What's new

IPL 2011

kochi-tuskers-jersey-ipl.jpg

Our jersey..
GAYYYYYYYYYYY:taz:

I do not like the Kochi team jersey, well lets see how will it shows in the ground

Al least they can choose one of this colours lol...

125px-Flag_of_the_Kingdom_of_Cochin.svg.png

(Flag of princely state of Cochin)

Ever heard of South australian cptain Klinger??? Seen how cleanly Tissera perrira hit those boundaries in finals, Seen Jayawardne having a wonderful T20 career and fresh from a century in finals, heard of lucky charm sreesanth, heard of mcculluum ( yeah he's gonna be a biggie this time around, ever dependant murali, bowlers who bowl tight line like RP singh, vinay kumar, misery allrounder Jadeja, australian prosect Steven smith, hastings, young talent o keefe, hard hitting tanmay srivastwa , kedar yadav.. successful chennai opener parthiv, yaa add Hodge and owais shah too..:kiss3:

You just said it all man!! :lol:

KKR Will Do Well with Gambhir at Helm: Akram

Kolkata Knight Riders bowling consultant Wasim Akram today hoped that the team would do well under new captain Gautam Gambhir and, it is time to look beyond local icon Sourav Ganguly.

"It's time to move on. Har cheez ka ek time hota hai (There is a time for everything)," Akram replied when asked about what will be the mindset of a team that won't have the former India captain in its line-up.

"We have a new captain (Gambhir), we have a young side with different mindsets," Akram said.

The legendary Pakistani left-arm pacer, however, said there were no hard feelings for Ganguly.

"Sourav Ganguly is one of my very close friends and he is like family. We will miss him as a leader. But it's time to move on," the 44-year-old said on the sidelines of KKR's practice in the build up to the IPL opener against Chennai Super Kings on April 8.

Akram said the first goal was to make it to the semis and with India's World Cup winning duo of Gautam Gambhir and Yusuf Pathan in the ranks, the side would be high on confidence.

"The aim is always to play in the final. We came sixth last year, but we played well, though we were a bit short on the run-rate. Things have improved. First goal is to qualify for the semi-finals and from there on we will see."

He said that the strength has bolstered due to the presence of Yusuf Pathan and Gautam Gambhir.

"The captain is the guy who is going to lead from the front. With all the World Cup success behind them, I'm sure it's going to rub in on the players."

He said his job was to teach technicalities to bowlers as also about wrist positioning, the bounce, ball positioning and how to bowl.

"I really enjoyed my stint last year. The boys are very responsive. It's a very good side. It's an exciting time for me to build a new team for the IPL-4," he said.

The KKR bowling consultant said the team had pace attack to be led by Australian strike bowler Brett Lee.

"(James) Pattison is very sharp. Jaydev played for India last year. He is still very young. He has a bright future for him. We have Balaji, who is very experienced. Lee is the fastest bowler in the world. There were also another left-arm pacer in Pradeep Sangwan. Then there is local kid Sami Ahmed.

I have heard a lot about Sami. It's time to share my experiences with them and give something back to these youngsters."

Akram is also hopeful that Bangladesh captain Shakib-al Hassan and Jacques Kallis will prove to be useful with their all-round abilities.

"In T20, the more all rounders you have, the better it is. (Jacques) Kallis is there. Shakib al Hasan is one of the best players in one-day cricket. He can bowl with the new ball, he can open the innings as well as come at No 6. Shakib will be the first choice, but let him come back after this series (against Australia). I am very impressed with his performance over the past few years."

Stating that Lee and Shakib would make a difference, he said that there were also very good batsmen.

"Gautam as captain, Dav as coach, we have a good enough programme and are planning to do well in IPL IV."

news.outlookindia.com | KKR Will Do Well with Gambhir at Helm: Akram

why the hell did Kochi selected Pink color for their jersey ??? Looks Pathetic

I Luv Delhi daredevils Jersey :smitten:

To rock for the Tuskers

19rock1.jpg.crop_display.jpg

The energy at at DJ Savio Mendez’s Event Entertainment office was palpable on Thursday.

A young and enthusiastic bunch of aspiring musicians from all across Kerala were preparing for what could perhaps be one of their biggest auditions. Those selected would form the Kochi Tuskers Kerala Rockers, which will be the official rock band for the Kochi IPL team. Moreover, the band would have 45-minute performances before the IPL matches on April 9, 18 and 27.

“Kerala has always been known as the ultimate tourist destination of India. With the launch of this band, Kerala will also be renowned as the musical destination of the country,” says an official of the Kochi Tuskers Kerala. The IPL, which has always promoted music and entertainment along with cricket, hopes to unleash the hidden musical talent in Kerala, he says.

Following the announcement of the audition schedules, more than 15 bands from Kerala registered.

The Eventz Entertainment group will handle the auditions, which will be held in three schedules, with a judging panel comprising DJ Savio and a representative from the Kochi Tuskers Kerala.

“We did not want a team of veterans performing for the tuskers. This should be a wacky team, fresh from different pockets of the God’s Own Country,” says Savio Mendez.

“I just can’t check my excitement thinking about the magnitude of the opportunity. I am trying hard to make it in to the band,” says Hamraz, the vocalist of Saptak, a 7-member band from Thiruvananthapuram.

Desmone, who belongs to a niche bands, La Kochi, too is super excited to showcase his innovative music that is a mishmash of hip-hop and rap.

Two more schedules of the auditions are yet to be held. Individual vocalists, or even an entire band, will be selected. The selected musicians will have to undergo one more final screening before making it into the official team band.

To rock for the Tuskers | Deccan Chronicle

Silsila illenkil njan ipl "boycott" cheyyum. "National anthem" illathe kali thudangan sammatikilla.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom