What's new

Interesting read about 4th generation fighters

No No NO! we have had this discussion ad nuaseam in a previous thread! I am sorry but as I have said IAF does not have tech superiority except in possibly a internet pundits mind. R-77 or AIM120? AIM120 please! Russian N011-M Bars or APG-68v9? APG please! (good enough for the SUFA good enough for the PAF) etc etc........

It amazes me that you guys think that PAK will buy inferior platforms.......WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT????????????

I was actually laughing while reading your post!!!!!!
That is WHY, i said apart from F-16, or u'd be jumping on me!

I said individually that means a JF-17 cannot individully match Su-30, or MiG 29, hell lets keep JF-17 out of the picture. J-10 is a good match for MiG 29's and Mirage 2005's. But my point was that PAF does not have technical superiority while you may still argue that IAF does. In such a sceario, you either need tech or numbers. Not having either is plain foolish.

I was actually laughing while reading your post!!!!!!
That is WHY, i said apart from F-16, or u'd be jumping on me!

I said individually that means a JF-17 cannot individully match Su-30, or MiG 29, hell lets keep JF-17 out of the picture. J-10 is a good match for MiG 29's and Mirage 2005's. But my point was that PAF does not have technical superiority while you may still argue that IAF does. In such a sceario, you either need tech or numbers. Not having either is plain foolish.

If you kept yourself up to date, you would know that the ACM said in the Thunder briefing last week, that with JF-17 we are able to handle MiG-29 currently in Indian inventory, and it's not a threat, I would take his words over any arm chair general.

Its foolish of you not knowing that PAF is looking at Europe for tech to put in the plane and so forth as well on the J-10 since the Chinese ones didn't meet PAF specifications.

If you kept yourself up to date, you would know that the ACM said in the Thunder briefing last week, that with JF-17 we are able to handle MiG-29 currently in Indian inventory, and it's not a threat, I would take his words over any arm chair general.
Ofcourse he'd say that, an ACM wont say in public that the planes he just bought cant match the planes of the rival country!
BTW what he said is true, that JF-17's could match the MiG 29's that were there in IAF inventory. The MiG 29's are now undergoing a complete upgrade. They will be upgraded to MiG 29SMT2, with new engines, completely new avionics, etc, etc, etc, etc . The whole works.

Its foolish of you not knowing that PAF is looking at Europe for tech to put in the plane and so forth as well on the J-10 since the Chinese ones didn't meet PAF specifications.
I know PAF is looking to Europe for its tech to put on the planes. But lets wait and see when the tech actually gets in the planes.

BTW what he said is true, that JF-17's could match the MiG 29's that were there in IAF inventory. The MiG 29's are now undergoing a complete upgrade. They will be upgraded to MiG 29SMT2, with new engines, completely new avionics, etc, etc, etc, etc . The whole works.

tell me what make thunder inferior to mig29??

PAF - Also, know the modernization for PAF is to be completed by 2015

250 JF-17's (At the VERY maximum)
80 F-16's
40 J-10's (Once we get our western package for them)

Total: 370 top line fighters (also not PAF chief said number will soon jump above 400+), that PAF might soon look for another alternative besides the J-10 and F-16 in the future, but that is to be seen.

I will add more hold it

Back
Top Bottom