What's new

India's Micromax becomes 12th largest handset manufacturer in the world

made in China? not yet we see a high end/mid-end mobile made in India.

I know nokia etc have factories in India. don't count that. read the bold part.

micromax is operated by Indians from Canada(IIRC) who source their phones from China only.

@takeiteasy

That's not true.

Nokia India Manufactures 500 mn Handsets

This is Nokia's biggest manufacturing plant in the whole world.:woot:

The facility also added another milestone to its local operations by starting exports to North America and Europe, taking its total export markets from India to 70 countries.:cheers:

The Chennai facility can achieve the fastest ramp-up across all Nokia’s manufacturing plants globally.

The current production is supplied to both the domestic market as well as exported to countries in the West Asia and Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, besides North America and Europe.

Nokia India Manufactures 500 mn Handsets – New Dual SIM Phone Soon

shutterstock_75131428-520x245.jpg

Samsung invests $70 million to triple mobile production in India

Samsung invests $70 million to triple mobile production in India - TNW

MiCroMax Indeed is a Good Manufacturer Each of There Hand Set Have Totally Different Features from the Others...& they Have Made Specific Mobile to Target Specific Type of People Making Variety of Handset At the Cheapest Cost Along with Guarantee...

Some people still regard is as a "Chinese" mobile. And the reliability of its handsets is questionable?

Micromax has to really improve its standards more on reliability, consumer relations and brand name to come anywhere close to premier companies like Nokia, Samsung etc.Its a tough road ahead for Micromax though.

But nonetheless, good job Micromax.:cheers:

To pakistani members QMoblie is a subsidiary of Micromax India they are smart people they know that since pakistnis hate India young pakistani will not go for Indian brand easily so that have opted for a different name in pakistan.

Its simple like that.

Sorry, micromax is still just a rebadging company. It has only recently begun to set up R&D centers (for their own indigenous designs).
Though i agree that Qmobile may be rebadged micromax phones :D

From being a "fly-buy" phone brand, Micromax today claims to have exclusive deals with Chinese original design manufacturers, or ODMs (nobody else would have access to their designs). It's also working closely with chipset makers to tightly integrate their product features into its phones. Recently, it hired the head of R&D from a global company to steer its own efforts.
Source: Forbes India Magazine - Maxx Mobile: The Shanzhai Warrior

Strong R&D capability, powerful production facilities and well-equipped sales network are among the important factors which help establish our position in the industry. This is why more than 50 high-profile clients, including Micromax, turn to us for OEM/ODM projects repeatedly.
Source: C.L.F Technology CO.,Limited

The MediaTek revolution is massive in China & India right now. MediaTek has built chipsets/platforms at prices not seen before in the world of processors. Because of these platforms, Chinese manufacturers are producing smartphones and media phones which are being retailed in China & India for sub-$100. And some of the hardware is slick – check out Micromax: Nothing Like Anything | Mobile Phones India to see some of the devices.

I friend of mine works for Sequoia in India, who are heavily invested in both Sky-mobi (the Chinese “webOS” for MediaTek) as well as MicroMax, one of the big Indian device sellers capitalizing on MediaTek, has been telling me about the MediaTek revolution for several years. This is probably the big first “outing” of what is going on in China & India with MediaTek in the Western Media that I am aware of.
Source: Geeky Peek :: The Platform is Burning

Good one Micromax, today you are 12th rank may be an international brand at 4th or 5th rank after 10yrs.

Still, brand does matter..And Nokia is having highest market share in our country..
It will be tough for micromax to compete with the brand NOKIA..

But last I heard they are loosing out to their competitors, especially in the Smart Phone Market. Their Symbain OS is losing out to Android.

But last I heard they are loosing out to their competitors, especially in the Smart Phone Market. Their Symbain OS is losing out to Android.

Symbian is crap.

First comes iOS. Then Android. Then may be Mango (haven't used it yet).

Symbian is same old thing.

Symbian is crap.

First comes iOS. Then Android. Then may be Mango (haven't used it yet).

Symbian is same old thing.

Nopes Android is better than iOS in my opinion.. You can do so much more in Android phones like Samsung Galxy II in comparision to IPhone

@Topic
I never knew this company before.. seems like they came up pretty fast and they have some nice looking phones as well..

Nopes Android is better than iOS in my opinion.. You can do so much more in Android phones like Samsung Galxy II in comparision to IPhone

Andoid lags far behind in personalisation and eye candy.

Don't say anyting 'bout iPhone or I'll come out of your minotor and slit your throat.

lol

Just kidding. :)

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Andoid lags far behind in personalisation and eye candy.

Don't say anyting 'bout iPhone or I'll come out of your minotor and slit your throat.

lol

Just kidding. :)

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Android can't get ya the chicks.

iPhone can!

:lol::lol::lol:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom