What's new

Indian women turn to firearms against threat of violence

That's what I was thinking. But what other options do these indian women have?

Strict laws mate, strict laws! The law has to do its job, not the people take the law into their own hands. Compare the crime rate in New Delhi to the rates in Beijing, Singapore and Tokyo. All three have way lower crimes against women (and crime rates in general), as compared to Delhi. Yet tell me one person u have heard of who owns a gun in any of these 3 places (besides the authorities of course). And how many violent crimes do u really hear about Beijing, Singapore or Tokyo?

Sometime ago, I saw this movie based on a real life incident, "Noone Killed Jessica Lal" and I read about the case after that, since it was pretty interesting. A model was shot at point blank range simply because the offender was annoyed with her. He was out living the good life for almost a decade before they finally nailed him. Over here, he would have been executed in less than 2 years and we would have held him in the high security death-row wing of the prison all the way. Read about the case if you do get time. The problem those guys are having is not in the lack of guns, but lack of law enforcement and corruption at every level.

Any Delhites can confirm whether its really that dangerous for women to live in this city or its just some few incidents blown out of proportion.

Any Delhites can confirm whether its really that dangerous for women to live in this city or its just some few incidents blown out of proportion.

My wife is from Delhi and she always say Delhi is not safe compared to Mumbai or Kolkata.

My wife is from Delhi and she always say Delhi is not safe compared to Mumbai or Kolkata.

The main culprits are the rural folks from surrounding states who migrate there. Majority of them are male chauvinists and have scant respect for women. I believe even Delhi CM said so.

she is right

women cant wander freely in Delhi after 8 pm but in Mumbai they wander till 12 am

Back
Top Bottom