What's new

India's Path To Becoming The Next Global Superpower

India has the capacity to become a great power. Yet it first needs to correct its huge amount of income inequality. Even after distributing the income equally, India still have a long road ahead of itself. India's current GDP per capita is $1,371 which is very low. Being a great power doesnt mean to intimidate others. Being a great poer means to influence others with economic,technoligical and political prowess. If India's GDP per capita reaches above 30.000$ then we can call her a super power. But currently, India has a lot of barriers.

I agree. That's why i said in post #37, We need to improve our economy 1st. May be after 10-12 years, We will be in much better positions.

Per capita of 30,000 $ not possible, due to huge population. Same case for China. We will be developing nation for next 20-30 years atleast. But even, If we reach stable Middle-Class group, That would be fine.

Also, Most importantly, We don't have such intention or desire. 90% Indians don't think, We can become Super-power even in next 20 years !!

China, Russia, France, UK have better chance to become next 4 Super-Power. Even Turkey has capability to become next super-power. :tup:

Why these threads on India and Superpower...they are ridiculous….. India has a looooooooong way to go.

Anyone who starts a thread on "India become Superpower" should be banned. It's totally ridiculous.

Mod should banned OP. ;)

How can we become super power when 90% Indians don't even want to become ?? :lol:

I'm more concerned about India 's malnourishment , hunger , literacy , agriculture mismanagement

I'm more concerned about India 's malnourishment , hunger , literacy , agriculture mismanagement

Don't forget our primary and higher education levels which are a joke. 50% of the teachers in rural areas do not even show up to class and yet we are talking about India becoming a Superpower.

can you not bring china into this thread, china is long way behind super power india

I don't think so.

China GDP is 3.5 times bigger than India. I am not day-dreamer, Nothing wrong in accepting the fact. :)

I agree, China is also developing country and long long way to go. May be after 20 years, But China will become Super power before India, that is sure.

India has the capacity to become a great power. Yet it first needs to correct its huge amount of income inequality. Even after distributing the income equally, India still have a long road ahead of itself. India's current GDP per capita is $1,371 which is very low. Being a great power doesnt mean to intimidate others. Being a great poer means to influence others with economic,technoligical and political prowess. If India's GDP per capita reaches above 30.000$ then we can call her a super power. But currently, India has a lot of barriers.

Not necessary.. how much Americans spend on food; we only spend a fraction of a portion of that amount, or less. I can recall that as a child when there would be times where we did not eat and drink for days, we would literally dig up ground water to drink and forage for leafs and grass to eat. Can Americans do that? To say we are not a Super Power simply by looking the differences in GDP is most preposterous.. While European Americans makes at least $20,000 [dollar] to "live like an American"; psychologically/spiritually speaking of course, Indians only need make $20 [dollar equivalent].

We are not hindered by anything from being a Super Power -- economy, one of the largest and most dynamic; political, largest Democracy and as an aside, more English speakers than Great Britain and United States combined; military, the most powerful, our Brahmos can take out every single carrier in the US Navy Fleet with ease. Put the three together and maybe you will understand why we are a Superpower.

China can become next super-power, that is sure. China has 3600 Nukes and we have merely 100-300 may be. 1/10th. :cry:

Well, right now you don't even have the deployed ICBM regiment, so thousand nukes won't make a difference without any launching platform.

Your nuclear arsenal cannot threaten the US, so you won't gain their respect.

Well, right now you don't even have the deployed ICBM regiment, so thousand nukes won't make a difference without any launching platform.

Your nuclear arsenal cannot threaten the US, so you won't gain their respect.

We do not need a 10,000km ICBM the Agni 5 suits our requirements just fine.

Not necessary.. how much Americans spend on food; we only spend a fraction of a portion of that amount, or less. I can recall that as a child when there would be times where we did not eat and drink for days, we would literally dig up ground water to drink and forage for leafs and grass to eat. Can Americans do that? To say we are not a Super Power simply by looking the differences in GDP is most preposterous.. While European Americans makes at least $20,000 [dollar] to "live like an American"; psychologically speaking of course, Indians only need make $20 [dollar equivalent].

We are not hindered by anything from being a Super Power -- economy, one of the largest and most dynamic; political, largest Democracy and as an aside, more English speakers than Great Britain and United States combined; military, the most powerful, our Brahmos can take out every single carrier in the US Navy Fleet with ease. Put the three together and maybe you will understand why we are a Superpower.

If you guys fall for his posts- after seeing his ridiclous statement as highlighted " eat grass" ,if you think this guys is for " real" -- then indians are more easily fooled than what I imagined. he is making a mockery of you all....

the chiense here already fell for him be a " friend" of china-- will you ?

Venkata Venmuri I do not know who you are or what kind of game you are playing but things do not look good.

If you guys fall for his posts- after seeing his ridiclous statement as highlighted ,if you think this guys is for " real" -- then indians are more easily fooled than what I imagined.

Brother, I was merely showing that Indians are very strong willed people. If you truly are Indian you will know that even at the most difficult and cruel times, that we will always pull through. This has always been the case for Indians. Your country do not grow to over billion in population by not being the toughest people in the world. I do not know how old you are, but I am 62. When I was a child, times were indeed extremely cruel and we did absolutely what ever was necessary for survival. If you do not believe that we ate leafs and drank from the ground, then you will likely not believe it if I told you where we slept. But today India is different. Learning about the past is like a completely different world, and indeed it was. Because of my generation, India has become what it is today.

Venkata Venmuri I do not know who you are or what kind of game you are playing but things do not look good.

He has some serious problems. I think he should spend less time on PDF and more on counseling !

Brother, I was merely showing that Indians are very strong willed people. If you truly are Indian you will know that even at the most difficult and cruel times, that we will always pull through. This has always been the case for Indians. Your country do not grow to over billion in population by not being the toughest people in the world. I do not know how old you are, but I am 62. When I was a child, times were indeed extremely cruel and we did absolutely what ever was necessary for survival. If you do not believe that we ate leafs and drank from the ground, then you will likely not believe it if I told you where we slept. But today India is different. Learning about the past is like a completely different world, and indeed it was. Because of my generation, India has become what it is today.

Buddy are you actually saying things were so bad you ate grass?

He has some serious problems. I think he should spend less time on PDF and more on counseling !

Why do you think I have serious problems? Perhaps if you pointed them out we could work on them together.

I think you just insecure. Your mind is simply not ready to accept what Indian has become. Do not fear the Anglo-Saxons, brother. They can not hurt us anymore.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom