Indian Su-30s to be sold to Belarus

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Russia To Sell Old Su-30 Fighters To Belarus

September 27, 2012

Russian media reports say Moscow plans to sell Belarus old Sukhoi Su-30 military planes formerly used by India.

The "Vedomosti" newspaper, which initially reported the details of the deal, quoted a source in the Russian Defense Ministry as saying that the Belarusian Air Force could purchase 18 former Indian fighters.

According to the newspaper, India returned the planes to Russia after using them for about a decade.

In accordance with an agreement signed in 2007, Russia will provide India with more sophisticated planes -- the Su-30K -- instead.

Last week, Belarusian President Alyaksandr Lukashenka said he asked his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, for support for Belarusian Air Force when they met earlier this month.

"We will have modern planes in the near future," Lukashenka said.

Russia To Sell Old Su-30 Fighters To Belarus

Is nt that a piece of new information? ;)

I think we had purchased su 30 in 70 carores. Now we might purchase new like "purana tv de jao naya le jao“.

Can Russia sell my second hand scooter also:

2720d1230909745-all-scooters-swcooter.1.jpg

i hope it will fetch good money than :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The first batch were SU-30Ks which upon delivery of MKIs were returned to Russia.

Su-30Ks were ordinary fighters as compared to MKI's.

I am eagerly waiting to see "Super Sukhoi".........If i am not wrong Super Sukhois will posses brahmos integration with Nuclear weapons delivery systems.

Does Super sukhoi had any Zhuk AESA upgradation????? or not

In accordance with an agreement signed in 2007, Russia will provide India with more sophisticated planes -- the Su-30K -- instead.
Those are probably being replaced by the Super Sukhois which are more advanced than the present SU30-MKIs.

Belarus got good stuff at low price :D SU-30K s are comparable to any 4th Gen fighter out there

Ugh, Belarus is the last dictatorship in Europe. It's embarassing our region.

18 Su-30Кs have been delivered to Indian air forces inlate 1990s by the Irkutsk Aviation Plant as a provisional measure until the start of more advanced Su-30MKI fighter’sproduction. The contracts have been signed in 1996 and 2000 on delivery and licensed production of 190 Su-30MKIs on behalf of India.

In 2007 India has signed a contract on delivery of 18 Su-30MKIs in exchange for return of 18 Su-30Ks, which have passed into the ownership of Irkut Corporation and have been delivered to the 558 Aircraft repair plant (Baranovichi, Belarus) in order to avoid paying Russian VAT.

Belarus will acquire Su-30 aircraft previously operated by India - News - Russian Aviation - RUAVIATION.COM

Back
Top Bottom