What's new

India's Second A-50E Phalcon Exclusive Pictures

ironman

Reaction score
Country
India

You can see the serial No very clear in this pic. Its KW-3552, the former is KW-3551.​

And lastly already inducted Phalcon(KW-3551)​

Photos Courtesy :jetphotos.net
All photos taken by :Yochai Mossi

I have been telling you guys again and again that we are different.

KJ-2000. the same IL-76 fitted with a domestic radar. this is the only radar in its type that doesn't keep rotating when operating. can track targets within 1200km. 4 in service since 2005.

KJ-200. Y-8 fitted with a domestic radar, good for tracking navy targets. Going to sell a few to Pak soon. at least 4 in service since 2005.

KJ-20, Y-8 fitted with a scale down version of the KJ-2000 radar, will not enter PLAAF, designed for Pak.

KJ-1, finished in 1971, never saw active service in PLAAF

how about show your self respect? as a 1 billion nation, you even could design such a radar. while we have different types available.

:lol: we are different in that way.

DRDO's AWACS project to be complete by 2011 news
12 March 2008

New Delhi: The Defence Research and Development Organisation, the country's umbrella organisation that controls a multitude of defence laboratories whose work is spread across the spectrum of defence activities, is currently engaged in the development of an Airborne Early Warning and Control System (AWACS) at a cost of Rs1,800 crore.

The programme has a probable date of completion in the year 2011, according to the information provided by defence minister AK Antony in a written reply to Naveen Jindal in the Lok Sabha today.

The minister said that development and manufacture of an indigenous radar is included in the AWACS programme.

An Indian AWACS
As part of a $1.1 billion deal, signed in 2004, Israel is to supply three Phalcon AWACS systems to India with its radar and other systems mounted on three Russian-built Il-76 aircraft. The first of these aircraft may be delivered sometime in August-September this year, instead of the earlier delivery date in November 2007. Subsequent deliveries of follow -on aircraft will be made at intervals of approximately 9 months.

As for an indigenous system, DRDO's Centre for Airborne Systems (CABS) was designated as the lead development agency in 2004, five years after the previous indigenously developed AWACS prototype crashed in 1999.

The first prototype from the new programme was due to take to the air in 2007 and enter service by 2010. This now stand altered with the Indian Air Force changing requirements from a small AWACS platform (Embraer EMB-145 type platform) to a larger Boeing/Airbus platform.

The IAF had said in 2005 that the Embraer EMB-145 platform could not fly above 40,000 feet and that the radar's planned coverage range of 300 kilometres and 240 degrees was inadequate.

The weight of a heavier AWACS, which would meet revised IAF requirements, has gone up from about 4,500 kilograms to more than 7,000 kilograms, according to reports.

A larger Boeing/Airbus platform would also increase the price of the AWACS by more than 40 per cent.

Domestic companies and laboratories currently working with the DRDO on the AWACS project include Bharat Electronics Ltd, the Defence Avionics Research Establishment, and the Electronics and Radar Development Establishment

http://www.domain-b.com/aero/mil_avi/mil_aircraft/20080312_drdo.html#

target 2011? :smokin:

let me tell you one simple stats which is known to all Chinese military fans - to make a reliable radar to be operated on sea, it takes the US 2 years to work around the sea noise issue after its first sea trial, for USSR/Russia, it was 5-6 years hard working since its first sea trial.

so can I just ask when is your first sea trial? or maybe your fancy radar simply won't work on sea?

to give you even more clues, our radar (the KJ-2000 one) is completed in 1998, fitted onto the IL-76 in 2003, first flight in 2005, entered service in 2007.

do you still believe your DRDO propaganda material?

oh, you also deserve to know such high-end weapon's design experience are never come for free, during the R&D of our KJ-200 (the Y-8 one), we had one crash which killed 32 top scientists and engineers, just like the F-15/Su-27 crashes during its test flight.

Now you are going to tell me the indian project is going to complete it from nothing in 4 years? ask your russian master, they spent 5-6 years to just fix the noise issue.

typical indian propaganda from indian liar. otherwise you won't have a 30 years old arjun still not combat ready, you won't have a 25 years old LCA still not combat ready.

target 2011? :smokin:

let me tell you one simple stats which is known to all Chinese military fans - to make a reliable radar to be operated on sea, it takes the US 2 years to work around the sea noise issue after its first sea trial, for USSR/Russia, it was 5-6 years hard working since its first sea trial.

so can I just ask when is your first sea trial? or maybe your fancy radar simply won't work on sea?

to give you even more clues, our radar (the KJ-2000 one) is completed in 1998, fitted onto the IL-76 in 2003, first flight in 2005, entered service in 2007

DRDO's AWACS project to be complete by 2011 news
12 March 2008

New Delhi: The Defence Research and Development Organisation, the country's umbrella organisation that controls a multitude of defence laboratories whose work is spread across the spectrum of defence activities, is currently engaged in the development of an Airborne Early Warning and Control System (AWACS) at a cost of Rs1,800 crore.

The programme has a probable date of completion in the year 2011, according to the information provided by defence minister AK Antony in a written reply to Naveen Jindal in the Lok Sabha today.

The minister said that development and manufacture of an indigenous radar is included in the AWACS programme.

An Indian AWACS
As part of a $1.1 billion deal, signed in 2004, Israel is to supply three Phalcon AWACS systems to India with its radar and other systems mounted on three Russian-built Il-76 aircraft. The first of these aircraft may be delivered sometime in August-September this year, instead of the earlier delivery date in November 2007. Subsequent deliveries of follow -on aircraft will be made at intervals of approximately 9 months.

As for an indigenous system, DRDO's Centre for Airborne Systems (CABS) was designated as the lead development agency in 2004, five years after the previous indigenously developed AWACS prototype crashed in 1999.

The first prototype from the new programme was due to take to the air in 2007 and enter service by 2010. This now stand altered with the Indian Air Force changing requirements from a small AWACS platform (Embraer EMB-145 type platform) to a larger Boeing/Airbus platform.

The IAF had said in 2005 that the Embraer EMB-145 platform could not fly above 40,000 feet and that the radar's planned coverage range of 300 kilometres and 240 degrees was inadequate.

The weight of a heavier AWACS, which would meet revised IAF requirements, has gone up from about 4,500 kilograms to more than 7,000 kilograms, according to reports.

A larger Boeing/Airbus platform would also increase the price of the AWACS by more than 40 per cent.

Domestic companies and laboratories currently working with the DRDO on the AWACS project include Bharat Electronics Ltd, the Defence Avionics Research Establishment, and the Electronics and Radar Development Establishment

http://www.domain-b.com/aero/mil_avi...312_drdo.html#

a range of 4 are ready for order, please see above. according to the some sources, more models in R&D.

:wave:

Good. keep the arms race alive in asia. Some posts above you say Phalcon(voted as the best by americans) is a crap. Reason ? Coz you couldn't lay your hands on it ? Coz americans asked Israelis not to sell it to you :smokin:

Good. keep the arms race alive in asia. Some posts above you say Phalcon(voted as the best by americans) is a crap. Reason ? Coz you couldn't lay your hands on it ? Coz americans asked Israelis not to sell it to you :smokin:

we have made it clear, our radar never rotate 360 degrees all the time during operation, our radar can operate at longer range and tracking more targets.

so YES, it is a crap.

amercians asked their israeli friends not to sell the radar to us in early 2000. Israel paid full price ($200M USD) for breaking the contract.

then a new deal was reached in which Israel agreed to transfer the technology to China, because 1) Israel needs support in the UNSC when dealing its neighbor, 2) Israel sees China as a reliable friend, check how many Israelis stayed in my hometown Shanghai during the WWII and escaped from Nazi.

however, a bold however, we later found out the Israeli technology on that radar is a joke and thus broked the deal and walked away. you may also want to check the report how our single shot C-602 easily injured an Israeli navy ship in its war with lebs.

Please don't be stupid enough to call our radar based on Israeli technologies, as already said, our radar is the only one in this type that doesn't rotate and its range is longer while tracking more targets, the underneath mechanism is just different.

it also good to know the india domestic "prototype", I hope it can be better than the 1971 KJ-1 that we designed.

I have been telling you guys again and again that we are different.

KJ-2000. the same IL-76 fitted with a domestic radar. this is the only radar in its type that doesn't keep rotating when operating. can track targets within 1200km. 4 in service since 2005.
1200km? :lol: To get that sorta range you have launch this thing into space? Or, is it a magical all seeing Chinese mushroom? :no:

1200km? :lol: To get that sorta range you have launch this thing into space? Or, is it a magical all seeing Chinese mushroom? :no:

my mistake. its 500km. I heard its range is 1000 Li, which equals to 500km.

Li (length) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you are more than welcomed to double check the following facts:

1. the Chinese one can track both aircrafts and tanks. india's junk can't.
2. the solid state radar on the Chinese one is one generation ahead of india's junk which has to keep rotating.
3. india's junk can't track 100 targets.
4. india's junk can't operate at 400-500km.

:smokin: let me know if there is any further error you can find.

2. the solid state radar on the Chinese one is one generation ahead of india's junk which has to keep rotating.

You might also want to check why the radar is placed in a rotadome.

Were you aware China almost went ahead to get Phalcon which was then undone at the behest of USA by Isreal?

Grapes are sour!

Were you aware China almost went ahead to get Phalcon which was then undone at the behest of USA by Isreal?

Grapes are sour!

you can't deny the facts which I clearly listed above. let me ask you again:

1. whether the india one can track both aircraft and tanks?
2. whether the india one can track 100 targets?
3. whether the india one need to rotate the radar?

no troll please, 3 simple yes/no questions.

:blah:

then a new deal was reached in which Israel agreed to transfer the technology to China, because 1) Israel needs support in the UNSC when dealing its neighbor, 2) Israel sees China as a reliable friend, check how many Israelis stayed in my hometown Shanghai during the WWII and escaped from Nazi.

:blah:

Please don't be stupid enough to call our radar based on Israeli technologies, as already said, our radar is the only one in this type that doesn't rotate and its range is longer while tracking more targets, the underneath mechanism is just different.

it also good to know the india domestic "prototype", I hope it can be better than the 1971 KJ-1 that we designed.

Everybody who's paid rudimentary attention in the last little while gets the basic idea that the Chinese AWAC technology "benefited" aplenty from overt and covert Israeli technology transfers - the acknowledging of which does NOT downplay domestic resourcefulness and creative "indigenization".

How do you know India (or Pakistan) won't be able to do that over time - if not to the same extent, but at least achieve the same purpose?

Who cares if the Saffron American Brigade wants to indulge in their usual "Likud is family, we out-neocon the neocons" serenade? If the brigade is bent on selling mother India to the highest bidder in cahoots with the Saffron Bharat Division - it's still up to other Indians to approve of or stop them in their tracks.

You the head clown has nothing to do with that.

But worst of all, if the Indians all over the world wanna spend the day gathering around the "Indian Defence" sub-forum admiring the pictures of their new AWACS, can you at least be decent enough not to come here to shed your crap for 48hs?

And tactically, if China does have under-the-table dealings with Israel (ahem), you think it makes a "little patriot" out of creeps like yourself to announce it with a megaphone? Did you miss Mr. Muse's memo on being "pragmatic"?

Of course, it's all too much to ask from you - to hold your pants up that is. Oh I get it, your uncle the 1979 veteran gave you the low-down again ... :disagree:

If you really had an uncle who is a veteran, I'm not sure if he would want to own up the family connection.

And how many "Jewish refugees" did your family put up in Shanghai back in the days?

And did you personally work on the Long March Rockets that were entirely manufactured/assembled in Shanghai even before I left? I am sure they were made by engineers stroking their xxxxs just the way you specializes.

Look in the mirror, you are but a visa student studying something in Aussie-land. Don't break your two fingers typing. Leave mongering to mongerers.

And leave m@sturbation in your bedroom ...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom