What's new

Intelligence agencies reject Pak's proposed roaming plan in India

Aarush

Reaction score
Country
India
India TV news desk [ Updated 08 Feb 2014, 11:16:53 ]
Intelligence-ag33368.jpg

New Delhi: Indian intelligence agencies rejected Pakistan's proposal seeking roaming services in India for its nationals using their home mobile numbers on visits to the country.

According to sources senior representatives of Intelligence Bureau and Research and Analysis Wing expressed serious reservations over the proposal at a meeting held with the home ministry last week.

The official, however, added that the ministry was trying to convince both the agencies to come around and accept the long-pending proposal.

Pakistan has proposed to offer in return roaming services to Indians using their domestic numbers on visits to the country.

The commerce ministry and telecom department have been pushing the proposal to allow mobile operators to allow roaming facilities.

Roaming is not available for Indians in Pakistan and vice-versa while citizens of both countries are allowed the facility in every other country.

This puts visitors from both sides at great inconvenience, especially since procuring prepaid SIM cards for Indians in Pakistan and vice-versa is extremely difficult, an official said.

Intelligence agencies reject Pak's proposed roaming plan in India

seriously ministry is playing with national interest. as of now its not good to accept this offer and they also trying to convenience our intelligence agency...on what basis..??? if accepted, it would be the extra burden on RAW and IB.

Question: Does Pakistan provide a similar roaming plan for the Indians visiting Pakistan?
Answer: :no:

Question: Does Pakistan provide a similar roaming plan for the Indians visiting Pakistan?
Answer: :no:
So we are stuck on this are we? Keep pointing fingers...he doesnt do it so why should I...Ego involved? Def!

So we are stuck on this are we? Keep pointing fingers...he doesnt do it so why should I...Ego involved? Def!
Well yes and no. Certain things need to be done to break the trust deficit and Pakistan's state-backed exporting of terrorism to India must be the number 1 issue they address. Yes, yes, you guys will try to make out this goes two ways but let's be real- the world knows how it really is. Pakistan's links with terror groups is well documented and understood by now, some of your own officals/milaitary personal don't even try to hide it anymore. The evidence against Pakistan (from an objective point of view) is irrefutable and the size of a mountain, as much as you guy would like to point fingers there is little to no actual credible evidence against India.

I'm pretty sure you guys won't agree with me but oh well, nothing will change I guess.

Shouldn't be a problem i guess.... moreover we can keep a check on all active pakistani numbers in india which is better then then keeping check on pakistanis using indian SIM....

After 25 years of fighting Pakistani sponsored terrorism maybe its better to keep Pakistanis out of the country until the terrorism stops.

Well yes and no. Certain things need to be done to break the trust deficit and Pakistan's state-backed exporting of terrorism to India must be the number 1 issue they address. Yes, yes, you guys will try to make out this goes two ways but let's be real- the world knows how it really is. Pakistan's links with terror groups is well documented and understood by now, some of your own officals/milaitary personal don't even try to hide it anymore. The evidence against Pakistan (from an objective point of view) is irrefutable and the size of a mountain, as much as you guy would like to point fingers there is little to no actual credible evidence against India.

I'm pretty sure you guys won't agree with me but oh well, nothing will change I guess.
So you agree with the ego bit...That is all I wrote about Cant be bothered to read about the rest of nonsense you dragged in!

i dont see the problem, intelligence agncies can still keep tab on them easily, infact much more easily.

Back
Top Bottom