What's new

Indo-Bangla celebrations to mark Tagore`s 150th birth anniversary

I have never really understood why Muslims in our sub-continent are in a perpetual state of identity crises. Pakis think they are Arabian, never mind they are treated like sh!t over there. The Bangladeshis think they too are middle eastern or something.

Try to be who you are first before you try to become someone else :hitwall:

That's the problems you indians have. We muslims don't suffer from identity crisis, its you who suffer from Identity crisis. Do you
want us to follow our ancestors culture that involved paganism? Well those cultural aspects that goes against Islamic principles
is prohibited in islam. That's why we have a different culture than W.bengal. Our wedding ceremonies, the way we dress, the
way we greet people, the way we eat, the way of our thinking, our values and principles all changed with the introduction of
Islam. With this kind of ranting you indians show your hidden aspiration of converting the muslim population of subcontinent.
You guys dream of Akhand bharat and hate every muslims of the region. To you your culture and to us ours. The quickly you to come to accept this fact the better will it be for India.

That's the problems you indians have. We muslims don't suffer from identity crisis, its you who suffer from Identity crisis. Do you
want us to follow our ancestors culture that involved paganism? Well those cultural aspects that goes against Islamic principles
is prohibited in islam. That's why we have a different culture than W.bengal. Our wedding ceremonies, the way we dress, the
way we greet people, the way we eat, the way of our thinking, our values and principles all changed with the introduction of
Islam. With this kind of ranting you indians show your hidden aspiration of converting the muslim population of subcontinent.
You guys dream of Akhand bharat and hate every muslims of the region. To you your culture and to us ours. The quickly you to come to accept this fact the better will it be for India.

Umm...the last I checked, we still call ourselves "Indian", "Hindustani", both name signify someone who lives in the Indian sub-continent. We did not go about blindly reading Sanskrit and made it the official language. We still have a plethora of languages across various states. My identity is "Indian" and I am very happy with that Identity. I do not have an identity crises

You on the other hand is in a crises situation where you are trying to be an Islamist and a Bangladeshi. You want to emulate the Arabs, despite the fact that Islam was introduced by Turkish emperors. You want to read and write Arabic, when Bengali is your nation language. It is you who is having a hard time making up his/her mind.

That coupled with a serious inferiority complex, which pushes you to zealously want to seem superior. You only end up sounding as an un-educated, hateful buffoon who has no place in the 21st century, so you flock here spreading hate.

Name one thing you have done for BD or for the BD people which has shown a direct impact on their life?

Umm...the last I checked, we still call ourselves "Indian", "Hindustani", both name signify someone who lives in the Indian sub-continent. We did not go about blindly reading Sanskrit and made it the official language. We still have a plethora of languages across various states. My identity is "Indian" and I am very happy with that Identity. I do not have an identity crises

You on the other hand is in a crises situation where you are trying to be an Islamist and a Bangladeshi. You want to emulate the Arabs, despite the fact that Islam was introduced by Turkish emperors. You want to read and write Arabic, when Bengali is your nation language. It is you who is having a hard time making up his/her mind.

That coupled with a serious inferiority complex, which pushes you to zealously want to seem superior. You only end up sounding as an un-educated, hateful buffoon who has no place in the 21st century, so you flock here spreading hate.

Name one thing you have done for BD or for the BD people which has shown a direct impact on their life?

Why the hell do you indians come to talk about something you have no idea off.Islam is for the whole world and all ethnicity and
that's why it spread throughout the world. It doesn't matter whether am African or turks bought Islam here in S.asia. Whether
african arab turk or bengali the only thing that matters in Islam is piety and God conscious. Allah(swt) will not see our race
color or ethnicity but our deed and faith. Nothing else matters.

And as for learning Arabic, well we need to learn arabic to read the Quran and for prayers and all languages are gift of
Allah(swt) including your Hindi and so there is no conflict of languages here. Infact Islam encourages the practice of mother
language since it helps understand Quran and Islam better. On friday prayer's it is encouraged to give the sermon in mother tongue for easy understanding.

Islam is not an arabic religion but religion for whole of mankind and an Arab is not necessarily a model muslim. Even Arabs don't
don't claim that Islam is their religion since its prohibited to say so.

This thread speaks a lot about the quality of upbringing of some Bangladeshis. You must be particularly wretched to refer Tagore as TagWhore.

Or Urdu :D

But Bangladeshi people should respect a poet of such calibre. He even won a Nobel; and Bangladesh's national Anthem is one of his poems.
And I don't think Tagore was "Hindu" or "Indian" by soul, but rather "Bengali"; and hailed form an Undivided India under the British, so technically speaking doesn't belong to either Purbo or Paschim :)

Thanks for your valuable words, as I always have said, Pakistanis in this forum show a lot more grace than some Bangladeshis.

Hahaha so you came out from your jail term :lol:

So you keep stalking me. Creepy.

I don't hate tagore or anyhing, its just the anger that when I think that an Indian bengali wrote our national anthem. Our
National anthem doesn't have the word bangladesh in it.

Sare jahan se accha was written by a guy who played a pivotal role in dividing this country...still we like it and sing it with equal fervour.

You people need to grow up.

Sare jahan se accha was written by a guy who played a pivotal role in dividing this country...still we like it and sing it with equal fervour.

You people need to grow up.

They also need to change their National Poet, since he was an Indian Bengali(more so than Tagore).

Back
Top Bottom