What's new

International Movies/photos

Mirage fantastics moves

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely beautiful. By far the best acquisition by the IAF.

Here is my favourite of the M2K being flown by ALA (French Air Force) for the movie "Les Chevaliers Du Ciel".

[youtube]

And my favourite of the Viper (TuAF) taking on Greek Mirage 2000s and F-16s over Aegean.

Awesome video with great background:

[youtube]

Is the turn rate of the F-16 intercepting purposely slow or is that the extent of its capability at such height? I see that the other aircraft was trying to slow down in order to avoid the intercepting aircraft.

Amazing video.
Never knew that Greeks will let Turks come so close and be at their mercy at Gun ranges. :undecided: Because of close ranges, missile lock could not be achieved (except once). All fights were below 14,000 feet, which is a dream altitude for air combat and mostly the speeds were towards lower regimes (under 300 knots), probably because of vertical manoeuvring.

Its heart warming to see even in this BVRs era, such classic close combat (stick and throttle) hasn’t lost its value. Instead of F-16C Vs Mirage 2000/F-16C, these interceptions looked more like F-6 Vs F-7P.

Is the turn rate of the F-16 intercepting purposely slow or is that the extent of its capability at such height? I see that the other aircraft was trying to slow down in order to avoid the intercepting aircraft.

Most Dog-Fights are taken place at Subsonic speeds.

The Italians fly both the F-16s and the Typhoon. As per them in a recently published article in AFM, under 10K ft altitude, F-16 is just as good as the Typhoon but above 10K, the viper comes nowhere close to the Typhoon. One thing to keep in mind is that none of the Italian F-16s are JHMCS/AIM-9x equipped and they use APG-66 radar with AIM-120C5s. In PAF's case, the radar is also upgraded in addition to the JHMCS. So all in all, Viper is not that shabby even in this day and age..;)

Back
Top Bottom