export.

The reason is our government is slowed down by corruption and these kind of long term plans for development need a government that its aim is not short term gain but long term benefits for the country. But if a government knows that in next election it is going to be replaced, it would not bother with long term plans and only does momentary short term projects.

The reason is our government is slowed down by corruption and these kind of long term plans for development need a government that its aim is not short term gain but long term benefits for the country. But if a government knows that in next election it is going to be replaced, it would not bother with long term plans and only does momentary short term projects.

Maybe below will help things move along:

Russia, Iran offer to lay Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline
Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 9:39:36 by Fayyaz Yaseen

Islamabad: (Tuesday, March 13, 2012) lending a helping hand to energy as well as cash starved Pakistan, Iran and Russia have expressed interest in laying the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline.

In order to determine feasibility of the offer, Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) has formed a Federal Cabinet body.

The ECC could only decide on the formation of federal cabinet body when it was briefed about the proposal in a meeting held having Federal Minister for Finance Dr. Hafeez Sheikh in the chair.

The committee that is to decide on deliberating on Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline is comprised of Federal Minister Syed Naveed Qamar, Dr. Asim Hussain, Federal Secretary for Economic Affairs and Finance and Governor State Bank of Pakistan.
According to news, the body has been directed to submit its report within 2 to 3 days.

It was also shared in the meeting that Iran has offered a sum of 250 million dollars for initial financing of the project.

In its proceeding, the ECC also approved a sum of 6.10 billion for Pakistan Railways to repair and restore the broken down locomotives.

The meeting also formed a committee to take stock of exporting 1.280 million tones wheat to Iran.

Maybe below will help things move along:

Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 9:39:36 by Fayyaz Yaseen

Islamabad: (Tuesday, March 13, 2012) lending a helping hand to energy as well as cash starved Pakistan, Iran and Russia have expressed interest in laying the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline.

In order to determine feasibility of the offer, Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) has formed a Federal Cabinet body.

The ECC could only decide on the formation of federal cabinet body when it was briefed about the proposal in a meeting held having Federal Minister for Finance Dr. Hafeez Sheikh in the chair.

The committee that is to decide on deliberating on Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline is comprised of Federal Minister Syed Naveed Qamar, Dr. Asim Hussain, Federal Secretary for Economic Affairs and Finance and Governor State Bank of Pakistan.
According to news, the body has been directed to submit its report within 2 to 3 days.

It was also shared in the meeting that Iran has offered a sum of 250 million dollars for initial financing of the project.

In its proceeding, the ECC also approved a sum of 6.10 billion for Pakistan Railways to repair and restore the broken down locomotives.

The meeting also formed a committee to take stock of exporting 1.280 million tones wheat to Iran.

I agree. We definitely need gas and power from Iran in order to solve our energy shortage problem. But that is not all. We also need to start our mining sector which has been comatosed for the past several decades. There are several mines in Pakistan with confirmed deposits of copper, iron, tin and chromium that can supply Pakistan economy with hundreds of billions of dollars in a decade if their reserves are extracted and exported. Maybe we should also cooperate with Russia and Iran on these projects as well. It is certainly better than begging west for peanuts of a few billion dollars.

Anyone who has had the opportunity to visit Iran during the Shah and now will agree that Iranian economy and general well-being of average Iranian was far better before the Islamic revolution than it is now. Besides, I love Persian poetry especially of Saadi, Hafiz and Omar Khayyam. I therefore have a little soft spot for the Iranians.

I have been visiting Iran since my student days. Once during summer holidays I drove to Pakistan via Turkey & Iran with a few friends. On the way I had the good fortune to visit rural Iran as well as the major cities. That was in 1964; a few decades later I had the chance to visit some places such as Esfahan and Persepolis again. I was shocked at the decline in urban upkeep as well as an increase in the poverty level. This after oil prices and increased about twenty fold!

Regret to disappoint you but I am not secular but I don’t like religion forced down my throat be it Shia or Sunni. Ultimate aim of any regime is welfare of the people, both in this world and hereafter. Having both Shias and Sunnis in my family, I am not anti-Shia either, if anything I am anti Wahhabi/Salafin; thus my comments about Iran are not religiously motivated but based upon personal observation. However, I don’t care about any Mullah dominated regime that cares less about the spirit of the religion but more about the rituals. Everything is dominated by the dogma with little regard or knowledge of the politics or economics.

Here is a very rich country sitting on top of huge reserves of gas and oil and blessed with educated and literate population. Why then is the country lagging behind and not having the best economy in the Middle East? Just go to Tehran and compare it with Dubai or Abu Dhabi or Doha and ask yourself the question, why isn’t Iran doing as well? It is because of the inept rulers and wrong domestic and foreign policies.

However, no one can argue with a blinkered approach to ‘Cause & Effect’ analysis. You are welcome to your opinion. Suppose you would also like Pakistanis to put US Embassy under siege as Iranian did under Khomeini?

I for one wouldn’t want Pakistan to use Iran as a role model for anything.
So how old are you now man like 80.

I agree. We definitely need gas and power from Iran in order to solve our energy shortage problem. But that is not all. We also need to start our mining sector which has been comatosed for the past several decades. There are several mines in Pakistan with confirmed deposits of copper, iron, tin and chromium that can supply Pakistan economy with hundreds of billions of dollars in a decade if their reserves are extracted and exported. Maybe we should also cooperate with Russia and Iran on these projects as well. It is certainly better than begging west for peanuts of a few billion dollars.
So it's the corruption that hold the country from moving and to some extent the extremist, I believe Pakistan in to A Pakistani Spring version like the Arab Spring to put the country on the right track and viva Pakistan.

I think the future is for Pakistan to work with Iran Russians and Chinese to mutual benefit

bhai hame bhool gaye aapp

Mate that would be the ideal situation. But God has bestowed us and you with imbeciles as leaders and but I think India will have to make a stark choice in the future whether to back its neighbours or stand by outsiders like America

india is ahead of iran and is 4 th powerfull country in world and is 2nd fastest growing economy in world. plz give a thought abt making india a role model.. we r right beside ur country.

india is ahead of iran and is 4 th powerfull country in world and is 2nd fastest growing economy in world. plz give a thought abt making india a role model.. we r right beside ur country.

Is that why you Indians fawn over Americans and Israelis. I mean you needed help in Kargill a nation of 1.2 billion incredible Indians needed assistance from Israel a nation of 4 milliion

Is that why you Indians fawn over Americans and Israelis. I mean you needed help in Kargill a nation of 1.2 billion incredible Indians needed assistance from Israel a nation of 4 milliion

which help ur talking abt? plzz enlighten me. anyways choosing role models on pdf has no point, especially abt pakistan. in my post i talked abt economic development and rise of a nation like india but u brought me back to war and history. good job pakistan is a role model for itself.

Bad, bad... Iran is surviving because it has customers for oil... But if Pakistan were to act like Iran... I shudder thinking about it.

Dear, India is not and should not be anyone's role model.

Bad, bad... Iran is surviving because it has customers for oil... But if Pakistan were to act like Iran... I shudder thinking about it.

Dear, India is not and should not be anyone's role model.

keep the same thinking and u think u will succeed? india is a role model for many countries who want to achieve growth rates like us. if u close ur eyes the whole doesnt go dark.

Back
Top Bottom