What's new

Indian Special Forces

db16.jpg

Seems like you had too much curry..
From what I know they have been bought from the US and Israel. Indian man-portable UAVs are under devlopment and will be in service soon enough.

The (Indian) Netra UAV has been ordered by a few state police forces and CAPFs.

I meant which systems were bought? as for indian portable UAVs... do u mean netra?

Dude,you have a negative approach towards my post hence the poison comment.

The Army says that its soldiers shouldnt trust anyone and hence not consume food because it can be poisoned.Army personnel dont consume food in large numbers from a single restaurant be it Kashmir or Tamil Nadu.

Handheld drones are with SF..these guys had the bigger drones which operate from the AF base in Srinagar.

Not surprises the hatred for indian forces in the valley would make them cautious.

*Spec Ops Operator--We use 3 kinds of BPJs.The 1st one has 400gms plate.In this plate the BPJ is seperate and the Jacket is different.This is the one you would have seen mostly with Army SF.Second one has 4 kg plates with a rubber like outer core and the last type is the older type which has 8 kg plates.

Spec ops and SF use 400 gms one only.We spec ops guys wear 4 plates weighing 1.6 kgs and its pretty comfortable but the SF mostly wear 2 plates.

Even SAPI side plates don't weigh 400 gm.4 plates would mean 2 side plates which are smaller and weigh around 1kg and 2 plates which are the front and back plate respectively which weigh around 1.8-2.5 kg.Depends on the vest, I am sure the vests used by SF are plate carriers and not full body-armour with soft armour as well.
So the point is he'd just be carrying a plate which weighs 1.6KG instead of 4 plates.

Not surprises the hatred for indian forces in the valley would make them cautious.

Whatever floats your boat...We have a professional Army which is not allowed to go to every civilians house for dawat..Maybe that would be ther case for Pakistan ki berri fauj thatswhy its hard for you to get it.

Even SAPI side plates don't weigh 400 gm.4 plates would mean 2 side plates which are smaller and weigh around 1kg and 2 plates which are the front and back plate respectively which weigh around 1.8-2.5 kg.Depends on the vest, I am sure the vests used by SF are plate carriers and not full body-armour with soft armour as well.
So the point is he'd just be carrying a plate which weighs 1.6KG instead of 4 plates.

He told me that the plate is basically made of some fibre or something which looks like wool and is not a metal plate.One piece weighs 400gms.So 4 pieces would weigh 1.6kg.I have seen some pics too and they are smaller than the normal BPJ.

This was told to me last year by a regular RR guy also so i can confirm that a BPJ is there which weighs lighter than normal one.Although i too had doubts on its weight but this was not the first time i was hearing this so i trusted him.

Moreoever this kind of BPJ doesnt have the pouch attached.

He didnt share his pics but it looked something like this but not exactly the same..i would say a little smaller than this.

090509at_eaglevest_800.jpg

Any question you guys have which is related to this is most welcome and i would try to ask it from him.

Please keep in mind that most of the things are scanned and Army Spec ops and SF are on a constant watch by Army Intel so only those things can be shared which feels right.

Lastly this guy is a sepoy with 4-5 yrs of service and no officer who is technically sound with most equipments.So bear with this.Answers will be based on practical use and not geek knowledge crammed from a internet website.

And yeah lastly,When i asked him why are there so many camo in use with some guys wearing Elbow/Knee Guards and others not..Some carrying hydration packs and others not...some wearing israeli type helmets and others with patka he said that The entire Kashmir region is filled with different commands so it is upto the Army commander as to how he equips his QRT.

So we have to wait till F-INSAS gets inducted for such things to end.

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR some people have hatred sewn in their mentality and have been born for that...its their destiny and they would never come up in life because of that ...look at their country...if they would not have followed their hate mentality since 65 years their country would have been one of the most prosperous in the world and would not have been in the doldrums...my advice to you is keep these stories coming and don't be mindful of the haters coz Loosers would be loosers always and haters would be haters...Let them keep hating us for another thousand years and we would be progressing and developing and would make our country a better place for our citizens...and they will still be languishing at the bottom if ever they are in one piece which I doubt

Last edited by a moderator:
He told me that the plate is basically made of some fibre or something which looks like wool and is not a metal plate.One piece weighs 400gms.So 4 pieces would weigh 1.6kg.I have seen some pics too and they are smaller than the normal BPJ.

This was told to me last year by a regular RR guy also so i can confirm that a BPJ is there which weighs lighter than normal one.Although i too had doubts on its weight but this was not the first time i was hearing this so i trusted him.

Moreoever this kind of BPJ doesnt have the pouch attached.

He didnt share his pics but it looked something like this but not exactly the same..i would say a little smaller than this.

090509at_eaglevest_800.jpg

Those would be soft armour panels then which are supposed to be Kevlar or Aramid instead of hardened steel plates or Boron Carbide plates.

Kevlar or Aramid soft armour is only good for fragmentation and pistol rounds.

Whatever floats your boat...We have a professional Army which is not allowed to go to every civilians house for dawat..Maybe that would be ther case for Pakistan ki berri fauj thatswhy its hard for you to get it.

Yes your army just has draconian laws violating human rights in IOK... :lol:

Those would be soft armour panels than which are supposed to Kevlar or Aramid instead of hardened steel plates or Boron Carbide plates.

Kevlar or Aramid soft armour is only good for fragmentation and pistol rounds.

Ok...so what would be their protection against a 5.56 or 7.62?

Yes your army just has draconian laws violating human rights in IOK... :lol:

Dude..Till now i am quite only coz i considered you a friend and we both are fauji brats.

I need not remind you that no Army is clean and i can post enough **** against Pakistan Army which might make you more humble.

And lastly mate..Indian Special Forces are the most well trained,well equiped and the most successful SF in South Asia.Prove me wrong with facts not dialogues.

Dude..Till now i am quite only coz i considered you a friend and we both are fauji brats.

I need not remind you that no Army is clean and i can post enough **** against Pakistan Army which might make you more humble.

Go ahead.. and dont forget the list of human right violations of ur army...
And lastly mate..Indian Special Forces are the most well trained,well equiped and the most successful SF in South Asia.Prove me wrong with facts not dialogues.

Yeah right.. compare the armour,weapons,gears etc.. as for training or operations... how are you going to compare something when most of those are not even known?

Go ahead.. and dont forget the list of human right violations of ur army...

Yeah right.. compare the armour,weapons,gears etc.. as for training or operations... how are you going to compare something when most of those are not even known?

Compare everything from the assault rifle to LMG in use.

If you wanna talk about equipments only i can stick out my neck and say that SSG comes no where even close to Garuds and Marcos.

And lastly our SF dont have a single operation as a failure which cant be said about SSG.

Back
Top Bottom