What's new

Indus River Valley, Pakistan by ISRO

...The 'Greenery' radiates to lot less distance then the Nile....
Indus is not it used to be many years ago...???

ISRO trolled us, Google Earth give more clear picture than this. What is purpose of releasing low quality picture of taken by high resolution camera of a spy satellite.

ISRO has to start somewhere. And Sat. Imaging is new to ISRO correct? You cant just hire all PhD and other smarta$$es and expect something better than NASA, NOAA, NRA, NGA who have been doing this for decades.

Google Earth bought rights from high quality imaging sat.s.

Thəorətic Muslim;4507208 said:
ISRO has to start somewhere. And Sat. Imaging is new to ISRO correct? You cant just hire all PhD and other smarta$$es and expect something better than NASA, NOAA, NRA, NGA who have been doing this for decades.

Our sats are high resolution too. I don't know why or how many pictures they released.

Thəorətic Muslim;4507208 said:

They can't release high resolution pictures because it is taken by spy satellite in military use. I mean to say they don't to release such degraded pictures because it is already available.

Any pics in the 1m resolution? I remember seeing one with one meter resolution in my university taken by an IRS. I'd love to see what the new satellites are capable of.

Google search gave me this Cartosat-2 image
image_gallery

This pic is from IRS. Not sure which one.
irs-satellite-image-bangladesh-web.jpg

But am not able to find the higher resolution pictures. I was looking at a picture from an ISRO satellite where I could almost identify the car. Hope some insider posts better pictures :D

ISRO trolled us, Google Earth give more clear picture than this. What is purpose of releasing low quality picture of taken by high resolution camera of a spy satellite.

You are comparing apples to oranges. The map you see on google earth is different than this.

Multispectral pattern recognition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both have different applications.

Check this out,

ISRO's Geoportal | Gateway to Indian Earth Observation | 2D Viewer

Thats ISRO's google earth equivalent.

...The 'Greenery' radiates to lot less distance then the Nile....
Indus is not it used to be many years ago...???

the left side is the mountaineous Balochistan, the green fields extend in the right hand side of the river

sindh needs to prove again that we are the centre of human civilization like 5000 years ago

Dwarka was much before(17000 year ago) than IVC .. Now it is resting in sea (because of meltdown)..:P Dwarka ppl moved to IVC and Deccan and populated it

Google search gave me this Cartosat-2 image
image_gallery

But am not able to find the higher resolution pictures. I was looking at a picture from an ISRO satellite where I could almost identify the car. Hope some insider posts better pictures :D

Mumbai! rit???

You are comparing apples to oranges. The map you see on google earth is different than this.

Multispectral pattern recognition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both have different applications.

Check this out,

ISRO's Geoportal | Gateway to Indian Earth Observation | 2D Viewer

Thats ISRO's google earth equivalent.

Thanks for posting 1st sensible post in this thread :D

Mumbai! rit???

Can't you see 2 cricket grounds? :D

Its Mumbaaaiiii

Back
Top Bottom