What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

@Guynextdoor2

Off the Topic. I was just trying to tell you a sad news. "Brian" your lovable Avatar has died on November 24. RIP. But there is a petition to bring him back. Meanwhile they are bringing Vinnie another dog into the serial!!

That was unnecessarily aggressive? Is he a troll?

He's worse than a troll. A troll is full of BS. THis guy has deep convictions that even Abdus Salam should be thrown into the dustbin because he's a Kafir. Then why be interested in an Indian agency of Kafir's anyway? I have no respect for people who do not value people for who they are. He reminds me of Nazi physicists who attacked Einstiein for his 'jew theories' of E=MC2. A scientific turth is truth, you can't try to change it because the man who discovered it belongs to a relegion or a sect.

@Guynextdoor2

Off the Topic. I was just trying to tell you a sad news. "Brian" your lovable Avatar has died on November 24. RIP. But there is a petition to bring him back. Meanwhile they are bringing Vinnie another dog into the serial!!

WAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!! Shucks I hav not been watching the latest season- now I will have to hunt for those damn ******** !!!!:cry:

Last edited:
seriously??
last season he was fine
now the only such think left on tv would be klaus from american dad

He's worse than a troll. A troll is full of BS. THis guy has deep convictions that even Abdus Salam should be thrown into the dustbin because he's a Kafir. Then why be interested in an Indian agency of Kafir's anyway? I have no respect for people who do not value people for who they are. He reminds me of Nazi physicists who attacked Einstiein for his 'jew theories' of E=MC2. A scientific turth is truth, you can try to change it because the man who discovered it belongs to a relegion or a sect.

WAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!! Shucks I hav not been watching the latest season- now I will have to hunt for those damn ******** !!!!:cry:

Wait, why do they hate Abdus Salam? Because he is an Ahmedi?

I have watched his interviews and have found nothing objectionable in his views. Abdus Salam seems a quiet and reserved person. You never realise he is a Nobel prize winner

Wait, why do they hate Abdus Salam? Because he is an Ahmedi?

I have watched his interviews and have found nothing objectionable in his views. Abdus Salam seems a quiet and reserved person. You never realise he is a Nobel prize winner

More than just 'they hate', this guy (Suparco) specifically hates him because he's an Ahmedi and 'Kafir'. ANd pointing out to him all the good that Abdus Salam has done for his people, including the founding of Suparco, only enrages this guy. He would have preferred a 'purer' muslim to have founded it I guess.

More than just 'they hate', this guy (Suparco) specifically hates him because he's an Ahmedi and 'Kafir'. ANd pointing out to him all the good that Abdus Salam has done for his people, including the founding of Suparco, only enrages this guy. He would have preferred a 'purer' muslim to have founded it I guess.

But Abdus Salam along wit) CV Raman has been an inspiration to scientists in this region.

I don't care if Abdus Salam was a blasphemer. A brilliant mind should be appreciated regardless.

Did Abdus Salam make controversial statements. Interviews on YouTube make him out to be quiet, shy and academically. The guy seems really harmless

But Abdus Salam along wit) CV Raman has been an inspiration to scientists in this region.

I don't care if Abdus Salam was a blasphemer. A brilliant mind should be appreciated regardless.

Did Abdus Salam make controversial statements. Interviews on YouTube make him out to be quiet, shy and academically. The guy seems really harmless

I don't think there was any such statement from him. It was only his faith that got him into trouble.

Nothing is above God.. A Blaspheme has no right to live.. (Wajib-e-Quatl)

INDIA_MARS_MISSION_1667322f.jpg

The first Indian Mars mission began its last orbit around the Earth on Wednesday morning, even as its controllers prepared for the big night three days away.

On the night of November 30-December 1, the spacecraft will be finally thrust away from the Earth, and all the way towards the Red Planet, after gathering a total escape speed of around 11.4 kms a second.

Indian Space Research Organisation’s Scientific Secretary V. Koteswara Rao told a pre-event briefing at the control centre at the Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC) on Wednesday, “We are planning for the Mars spacecraft to depart the Earth in the early hours of December 1.”

‘SECOND BIG CHALLENGE’

Dozens of controllers at the Mission Operations Complex at ISTRAC were getting set for what the space agency’s chairman, K. Radhakrishnan, earlier termed ‘the second big challenge in the Mars mission’: the day when they must precisely increase the spacecraft’s velocity and slingshot it exactly towards Mars.

Saturday’s trans-Mars insertion (TMI) is set for 12.49 am. The spacecraft has been orbiting the Earth once in almost four days or 91.3 hours, since November 16.

About the TMI, Mr. Rao said, “On that day we must burn the liquid engine for roughly 23 minutes, which will impart to it an incremental velocity of 648 metres per second. Then begins a journey of 680 million km over 300 days.”

Once it nears Mars, we will have another major operation in September 2014 to make it orbit the planet, he said.

In six orbit-raising operations from November 7 to November 16, the spacecraft has gradually been given its present velocity of 873 metres a second and it reached an apogee (farthest point) of 1.92 lakh km.

Once it moves beyond 2 lakh km, ISTRAC’s Indian Deep Space Network at Byalalu would come into the picture with its two large antennas which can track huge interplanetary missions.

The spacecraft carrying five instruments to study Mars was launched on November 5 from Sriharikota.

Mars mission’s D-day in three days | idrw.org

HYDERABAD — The count down has begun. Tonight is the night Isro's scientists are eagerly waiting for.

Not with their fingers crossed but with the confidence that they can get on the feeling that they have done their job right. It's not going to be a nail-biting time but an hour and time that they are looking for to.

India's Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) will leave earth's gravity at 12.49 am tonight (past midnight on Novevmber 30). This would make it 00.49 hrs on Sunday morning (December 1).

"Everything is ready. The team of scientists is on the job," an Isro spokesperson said explaining the different stages that are to take place operationally.

With 'MOM' fans looking forward to the time when the spacecraft will leave the earth's gravity tonight, they are flooding Isro scientists with questions.

Isro had explained that the two doughnut shaped blankets that shroud the Earth with highly charged plasma particles comprising of electrons, protons and nuclei are called Van Allen Radiation belts and that MOM has successfully sustained several passes of these lethal radiation belts speculated to have been formed by furious solar winds and harmful cosmic rays.

Scientists had explained that these belts are a part of Earth's inner magnetosphere and stretch from an altitude of 1000 km to 60,000 km above Earth.

They had also said prolonged exposure to these belts poses a significant threat to various sensitive components of a spacecraft. ISRO's Mars Orbiter Mission spacecraft is designed with sufficient safeguards against such fatal particles.

The question now is: Does Mars also has similar radiation belt(s)? Responding to the query by Arun K Desai, Isro replied that scientists think that Mars had a global magnetic field like that of Earth, which disappeared billions of years ago.

Without the protection of this magnetic field, most of the water and atmosphere escaped from Mars. In the absence of Magnetic field, radiation belts also won't sustain.

To another question by Madhuri J Madhuri, scientists said MOM has to survive the radiation belt while moving at the natural velocity of the orbit. MOM fires its Liquid Engine only for making orbit changes.

It has also been clarified to MOM fans that the spacecraft does not take a longer time to reach Mars because of the extra burn as a result of the fifth orbit raising manoeuvre .

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...zgPdMe1tmyndgrJpOUVkeOw&bvm=bv.57155469,d.bmk

Back
Top Bottom