What's new

Indian Stealth Warships

INS Kolkata

INS%2BKochi.jpg

5hdSvEk.jpg

I was on a shivalik class once i think it was a F49 when they do a port call in Australia as well as ship from other country.

What a great ship, it was very Hugh for a frigate, and I talked to some Indian sailor on that event, great chaps

I took some picture from the outside of the ship, and I did manage to sneak some photo from hanger deck

You can read my tour up here

Special Report - International Fleet Review 2013

I was on a shivalik class once i think it was a F49 when they do a port call in Australia as well as ship from other country.

What a great ship, it was very Hugh for a frigate, and I talked to some Indian sailor on that event, great chaps

I took some picture from the outside of the ship, and I did manage to sneak some photo from hanger deck

you've got great collection info about all the ships.:tup:

Almost there! About time I say. Any news on when its going to be commissioned?
There was a thread/news some one posted couple of days ago where the Chief of Naval Staff said that the new destroyers and corvettes will be inducted in the coming months (couple). So I am thinking first quarter of 2014.

When Indian Army and Indian Airforce struggle for modernisation and indigenisation ,How can Indian Navy smoothly modernised its all fleet in indigenious way,I cant understand

I hope our Indian friends can give a reason

There was a thread/news some one posted couple of days ago where the Chief of Naval Staff said that the new destroyers and corvettes will be inducted in the coming months (couple). So I am thinking first quarter of 2014.
Coming months is generally 5/8 months.
If it really was couple of months he would have said in coming weeks.
Its my observation though. I may be wrong.

The Shivalik class was at the IFR this year? Mann, I missed out :(

On another note; I'm flying down to the Eastern States next week, anything going on that's worth looking into?

Thats really nice thread. You should have posted that outside senior zone. Any ways thanks.

Wow...they let people roam around in frigates ? great selection of pics

In some months; Barak 8 is delayed and it has affected induction of INS Kolkata
And in the mean time , can't we make a long range version of AAD for Air defense of our large naval ships?

When Indian Army and Indian Airforce struggle for modernisation and indigenisation ,How can Indian Navy smoothly modernised its all fleet in indigenious way,I cant understand

I hope our Indian friends can give a reason
IA is modernizing as well except for big guns but with less pace.

And in the mean time , can't we make a long range version of AAD for Air defense of our large naval ships?

IA is modernizing as well except for big guns but with less pace.

AAD is interceptor not SAM cum interceptor

AAD is interceptor not SAM cum interceptor
I know but it is an air defense missile and hence can be modified to play the role of long range SAM plus interceptor for AShM. I wonder why we are not doing it.
We can have our own SM3 by modifying AAD or futurr PDV

Back
Top Bottom